[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People in red and yellow countries: Do you wish your country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Dubbing_in_Europe_1.jpg (317 KB, 1303x1506) Image search: [Google]
Dubbing_in_Europe_1.jpg
317 KB, 1303x1506
People in red and yellow countries:
Do you wish your country didn't dub everything?
Do you prefer watching with the original language?
Can you easily pick what language to watch in at the cinema or is everything dubbed there as well?
Do you believe that dubbing prevents your people from better learning English for example?
>>
Only old people watch tv.
>>
>>52531339
>Do you wish your country didn't dub everything?
Our dubbing is really good most of the time so I'm fine with it
>Do you prefer watching with the original language?
Depends of the movies honestly
>Can you easily pick what language to watch in at the cinema or is everything dubbed there as well?
If you go to a cinema to watch a movie not in french you'll have it dubbed in any cinema, maybe dubbing+subtitles for the deaf people
>Do you believe that dubbing prevents your people from better learning English for example?
Well honestly it doesn't matter, many people in France don't speak english just because they don't need to, you can live your whole life in France without speaking english at all.
>>
>>52531523
>Can you easily pick what language to watch in at the cinema or is everything dubbed there as well?
Hmm that was poorly phrased. Of course I meant to ask if you can choose to watch a movie dubbed or not but I think you understood.

Odd that you can't even choose that?
>>
who cares
dubs are usually good but I don't really watch tv
cinema is dubbed as well like 90% of the movies
>>
>>52531614
Well the choices would be original voice / dubbed / original voice + subtitles, that would be a pain in the ass to organize for the cinemas kek
>>
>Movie is set in England
>Everyone speaks Italian

At least if they spoke Arabic it would make sense
>>
>>52531339
Dubbing only makes sense if applied to kid's show.
That's why portugal has the biggest percentage of english speakers in southern europe including france
>>
>>52531754
Gladiator is the opposite of that.
>>
>>52531850
Not really,he should speak latin...
>>
>>52531836
Why can't you teach your southern brothers to stop watching movies like 5-year olds?
>>
>watching TV
>going to cinema
Literally couldn't give less of a shit.
>>
Not all dubs are created equal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2OuDUw8gg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
>>
Watching dubbed movies or other stuff is lame, since acting is also about the way you say your lines. Can you imagine Al Pacino in Scarface, or Marlon Brando in the Godfather, dubbed by some lame faggot that does his voice in your native language?

I can't

Non-dubbed masterrace
>>
>>52531898
I don't understand desu,dubbing damages the quality of a movie...
We(portuguese) even watched japanese cartoons without dubs and only with subs...
>>
>>52531339
who gives a shit about English, there's school for that
cuck
>>
>>52531339
I really don't care about this shit
If I'm interested in movie, no, because my English is not good enough to understand all dialogs. But I usually watch some movies in original + eng subs to study the language.
No, most of cinemas don't have this options. I know only one cinema in Moscow that shows films with original sound + rus subs.
>Do you believe that dubbing prevents your people from better learning English for example?
No, I don't think it's a real reason, just most of Russians don't need to know English.
>>
I like dubs desu baka.
>>
>>52531339
slovak confirmed for non-language
>>
>>52531339
Dubbing is best. I don't want to translate everything in my head while watching or concentrate on subtitles.
>>
>>52532627
now say that with a straight face
>>
>>52532627
So you prefer to hear GOAT actors with the talentless voice of some nitwit from Germany?
>>
>>52532755
Sure most voices aren't as good as the original ones but some are really good.
>>
>>52532866
Give us an example of what you think is a good dub. Do you have a youtube link?
>>
File: cc6.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
cc6.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>52532866
>>
>>52532900
Search for the German voice of Frank Underwood in House of Cards. In my opinion that voice is better than the original one because it sounds more rough and dark.
>>
>>52532954
It's not the voice of "Frank Underwood", therefore it can not be better than the original. It undermines the whole meaning of Kevin Spacey's acting.
>>
>>52532954
This is a good dub?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg6p-a5UkOA
>>
>>52533045
The voice is there to support the character and the original one sounds way to friendly and unfitting. The voice of claire is very bad in our version though.
>>
>>52533116
Everything sounds retarded in a language you don't unterstand. If I'd watch an episode of spongebob in swedish I'd probably laugh my ass off.
>>
>>52533192
How can the original sound friendly and unfitting? It's litteraly the voice of the character. Southern US accent, and ofcourse he sounds friendly. The guy is a deceitful politician, he should sound friendly, because that is how deceitful politicians sound.
>>
>>52533196
Not sure what you are implying here. Are you saying that there is always a minority that wants dubbed because then I agree with you. However, 99% of all swedes would oppose dubbed movies because we know how much it ruins the experience.
>>
>>52532900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPH6dRYA1Y
This one is bretty gud.
>>
>>52531339
No, it's for general population so dubbing everything is fine
Yes
No, everything is dubbed, finding the screening in the original language is pretty hard
Probably
>>
>>52533313
It depends on wether you're used to it or not. If you grow with dubbed movies and with the different actors having the same dubbed voice in every movie you get used to them. If for example they'd change the German voice for Johnny Depp I'd be extremely annoyed and couldn't watch the movie because I'm so used to the voice it's like Johnny Depp always spoke German and not some random voice actor.
>>
>>52533543
>>
>>52531614

Avid cinema goer.

France usually offers dubbed versions (VF) and original version with subtitles (VOST), nothing else (exceptions exist but they're exceptions)
>>
>>52531339
YES. YES. PLEASE.
Dubbing only works with occidental cartoons and some rare movies and series, the rest of the time it just sounds like utter shit to me.
You probably can find both at the cinema, desu most movies I've seen there (<10) in the latest years were in English

Idk m8 there are plenty of reasons why people suck at speaking English.
>>
>>52533641
Are VOST common or rare?
>>
>>52533313
Meh deleted my post cause I never though about Hungary, although it might might have a big enough market.
Well as of no one would support it as the German said one would probably just get used to it from young age.
Well not only minority, but that would be done on a national level with a language as a whole, thing is some languages just aren't spoken so widely as French or German, etc. so there's not enough big market to be bothered with.
As of England there's just not enough big market for foreign speaking films to make dubbing worthwhile.
I really doubt that smaller population countries in Europe (apart from Hungary and Czech - god knows why) aren't dubbing just cause that would sound silly, or cause they cherish the original content.
Besides such thing are probably being pushed by the movie industry and not solely by the country itself.
>>
>>52533834
I'd say it's a pretty common thing here, but I guess I don't live in the same city as >>52531523
>>
>>52531339

Why? It creates an inner industry and you can always watch the original version anytime you want

Most of the time I don't mind

Everything dubbed unless it is some niche cinema

The few Portugueses I know don't know english and they only dub cartoons so I guess dubbing isn't the cause of our awful english. Apart of music we aren't exposed at Uncle Sam's culture as much as you guys.
>>
>>52531339

1)No. Why would I want to watch a movie speaking something I don't understand?
2)Depends. Sometimes it's better the original, but f.i I can't take Clint Eastwood's movies seriously with his original faggy voice. It's hilarious.
3)Everything is dubbed in cinemas except the very few cinemas that project the original, usually with subtitles.
4)Dubbing would probably help with learning english, but at the price of cuckolding our national culture. So no, thanks. And it would seem fucking weird to turn on the tv and start listening another language.
>>
Id much rather watch with subtitles only. Netflix has some foreign movies, remember some. South korean action movies that were pretty dope.

If you pay attention to the subtitles its fine, but if it was dubbed it would sound retarded.
>>
Here in Brazil you always have a choice

Usually poor people and children watch dubbed movies. Open tv channels show mostly dubbed movies also.

Usually watching dubbed movies is a sign of ignorance, and it's looked down upon. It's acceptable for children movies though. I think the lest dubbed movie I watched was Disney's Inside out. I have to admit the dubs are very well done, I watched some parts of the original later and the Brazilian dub is even funnier. Would not watch anything serious with a dub though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.