[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people do this in you're a cunt tree? This is the traditional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_37951.jpg (130 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37951.jpg
130 KB, 600x687
Do people do this in you're a cunt tree?

This is the traditional way to drink coffee in Sweden. Rather than waiting for the beverage to cool, the coffee is poured onto the saucer, it cools more quickly and is then sipped. If taken with sugar, the cube is placed between the lips or between the front teeth as in pic related, the coffee is then strained over the cube, sweetening each sip.
>>
>sweet coffee

shig
>>
>>52435
I've never seen something like that. Just regular mugs.
>>
>>52435807

I don't take sugar myself, most people don't. Still drink it in the fashion described in OP though.
>>
yeah if ur like 150
>>
>>52435867

Helsinkin homo need not apply ITT, same goes for Cuckholmers.
>>
>>52435949
i'm not a helsinki city boy tho
>>
>>52435729
Poor Russians used to do this according to Dostoevsky
>>
I've seen old people put a sugar cube in their mouth and drink the spillage from the plate but thats it.

I think there's something wrong with Swedes
>>
the fuck? just grab a reg flavored large iced coffee from McDonalds, no need to do all that shit. lmaoing at your life senpai
>>
>>52436156

1, Iced "coffee" tastes like shit

2, Everything at MickeyDs tastes like shit

3, There are no MickeyDs anywhere near me since the entire branch of the franchise went under here as they were outcompeted by local alternatives

Cultural imperialist pls go
>>
>>52435843
>>52435867
>>52436032
>>52436052
>>52436156
Those who do this claim that it releases the flavors and aromas of the coffee better, they also slurp it quite loudly for this reason (which is also why it's rarely done in public in cafés etc, but is ok at home)
>>
>>52435258
Such an obvious bait.
>>
>>52435729
What's wrong with using a cup?
>>
>>52436328

I think the original reason was that you don't want to wait for it to cool and you didn't want to waste expensive/precious milk in it. Now it's just traditional etc... kinda like how we don't need to eat rotten fish to survive anymore but we still do.
>>
>>52436303
according to the footnotes in P&V it was because this method allowed you to save on sugar.
>>
>>52436590

Yeah, this is probably part of the original reason, see >>52436497 as well.
>>
>>52435729
>Rather than waiting for the beverage to cool, the coffee is poured onto the saucer
Why don't they just take the water off the boil before it's too hot to drink or just add milk until it's the right temperature? s/m/h desu senpai
>>
>>52435729
This is so not bait.
>>
>>52438609

>take the water off the boil before it's too hot to drink

Because then the coffee becomes shitty and weak.

>just add milk until it's the right temperature?

Most people don't like milk in their coffee, see above.

>>52438715

You'd think it was, but no, this is a real thing. More common in rural areas though, like everything else traditional/old fashioned.
>>
They do this in Denmark as well, my relatives showed this to me a few years ago.

Well, the saucer thing. I'm not sure about the "sugar cube in the mouth".

Personally, I just drink black coffee from a cup. Maybe with a small amount of milk, but usually not. Never sugar.
>>
>>52435729
Yup. It's very common, especially among older people or lower class people
>>
>>52436497
Well then, enjoy your cup of poverty Joe
>>
ok, this is pretty retarded, but why stop there? why not drink coffee from your hand? or just kill yourself?
>do people in your country drink from flat dishes
yeah, we also eat meat and stuff from cups, because you know, it makes sense and all..
>>
>>52435729
literally coffee spilled on saucer sugar cube in-between teeth retarded.

actually dumb.
>>
Coffee tastes like shit without sugar
>>
>>52444309
Diabeeeeeeetuss
>>
File: 1316215778797.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1316215778797.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>52435729
We usually use dinner plates instead of saucers in my house, but the idea is the same.
>>
>>52444309
>the city of Fructoville, America
>>
>>52435729
Interesting. I should try doing that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.