[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do they think of the American Wild West in Europe? thr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: showdown.png (908 KB, 706x451) Image search: [Google]
showdown.png
908 KB, 706x451
What do they think of the American Wild West in Europe?

thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
>>
Most of the cowboys were black
>>
Excellent song choice

Wild west is a classic source of adventure/hardy characters and grey area with law and order.

Realistically I think most know how shit it would have been to live then and there, but nonetheless anyone older than beiber generation are gonna have a fairly romanticised view of it from film.
>>
File: 43243242.jpg (52 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
43243242.jpg
52 KB, 560x330
>>52443230
got any proof to back that shit up partner?
>>
>not this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J84FPJAb7rM
>>
File: maureen.jpg (69 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
maureen.jpg
69 KB, 1280x544
>>52443327
FAFDM is underrated when discussing the trilogy. But TGTBATU gets better every watch imo

My GOAT is still Once Upon in the West

>>52443318
Kinda want to get into other westerns that aren't by Sergio, but I had trouble enjoying Unforgiven by Clint.
>>
>>52443230
WE WUZ COWBOYZ AN SHIT
>>
i personally grew up watching stuff about clint eastwood, sheriffs, wooden saloons, etc

doubt anyone else had any interest..
there's a saying here literally meaning 'cowboy place', and its used to refer to a very rough place that lacks rules enforcement.. that's it
>>
WARM
>>
>>52443327
Always loved this song. Thank You Based Italy

I've always wondered why an Italian made so many American Westerns
>>
>>52443480
He is not lieing. most cowboys were black, Native American, and Mexican
>>
>>52443397
best western scene ever TBRHWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg
>>
>>52443548
Yes but "cowboys" as they are depicted in movies are not the "cowboys" that actually existed
>>
>>52443397
man unforgiven is fantastic

give high plains drifter a shot though

also if you like 12 angry men you should watch the ox-bow incident
>>
>>52443574
This guy inspired lone ranger https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves
>>
File: Buffalo_soldiers1.jpg (277 KB, 1920x991) Image search: [Google]
Buffalo_soldiers1.jpg
277 KB, 1920x991
>>52443318
The buffalo soldiers were black cowboys
>>
>>52443626
I keep forgetting I need to watch High Plains Drifter, thanks America!
>>
>>52443212
CHOON

People know the old cowboy films and think Clint Eastwood was a sound lad that is about it desu.
>>
>>52443529
thats france you color blind retard
>>
>>52443529
Well, I can't think about a better symbiosis between movie and score than the Leone + Morricone association, ever. Both parts drive and reinforce each others so perfectly it's unreal. You just can't imagine one without the other.
>>
>>52443717

That's what one Calvary unit
>>
>>52443212
I absolutely love it. Hell why aren't there more Western movies and videogames being produced today? It's part of why I have a great interest in American history.
>>
>>52443798
he's talking about the movie which is was made in italy you mongoloid
>>
People love it over here. Well, at least the guys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyu3OIn5A00

;_;7
>>
The respectable folk were cattlemen, ranchers, farmers, and those who worked for them.
"Cowboy" was a derogatory term used for unemployed drifters and other scum.
>>
Could someone tell me a authentic american gunslinger of the Old West ?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.