[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lusosphere Union / Fifth Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
Apparently Portugal's new Euroskeptic government proposed a Lusophone union as an alternative to the EU.

http://www.bbc.com/portuguese/noticias/2015/12/151217_portugal_circulacao_paises_rm?ocid=socialflow_facebook#share-tools

The Lusosphere, made up mostly of Brazil and a few African countries are, as Portugal' new government puts it, Portugal's true community, and not Europe. The union would call for free trade, free movement of people and cooperation.
>>
>>52539084
> portusmall
> trying to be big
>>
That's a pretty shitty union but ok. They can pass their trash around freely if they want.
>>
File: S23w4WS.jpg (298 KB, 1600x1126) Image search: [Google]
S23w4WS.jpg
298 KB, 1600x1126
> portubig
>>
???? Isn't Equatorial Guinea one of the worst countries on earth?
>>
>>52539732
It's a corrupt poverty-ridden narco-state [run by drug lords].

That's pretty Portuguese if you ask me.
>>
>>52539732
ecuatorial guinea is actually spanish, the only spanish country in the african continent where spanish is the official language
>>
>>52540455
DESIGNATED
DECAPITATION
DISTRICTS
>>
>free movement of people

Jesus christ, that would destroy Brazil.

Sad thing is this would have worked so well with Anglo countries. Ffs
>>
>>52540953
>destroy Brazil

Sorry meant destroy Portugal
>>
Did Australia banter Portugal off of /int/?

The few Portugals left here are like an endangered species.
>>
>>52541380
Probably relegated to lurking or proxy posting.
>>
>>52540980
we are indestructible
>>
>>52541439
Poor Portugal, can't even participate in Portugal threads without being bombarded by t. Alberto Barbosa, > portuX or info maps that make them out to be an illiterate AIDS infected Muslim country.
>>
>>52541528
they are still going strong in /luso/ at least

we don't alberto barbosa them there
>>
>>52541543
I guess the Portuguese government was right. Only Portugal's /luso/ brethern understand him.
>>
>>52539084
Goa is part of India.

How exactly would you even invite a state from another country?
>>
>>52541587
In fact so is Macau. China would tell you to fuck right off as well.

Nobody cares about you anymore Poortugal. You have nothing to offer in the way of technology, economy, or even culture.
>>
>>52541587
And Goa has lots of tourism too, I don't think India will give it so easily
>>
>>52541587
I believe the Portuguese government are only really looking at Brazil, Angola, Mozambique and East Timor.

Guinea Bisua is ruled by drug lords, Gao is now part of India, Macua is now part of China.

Macau has one of the highest HDIs in the world, and Gao has among the highest standards of living of any Indian city.
>>
>Freedom of movement with Brazil and nigger countries
Literally a suicide, prepare to get enriched
>>
>>52541775
iirc Macau is also the richest city in the world by some measure

>the only east asian portugal colony turns into a rich as fuck city
>every other one goes to shit
It's hard not to be racist
>>
>>52541775
What exactly does Portugal have to offer anyone?

They are a nobody trying to live off of +500 year old history. UK can at least maintain a Commonwealth and France their Francophone, because have something to offer as far as economy and technology goes. It doesn't exactly help that for most of those countries, except maybe Brazil, they got kicked out on bad terms.
>>
>>52541939
Portaguese didn't make it rich though.

It became rich as a gambling/tax haven when China started to boom, as the Communist government wanted to keep them happy and not turn them into another Hong Kong, where people want democracy.
>>
This must be a joke

the portuguese already can enter Brazil (the only other relevant country of this union) freely. Why would they open up for all Brazilians and africans?
>>
>>52542006
My point exactly though. The other portugese colonies ran by hispanics/blacks go to shit, the east asian one prospers. Whether a country sized colony in China would prosper is another question, but I think my point remains.
>>
>>52542079
So Chinks > Portaguese?
>>
>>52542103
Chinks > Hispanics/blacks

Chinks also possibly better than Portugese. It's hard to say. I don't know shit about Portugal so can't compare it to Macau where I've acually been. All I know is it's better than Brazil/Africa/East Timor
>>
>>52539084
>free movement of people and cooperation.

Ehhh.
Terrible idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ie9d0F0DQY
>>
>>52542155
Can't really compare countries to cities though.

There are some South Brazillians cities that have some very high standards of living, same with Angola. Angola is actually one of the richer African nations.
>>
File: 6804055_MV9tM.jpg (86 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
6804055_MV9tM.jpg
86 KB, 580x435
>>52542198
COVA DE MOURA
O
V
A

D
E

M
O
U
R
AVOC ED ARUOM
>>
>yes this good! Let's form an Italian Union!
>total countries: one

Someone please... Kill us ;_;
>>
>>52543506
Having a language sphere is pretty shitty m8.
>>
>>52543506
San Marino, Switzerland and Monaco
>>
>>52543643
Especially when all the other countries in it are third-world.
>>
>>52539084
That's an awful idea
>>
>>52543758
If it were based on Commonwealth's model it would include Lybia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, maybe Albania. Yeah, rather not.
>>
>No poster from Portugal in a Portuguese empire thread
Fuck you Australia
>>
>>52539084
It would be interesting to see Brazil and Portugal become one country but everything else is just so shitty
>>
>>52546330
BRICS would be PRICS, very interesting I'm a fully Portuguese American and I like this.
>>
>>52539084
Fuck off lusoniggers, we're full.
>>
>>52546330

No, please god no.

Fun fact: Portuguese can join our Federal Police.
>>
>>52545213
>Lybia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, maybe Albania
It would also include Southern Italy
>>
>>52541380
This was posted at 5 AM
>>
>>52547499
> born too late to explore the seas
> born too early for PRICS
> born just in time to argue on /int/
>>
It would be a meme like the commonwealth
>>
>>52539084
from what i read it's not so much a lusophone union as it actually is just a free green card from african immigrants who usually have to go through expensive procedures to become portuguese citizens. the whole point is to make up for population loss that's emigrating.
it's ridiculous but what else do you expect from a shitty indian
>>
>>52539084
Tbh this feels like a better idea than the EU, have smaller but more cohesive unions between states that actually like eachother, EX. Visegard, Benelux, an Anglosphere
>>
>>52539084
>Portugal installs free trade with Brazil
>keeps it's free trade agreement with europe
>Brazilian goods flood the entire European market, destroying the local competition
>Brazil economy booms
>Brazil world superpower by 2030
>>
>>52548268
But it would be a meme with precedent.
>>
File: brazil stronk.png (11 KB, 620x106) Image search: [Google]
brazil stronk.png
11 KB, 620x106
>>52550424
This would be true if we actually had a competitive economy.
>>
>>52550924
Can we just kill these damn commies already?!
>>
>>52550883
>Brazil, Portugal, Algarves

What about Galicia?
>>
>>52551044
cucks of the leonese
>>
>>52551083
this
>>
>>52550957
>kill these damn commies
we would end up with less people than portugal
>>
File: laruff fdp.jpg (71 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
laruff fdp.jpg
71 KB, 400x363
>>52551675
Good more land for me.

Is laruff the most cartoonist cuck in Brazil?
>>
>>52539488
that was cheating. c'mon portugal you are better than this.
>>
>>52551675
And how that's a bad thing?
>>
>>52539084
I'd make Commonwealth as alternative to EU, good idea too

Funfact: In Civ V Portugal is only of colonial nations to retain it's colonies on the citylist. Aside Brazil that is.
>>
>>52539622
>thode dutch borders
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.