[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Great" Britain on suicide watch!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.png (498 KB, 480x769) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.png
498 KB, 480x769
"Great" Britain on suicide watch!
>>
>>52464592

>using daily mail to learn history
>>
>>52464660
>using a prepubescent jew to invent your national dish for you
>>
It was portuguese before it was british desu. And jewish in portugal too.
>>
>national cuisine is actually a mish-mash of imported things
Holy shit! Next you'll tell me tomatoes have nothing to do with Italy! :O :O
>>
Croissants are Austrian
Baguettes were invented by an Austrian immigrant.
Quiche is German
Foie Gras is Ancient Egyptian
Champagne is English
Scotch eggs are English
Haggis is Roman.

Literally nothing in Europe comes from the country it is associated with.
>>
>>52464592

Wtf? My last name is Malin?
>>
>>52466456
Oh and putting milk in tea is French.
>>
>>52466503

Hey genie
>>
>>52466456
>champagne is english
wikipedia link or I call bs
>>
>>52467261
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Champagne#English_influences
>>
>>52466456
It doesn't matter it's not really about where it comes from but who does it best
>>
>>52467409
France on surrender watch
>>
>>52466456
At least we have cheddar cheese
>>
>>52469454
I was triggered until I remembered UK national dish is French
>>
>>52466456
>Baguettes were invented by an Austrian immigrant.

bullshit. So is the rest of it
>>
File: 1421122556460.png (32 KB, 452x295) Image search: [Google]
1421122556460.png
32 KB, 452x295
>>52469567
>National anthem is french too.
Ouch
>>
>>52469567
>>52469655
>fish and chips and god save the queen are french

Dont lie m8s
>>
>>52470040
I'm not talking about fish and chips but about "beef Wellington"
>>
>>52470040
>>52470376

As for the anthem it's complicated but I guess he was talking about this:

>"The French Marquise de Créquy wrote in her book "Souvenirs", that the tune Grand Dieu Sauve Le Roi, was written by Jean-Baptiste Lully[11] in gratitude for the survival by Louis XIV of an anal fistula operation. The surgical knife that was purpose-built for the occasion is on display in the Musée d'histoire de la médecine.[12] Lully set words by Marie de Brinon to music, and Créquy claims the tune was later plagiarised by Handel. Translated in Latin under the name Domine, Salvum Fac Regem, it became the French anthem until 1792.[13] After the Battle of Culloden, the Hanover dynasty supposedly then adopted this melody as the British anthem."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Save_the_Queen#History
>>
>>52470376
Why do you think thats our national dish?

>>52470492
The song (excluding the lyrics of course) is older than 1792 though
>>
>>52470743
>Why do you think thats our national dish?

Because I've seen several British anons claim it as such, as well as some other people in different websites
I'd understand if not everybody thinks so tho, I myself can't pick any for France there are too much

Concerning the anthem my quote was only theories, I don't consider God Saves the Queen to be French
>>
>>52470999
I think 90% of people here would consider either fish n chips or the sunday roast to be our true national dish. Beef wellington isnt eaten anywhere near as often and isnt as iconic. Its amazing when cooked with english mustard though
>>
>>52470376
There's a great video of Gordon Ramsay making Beef Wellington where he says:

>'English mustard. A lot of chefs say to use Dijon mustard, but it's an English dish, why would you use French mustard? Next wrap it in pancetta and filo pastry.'

Was he even listening to himself?
>>
>>52469254
France never really did anything the best. They just wrote a lot of shit down. Similar to how Britain 'invented' so many sports by simply being the first to standardise everything.

The difference is that no one can watch England go out in the group stage and say 'I think they're the best in the world at football' Whereas people can go to a mediocre "French" restaurant and convince themselves it's good.
>>
>>52471138
A pasty is more British than those
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.