[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw an Amerifat or an Eurofaggot tells me they are expats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1398660180800.png (94 KB, 357x357) Image search: [Google]
1398660180800.png
94 KB, 357x357
>mfw an Amerifat or an Eurofaggot tells me they are expats because they dont want to say they are immigrants like the other scum like them

Whats the matter faggots? You dont want to be included in the same group as the Congolombians, Venezuelans and Niggeraguans?
>>
>>52448026
What is expact?
>>
>>52448349
It's a term for calling yourself an immigrant when you don't want to be referred to as an immigrant (short for expatriate)
>>
>>52448371
But what does it mean originally?
>>
>>52448349
it means anyone living outside their own country.
people usually use it to refer to people who are working abroad, like esl teachers and businessmen.
>>
>>52448466
Don't understand what you mean so I'll link you the Wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriate
>>
>>52448349
What an immigrant from USA, Canada or Europe calls itself instead of immigrant because they dont want to be in the same category as dirty Mexicans
>>
>>52448466
The original difference is that immigrant is permanent. You and your children are to assimilate and become part of the country.

An expatriate is supposed to only be here for a while and it's kind of implied he would go back home at some point

"Patria" means "Fatherland" in Latin, or "patrie" in French

One gives up his fatherland, the other one doesn't
>>
>>52448493
>>52448467
So in wiki it is written that expact doesn't have citizenship of country where he is when immigrant may have it. So any expact is imigranr but not any immigrant is expact.
>>
File: 1450664090623.gif (5 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
1450664090623.gif
5 KB, 569x510
>>52448554
Y-yep
>>
>>52448532
Then again, you have immigrants who live on the country since a fucking long time ago, are married with a local, and so on and still refer to themselves as "expats".
>>
>>52448632
well it's their own fault for using the wrong word, not the fault of the concept of expatriation
>>
>>52448554
An expat is an immigrant, usually one who is working. The word is by convention used for whites working abroad, but I couldn't tell you why exactly that is. There's no real difference. Like >>52448532 said, immigrants are usually moving permanently, expats are moving wherever there is work. But they often settle down somewhere and might as well be permanent residents.
>>
>>52448670
Not really

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/mar/13/white-people-expats-immigrants-migration
>>
>>52448026
>Costa Rica
I was in your country for a month and I had over 100 blackouts, what the fuck. You're no better than Nicaragua.
>>
>>52448706
That's just leftist drivel, you can't expect me to read this shit and take it seriously
>>
>>52448745
Baity bait

But yes, considering how we are in charge of the electrification of the Southern half of Nicaragua and the Northern half of Panamá, if something bad happens here they would be affected.
>>
>>52448706
By the way that writer is so full of hate she forgets the point. What she says isn't true in the slightest it's just 50 lines of bitching for personal reasons.

For example someone from a white country going to a white country. We have some famous people who went to the USA and staid there, yes we say they emigrated. And some who just work there for a while, and we call them expatriates.
And yes if a professional African is an expat here, he's an expat and that's what we say, or should say, you never hear it of course since 99% of them are immigrants not expats.

You want to vent about white people, fine whatever, you don't have to pretend words don't mean what they mean in order to do so.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.