[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kurils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Volcanic_KurilIslands_Russia.jpg (80 KB, 958x512) Image search: [Google]
Volcanic_KurilIslands_Russia.jpg
80 KB, 958x512
Why do Japanese need Kurils? I understand why we need them - they are a natural gateway of the sea of okhotsk. But what do you guys need with them? I'm not politically biased, just curious. This is not for shitstorm purposes, I couldn't care less about who's right and who's wrong here
>>
>>52466105
>they are a natural gateway of the sea of okhotsk
There's your answer
>>
Let me get this straight: if Russia succeeds in claiming the islands, they are officially the legal successor of the Soviet Union?
>>
>>52466533
They already are the legal successor of the soviet union.
>>
>>52466533
Russia already controls the islands
I don't get the question
>>
Why do Japanese need Tokyo? I understand why Russia need it- Russia needs all clay it can get. But what do you guys need with it? I'm not politically biased, just curious.
>>
>>52466643
No they are not. If they were, they should by international law give out a shitload of reparations moneys so they deny being the legal successor of the Soviet Union.
However it seems that in this case they try to argue that they are, basing their claim to the islands on some treaties that were signed by SU...

Schizophrenia!
>>
>>52466105
They just want the two or three southernmost islands that weren't part of the Kurils that became Japanese after the Russo-Japanese war but were already colonized before.
>>
>>52466826
SU never officialy ended the war with japan. they signed no treaty with them.

they kept SU permanent seat on the security council etc.. our country say, got some debts from them from former SU and so on. It's pretty established internationally that they are successor of SU.
>>
>>52466421
Japan doesn't rely on Okhotsk sea naval ports to provide access to the Pacific. Unlike Russia
>>
>>52466921
Yeah no, they were offered that much. They will only take the entirety of Kurils
>>
>>52466105

Why does Japanese need any islands at all? Gib more clay.
>>
>>52466105
the biggest country in the world doesn't have enough land and needs to take it from a tiny overpopulated island

lol
>>
>>52467768
We don't need the islands. We need to be able to get to the pacific ocean in the winter
>>
>>52467807
global warming will take care of that soon enough
>>
File: 45465-602414.jpg (30 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
45465-602414.jpg
30 KB, 590x350
>>52468075
Global warming will probably take care of Kurils as well
>>
>>52467630
>They will only take the entirety of Kurils
And who does say that?
The only ones claiming that would be some Ultra-nationalists and strangely their Communist Party, even the LDP which is always chanted as fascist, nationalist or whatever doesnt give a shit about anything then the four southernmost islands.
>>
>>52466533
>>52466826
Don't what's up with your world view. December 1991, Russia internationally recognised as the successor state to the Soviet Union. We paid SU debts many years ago.
>>
File: 1422729825548.jpg (446 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1422729825548.jpg
446 KB, 2048x1536
>>52470482
>We paid SU debts many years ago
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.