[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people think Microsoft bought Nokia My cousin works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1440876808965.png (66 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1440876808965.png
66 KB, 600x578
>mfw people think Microsoft bought Nokia

My cousin works for Nokia here in Finland and he just showed me a prototype of an Android phone they're releasing in 2016. It fucking BENDS!!! The fucking screen BENDS!!! You can even wear it around your fucking arm!!!!

He told me Nokia also still owns all their patents.
>>
>>52499645
the 90s are over, Kimi
no one wants your crap anymore
>>
I want to believe. The deal was a monumental fuckup for Microsoft.
>>
I hope Nokia comes back and refugees go away and things go back as they were.
>>
bydlo tier phone "idea"
>>
>>52499785

BASED RAJEEV SURI

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nokia-microsoft-patents-idUSBRE9820ZZ20130903

>Why Nokia didn't sell its patents to Microsoft
>Nokia may have sold its handset business to Microsoft Corp, but by hanging on to its valuable patent portfolio, the Finnish company could also get a big future payoff

>"For Nokia to sell the business, and not sell the patents, there must be something else cooking to recover value,"
>>
>>52500001

>52500001
>52500000

Old times will come back and you will get your repeating numbers as well.
>>
>>52500121

True reason is that microsoft did not want to buy that shit
>>
>>52499645
>Android phone

6 years too late milady
>>
why would you want a bendy phone?
>>
File: OZO-PRESS-PHOTO-05.0.jpg (84 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
OZO-PRESS-PHOTO-05.0.jpg
84 KB, 1400x788
>>52500146

CRY MOAR FAGGOT

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/1/9825630/nokia-ozo-virtual-reality-camera-price

>"When I joined in September of 2014, I was tasked with coming up with a new strategy for Nokia Technologies," Ramzi Haidamus, president of Nokia Technologies tells me.
>"You have to remember that this team is eager to get back into the game," Haidamus stresses. "This is the first product from Nokia Technologies since the phone days, and they just really wanted to outdo themselves."
>>
>>52500227
No one has used a Nokia phone here since 2005 at the latest
>>
File: 863321335.jpg (35 KB, 556x350) Image search: [Google]
863321335.jpg
35 KB, 556x350
>lego/barbie phone isn't the future
>>
>>52500256

US was never the market for Nokia. It was India and other shit that bought Nokia the most. And obviously a big part of Europe in the early 00s, but i'm talking late 00s now.
>>
>>52500340

Have fun with nokia funland i hope it works out for you
>>
>>52500189
wouldn't break as easily perhaps ? p
>>
NOKIA IS COMING BACK BABY AND IT WILL SAVE OUR EURO-CANCERIFIED ECONOMY

WE WILL REMOVE OURSELVES FROM EU AND EURO AND WE WILL KICK OUT ALL THE MUDSLIMES

FINLAND WILL RISE AGAIN

FINLAND STRONG!
>>
>>52500256

Americans are cu cked by carrier contracts. Nokia never played your corrupt carrier game.
>>
>from microshit to cuckroid
oh wow another useless facebook machine piece of shit, why not go ios while they're at it
>>
>>52499645
Fuck off cuckshill.
>>
Finland wins again.

We are unstoppable.
>>
Nokia and android? What happen with this glorious strategy?
http://www.zdnet.com/article/nokia-using-android-like-peeing-in-your-pants-for-warmth-in-winter/
>>
We made a phone that bends like a year or so ago
It's fucking pointless m8
>>
>Nokia got BTFO
>Finnish economy literally the sick man of Europe

>b-but N-Nokia will become g-good again
>>
>>52504493
Nokia's leadership going into the smarphone era was abysmal. They were dragged kicking and screaming into the smartphone market and then went for Microshit.

I really don't care about Nokia or have any faith in them anymore.
>>
>>52499645
Good. I like Microsoft and all but they should stick to their shit and let other companies do their own thing without fucking it up.
>>
I think it's kind of sad that Fins cling to an outdated company in hopes that it will save their economy. I really hope it works out for you guys
>>
>>52504776
Nokia still makes good tires and rubber boots
>>
>>52504776
Nokia has some great perks though. Sure you can say the battery life was only a thing because the phone wasn't high tech but I don't doubt they'll continue on with the amazing battery life and keep on with the durability part.
>>
>>52504623
>says the country that didn't recover from recession already
Lmao
>>
>>52505030
We haven't been in a recession since november 2013. We're doing fine, thanks for your concern
>>
>>52500146
They wanted to buy a failed phone division and not the patents that are basically making free money for them?
>>
File: kylteri_3.jpg (89 KB, 369x500) Image search: [Google]
kylteri_3.jpg
89 KB, 369x500
>>52504776
Nokia is actually very big in the Fixed & Wireless network business, both in the actual infrastructure and the devices for the end users.

They bought Alcatel-Lucent, their biggest competitor, with the money they got from the Microsoft deal. Lucent is a former part of AT&T and houses the famous Bell Labs R&D department.

>Bell Labs: radio astronomy, the transistor, the laser, the charge-coupled device (CCD), information theory, the UNIX operating system, the C programming language, S programming language and the C++ programming language. >Eight Nobel Prizes have been awarded for work completed at Bell Laboratories.

t. I worked on the M&A deal headed by JPM (I do not work for JPM)
>>
>>52506498
>Researchers working at Bell Labs are credited with the development of radio astronomy, the transistor, the laser, the charge-coupled device (CCD), information theory, the UNIX operating system, the C programming language, S programming language and the C++ programming language.

>Eight Nobel Prizes have been awarded for work completed at Bell Laboratories.

The deal will go through in early 2016.
>>
>>52506498
So How long until all communication companies in the world just become one giant ?
>>
>>52504581

Korea copied Nokia invented technology. Your phone didn't bend, it was curved. Nokia bending phone from 4 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEs8HQIa9Nc

The technology is now perfected

Nokia invented bendable displays and electronics. Some videos from 5 years ago. All patents still owned 100% by Nokia. http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/28/a-grand-tour-of-nanotechnology-at-nokia-research-center-cambrid/
>>
>>52504581
Tää
>>
File: 1432851232116.png (96 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
1432851232116.png
96 KB, 600x650
>Finland will be a high tech titan once more in your lifetime

feels good family
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.