[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying any of this makes sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: wewlad.png (439 KB, 2000x1625) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
439 KB, 2000x1625
>implying any of this makes sense
>>
>>52438910
Makes perfect sense desu. Maybe you just a thick bastard
>>
the only thing I doon't understand is the difference between british isles and british islands, I thought isles and islands, was the same thing.
>>
it makes perfect sense you dumb yank
>>
yeah but isnt northern ireland part of """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""Great""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Britain?
>>
>>52439175
no
>>
where's the problem
>>
>>52439175
holy shit youre dumb
>>
>>52438910

The main landmass is Greater Britain
Add NI you get UK
The rest are British Isles

Whats so hard to understand?
>>
>>52438910
how can Northern Ireland be both part of Ireland (island) and British Islands?
>>
>>52438910
What happens in
>Isle of Man
>Guernsey
>Jersey
?
>>
>>52439175
Great Britain is the Island, not the country
Northern Ireland is part of the Island of Ireland, but part of United Kingdom.
just look at the fucking graph
>>
>>52439175
Great britian is more of a geographic term
>>
>>52439175

Britain is the name for the landmass, like Siberia is the name for a landmass, or the Americas. Once Scotland was brought under the crown it went from just Britain to "Great Britain"
>>
>>52438910

You're right, it should all be in the United Kingdom bubble.
>>
>>52439269
>Isle of Man
Sheeping and Racing
>Guernsey
Dunno lol
>Jersey
Tax evasion
>>
>>52439120
The isle of man, Guernsey and Jersey are a bit weird. Their supposedly not part of the UK and independent but they still rely on us for defense and foreign policy, their still part of the Queen's dominion and their kids still go to ours universities and that.
Ireland is part of the British isles but separated from the UK and its monarchy

tl:dr
>British islands: a political distinction, is it part of Britain
>British Isles: a geographical term for all the islands
>>
British Isles is the geographic designation, British Islands is a term the UK uses to reference the area they have control over.

That's kind of retarded.
>>
File: 1440372708444.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1440372708444.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>52439175
>>
>>52438910
I always wondered who was or is that Man that holds the Isle of Man
>>
>>52439269

They're all Crown Dependencies, and Jersey is where all the freaks like Islamic extremists and pedophiles come from.

That's the extent of my knowledge.
>>
>>52439368
>'The united states of America'
>Is only one of 35 states in America
>>
File: Commuter-Rail-for-Web2.jpg (397 KB, 1156x1200) Image search: [Google]
Commuter-Rail-for-Web2.jpg
397 KB, 1156x1200
UK = England

England is the only part of the UK that matters. It's the part of the UK with the largest population and most power, both historically and currently.

Remembering that Wales, Scotland, or NI exist and are distinct form England is honestly a waste of precious time. It's a nice-to-have, really; but if you'd rather spend your time doing something important, that's perfectly fine, too.
>>
what about the cornish
>>
>>52439506
part of England
>>
>>52439519
why are you guys oppressing them?
>>
>>52439468
America = United States

The United States is the only part of America that matters. It's the part of America with the largest population and most power, both historically and currently.

Remembering that Canada, Greenland, Antigua Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadelupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Netherland Antilles, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts & Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela exist and are distinct from the United States is honestly a waste of precious time. It's a nice-to-have, really; but if you'd rather spend your time doing something important, that's perfectly fine, too.
>>
>>52439598
I'm not English m8, wasn't me
>>
>>52439260
this is the only part of the chart that doesnt make sense

everything else seems pretty intuitive if you follow it up historically

Though im pretty sure great britain is what britain called itself after it (britain, which was england+wales) also conquered scotland

then great britain conquered ireland and became the united kingdom

Did it conquer all of ireland at some point and then the south told them to piss off? Or did it only ever own the north?

Well, either way, it makes sense.
>>
>>52439468
False equivalence Hans.

If we had some designation like "United Nations of the Americas" that included all countries on both continents, then what you said would make sense.

The point of confusion is British Isles being different from British Islands. Isle and Island are synonymous.
>>
>>52439601
Stop being a faggot and just kill the meme once and for all. America means the country in nowadays English language, while the Americas refers to the whole continent. North America and South America are just remnants of past centuries.
>>
>>52439721
except north america and south america makes more sense than americas
>>
>>52439468
But we are the only collection of united states within america. If any of those other slackers ever teamed up we would probably just go by our real name, columbia.

Or we would just destabilize them so we could keep our name :^)
>>
>>52439743
Talking about sense in a naturally evolved language is retarded m8
>>
File: 1347039515977.gif (704 KB, 202x170) Image search: [Google]
1347039515977.gif
704 KB, 202x170
>""british" "isles""
>>
>>52439706
>also conquered scotland
That's not what happened, the Scottish king inherited the English throne and united them

>then great britain conquered ireland and became the united kingdom
yes

>Did it conquer all of ireland at some point and then the south told them to piss off?
yes
>>
>>52438910
>"""""""""""""""british""""""""""""""" isles
what is this meme
they are the celto-saxon isles
and its not """""""""""""""great""""""""""""""" britain, it's albion. britain is the land inhabited by brythons (that is, wales, cornwall and brittany)
>>
>>52439721
Wait, are you telling me that when somebody says "He is American," you don't then ask them if they mean that he's from Canada, Greenland, Antigua Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadelupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Netherland Antilles, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts & Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, or Venezuela? How do you avoid this utter confusion?
>>
>'''''''''''brih-un'''''''''''''''
>>
>>52439832
You forgot the Falklands
>>
>>52439832
Because people are used to Americans calling themselves so, and news and media referring to your people as "US-Americans" doesn't help getting the colloquial "American" away either. Anyone who is from a country other than the US won't ever refer to his continent, like no one in the world does. There won't be any confusion tbqh
>>
>>52439793
"no"
scotland, after trying to colonize panama, became bankrupt. in exchange for shekels, the scottish nobility voted to unite with england uniting albion in the most illogical way possible and paving the way to """""""""""unite"""""""""""" with ireland despite not even being part of the same island
>>
>>52439904
But you're literally oppressing South Americans when you do this
>>
>>52439864
thats part of argentina though
>>
>>52439933
the union of the crowns happened a century before that you fool
>>
>>52439946
m8 I already knew you were shitposting in your last post, there's no need to fall into reddit tier bait now
>>
>>52439983
obviously im talking about the act of union tard
it wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for panama
>>
>>52439707
So 'United States of Northern America between Canada and Mexico, additonal Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Salmon Islands etc.'?

Because America is the name of the countinent and you took it to describe your name, just as England took Great Britain after it annexed Wales and Scotland.
>>
>>52440046
Scots would've fucked up sooner or later anyway
>>
>>52440218
completely retarded statement
>>
>>52440175
We are the only collection of united states in america.

Its like how the united nations is THE united nations, even though not every nation is a member.
>>
>>52438910
why are amerians so dumb on this board
>>
>>52440491
polak heritage
>>
>>52440741
twice as long history as yours
>>
>>52438910
We just call them all england
>>
>>52439175
No it's part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
>>
>>52439269
>Man
Death race
>Gurnsey
Good question
>Jersey
The Unbaitable One.

I wonder if he got detained again. I know he got off on probation due to his autism.
>>
>>52438910
>British Isles
>British Islands

This triggers me to be honest
>>
File: _20151221_041836.jpg (107 KB, 720x909) Image search: [Google]
_20151221_041836.jpg
107 KB, 720x909
>>52443874
I'll trigger you you fucking kike
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.