[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm learning Russian at the moment. Can anyone give some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: russia.jpg (234 KB, 1502x1005) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
234 KB, 1502x1005
I'm learning Russian at the moment. Can anyone give some tips to help me out? Particularly with the Cyrillic alphabet
>>
>>52537842
Get stickers for your keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Russian-English-Backgroubd-Transparent-Computers-Keyboards/dp/B002NYDHPG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450843720&sr=8-1&keywords=cyrillic+keyboard+stickers

Don't be a tool that """"learns""""" Russian with latin script.
>>
Learning the alphabet is the easiest part.
i Just used this site
http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/lesson1_main.php
>>
>>52537842
If you're struggling to learn the alphabet you might as well give up now. Not even trying to be a shit, but it shouldn't take you more than an hour or two.
You've got no chance of learning their cases and all their other confusing grammar rules if you can't get the alphabet down. It's no harder than the English alphabet, apart from pronunciation.
>>
>>52537989
>learning russian witg latin script
Do such courses even exist?
>>
>>52538102
dont listen to this retard.
>>
>>52537842
Look for an app called "cyrillic" by pincode, it's a simple memory game that'll help you learn it in no time

>>52539131
In some sense he's right though, the alphabet can be learned in an hour, the grammar is the actual nightmarish part
>>
>>52538102
>>52539131
Being realistic, listen to him
If memorizing 33 letters is a problem to you, then, shit, learning cases is going to make you cry.
>>52539097
Duolingo has a Latin option
>>52539349
You don't even need to go through the trouble of getting an application. I learned it by the Cyrillic alphabet in one column, the equivalents in another, and then trying to transliterate sentences. And repeated this a few times. That being said, the application might be worth a try.
>>
>>52538076
the pronunciation of 'metro' on that site (myetro) differs from what I saw an anon post here once
>>
>>52539097
When i told my italian teacher about learning russian, he asked me if i was doing so with the latin or the cyrillic script. He got all of my wut.
>>
>>52537842
Хyй - Khuy - Dick
Пиздa - Peezda - Vagina
Пoшёл - Poshyol - Go
And Go + dick = Poshyol na khuy
Go + peezda = poshyol v pizdu
These phrases the most neccessary in any dialogues with Rushians) Just for luzls
>>
>>52543444
hey can you vocaroo this >>52543325 or tell me if the site has it wrong
>>
>>52543483
I am sorry, what "vaccarro" is mean?
>>
>>52543600
http://vocaroo.com/
>>
File: bCiPTU5.jpg (1 MB, 799x6222) Image search: [Google]
bCiPTU5.jpg
1 MB, 799x6222
>>
Cyrrilic alphabet is not difficult, if you know Greek Alphabet. Metro(Subway - Underground) is Meтpoпoлитeн (Metropolileeten) or informal Metro, Podzemka (Пoдзeмкa)
>>
>>52543676
This seems like it was made for children
>>
>>52543639
May be later, couz I am in university now.
>>
>>52543783
it's cool
is the 'e' in the word pronounced 'ye' (like in 'yes') though? or is it more of a hard e (like in 'bed')
>>
>>52543676
It has google translate level mistakes.
>>
>>52543813
Cyrillic 'e' is pronounced as ye, like eвpoпa = yevropa

Э is more like the e we use in english, like эмиccap
>>
>>52543444

Suka, bljat, ja jebat tvojo mat or something like that
>>
>>52543893
yeah, although in that instance I figured it was an exception, based on how this anon pronounced it
http://desustorage.org/int/thread/52295328/#52296112
just wanted more confirmation
>>
>>52543813
Letter "E" in russian words have two versions of pronunciation hard E as Yes and mild E as je in word bed
>>
>>52543954
I assume most of the pronunciation for Russian words is the former, but is there any way to gauge how to pronounce it just from reading a new word? Or must I hear it being pronounced first
>>
If Word from foreign languages E - hard as in sEx, mEtropolitEn, if word true russian or >>52543983
It's like English, many words I haven't listen, i just guess, if you want understand russian and speak u mustta listen russuan music and watch russian movies. I learned english by Nightwish songs.
>>
Hey guys, here is the letter o, but it will be pronunced a every time. Except if it's accentuated. :DDD
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.