[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civic Pride Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: fag_marriage_lol.png (1 MB, 1793x1849) Image search: [Google]
fag_marriage_lol.png
1 MB, 1793x1849
>you are a city
>How much Civic Pride does your city have?

>Chicago
>The very definition of Civic Narcissism, we are the best city in the goddamn universe, and the sun shines out of the South Side's asshole

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1448420652368.png (128 KB, 237x218) Image search: [Google]
1448420652368.png
128 KB, 237x218
>>52438906
>Civic pride
>Pride in something you have no control over
>>
>>52438906
i hate chicago personally
t. lives in shitcongo
>>
File: 1415817843532.jpg (20 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1415817843532.jpg
20 KB, 453x453
>>52438906
wut
>>
>>52438906
>and the sun shines out of the South Side's asshole
As a Chicagoan the only thing worse than Chicago politics and corruption is the south side of Chicago
>>
>>52439796
Exactly the point of the metaphor - the South Side is Chicago's asshole, and the sun is shining out of the asshole's asshole.
>>
>New York City

only poorshits hate the city.

everybody else has tons of pride in their city.
>>
>>52439796
South side fag here,
Fuck you
>>
>>52439327
pride is what makes something great. Look at the nazis, they had a shit economy and almost conquered the world fueled only on smugness. They literally had no fuel and had to logistics with donkeys but they still did great.

We should all be more like the nazis.
>>
>>52439955
/int/: the post
>>
Buenos aires has no civic pride simply because we have nothing to compare ourselves to. We are the country's only mayor city
>>
>>52439955
>They literally had no fuel
They had coal which they synthesized into fuel since they didn't have oil
>>
File: 1448193077343.jpg (16 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1448193077343.jpg
16 KB, 237x250
>Louisville
>tfw irrelevent
>>
>>52439955
I have pride in myself and my work because they're my personal accomplishments, I don't understand why people are so adamant to have "pride" about the place their mother shit them out or the place they moved to.
>>
what's the point of taking the flag of progressiveness if one couldn't possibly beat Sweden or UK? no matter how hard you try those two would outclass anybody by far in that area.
>>
>>52441399
Because thats how you improve it.
Everyone should think they are the best.

Let me tell you a story, a story about napoleon. While his army was traveling, napoleon would set up camp on the side of the road they marched down. Every time some troops would march be, he would come out of his tent and stop them and give a little speech about how great and amazing they were. Then he would take a medal off his own chest, and pin it on to one of the soldiers, and send them off.

Then he would go back into his tent. Replace the medal with a new one, and wait for the next group of soldiers to come by.

He did this because he understood something important. If you tell someone they are great, they will try to live up to that expectation, they will become better.

Foster pride in something, and its people will improve it. So for a better world, everyone must feel proud of their country, their city, their community, whatever group they belong to, every group they belong to! Make it better through belief that it is best!
>>
New Orleans
I've been told that when you go abroad you should say "I'm from New Orleans" instead of "I'm American" as if people are going to care about what bullshit "muh culture" shit you tell them to prove that you're not one of the "bad Americans"
Fucking hate this place and the people who think they are somehow culturally enriched because they listen to "live, local, jazz music"
Any "New Orleans" event like a parade or second line is like 150 black guys playing jazz music while old white people in Hawaiian shirts dance awkwardly
So ya there is a lot of civic pride for this shithole
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.