[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Christianity in your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
How is Christianity in your country?
>>
>>52443886
1/5 of the population are Christian I believe.
>>
Weird and syncretic
>>
>>52443886
Dead except for immigrants and old people
>>
we sing songs about praising Jesus in giant churches with stereo sound and projectors
>>
>>52443886

Fucking shoved down your throat if you're not living on the coast.

Other than that I think it produces morally and ethically decent people, but it's taken too seriously by a lot of people in the US.
>>
a bunch of heretics
>>
>>52443977

Yeah, I prefer the stuffy and old churches rather than the fake and watered-down mega-churches with pastors in skinny jeans repeating "JEWSUS LOVES U". I especially hate the trophy wives of the people who attend those churches, they're pretty much breeding stock for the former football star good ol'boy turned pot belly alcoholic.
>>
I like jesus, but I dont like the owners of the corporation
>>
Mostly by Koreans and Middle Easterns.
>>
>>52443886
Traditional Protestant churches like the Anglican church and the United Church are dying

Catholicism is doing a little better, though this is at least partially due to immigrants

Evangelical Protestant churches are at least holding steady, I'm not sure if they're growing but they've never been as popular here as they are in the US

Eastern Orthodoxy really only exists in smaller immigrant communities

A lot of people are caught up with the trend towards secularism and whatever, most people don't think that religion is very important.
>>
>>52443886
Great!
>>
shit
t. pagan
>>
>>52443886
Dead apart from blacks
>>
>>52443886
The true faith
>>
>>52443886
Thankfully nearly non-existent

t. Algerian abroad
>>
Black Americans are surprisingly christian. Even the criminal thugs are christfags.
>>
File: 1450203700812.png (966 KB, 694x900) Image search: [Google]
1450203700812.png
966 KB, 694x900
>>52443886
slowly renewing.

real christianity I mean. Catholicism.
>>
Does not exist
>>
I am glad that the evil religion isn't practiced by most japanese.
>>
One of the religion
>>
>Believing in desert sheep herders fairy tales
>>
File: fumi-e.jpg (80 KB, 750x556) Image search: [Google]
fumi-e.jpg
80 KB, 750x556
Kinda dead. But I'm seeing a lot more young people come to church recently. The church is still half empty every Sunday, but I guess it's getting better.

I would say a lot of people are still "culturally Catholic". Most people have their children baptised, get married at church, etc.

>>52448556
Well, it could have been practiced a lot more if you didn't genocide the fuck out of your Christians.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.