[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Russia so weak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1376683850069.png (3 MB, 1610x1293) Image search: [Google]
1376683850069.png
3 MB, 1610x1293
Why is Russia so weak?
>>
>>52423281
I dunno, maybe because you judge by pics of abandoned military sites
>>
>>52423326
this
>>
>>52423281
The Soviet Union was the 2nd world superpower and the 2nd largest economy on earth. After the dissolution, Russia economy became smaller than Colombia's economy.

Abandoning this stuff was the best decision. There was no place for mass production and gigantic military anymore.
>>
>>52423326
>Turkey shoots down plane
>pussy out Obama-style making empty threats and damaging your own economy in the process
>>
>>52423281
>Introduced new AK 12
>Introduced new Armata tank
>SU T50 the only legitimate and real 5th gen
>S-500 Airdefence system nearly here
>Liner ICBM ready
>Borei class nuclear submarines
>Iskander class TBM
Wut you saying?
>>
>>52423458
Dude, politics is complicated. Neither you, nor I do know everything. Maybe Putin is really a chick, maybe it's worth it. Anyways, whatever he does is better than an open war, since fuck war.
>>
>BOOPY
>>
>>52423459
> only few experimental
> only few experimental
> only few experimental
>only few experimental
>only few experimental

try harder commie
>>
>>52423459
Only slavaboos would believe that the Armata tank is much more advanced than any other modern main battle tank used by NATO. Good luck churning around that tank in significant numbers like the other previous production MBTs.
>>
>>52423681
>Liner
>Borei
>Iskander
>Only few experimental
Hohol is mad again.
>>
>>52423970
It's basic platform, retard. It's simple reincarnation of T34, which was simple toaster for army. And they toasted United Nazi Europe with it. See, unlike US or European forces, they actually plan to war if shit goes down instead creating visibility of war.
>>
File: 569033.jpg (4 MB, 6144x4030) Image search: [Google]
569033.jpg
4 MB, 6144x4030
>>52423681
Try harder to keep your country in one piece Dyadko.
>>
>>52423281
Because the only things Russian "soldiers" know how to do is burn their own cities in advance of the enemy invasion and wait for winter, attack in much larger numbers and lose the war, and invade other countries' airspace and bawww when they get shot down.
>>
>>52423459
Don't forget
>RS-28 Sarmat
>>
>>52423458
Well what would you do? How does this hurt Russia more than Turkey? Look at thr Turkish Lira and stock market since they shot the Russisn down. They lose $15 billion in tourism because of this, and more in exports.

Russia loses some contracts and food prices go higher.

Turkey's Sultan got mad that his masterplan of Nusra and ISIS overthrowing Assad is being ruined by Russia.

If Russia went to war NATO would intervene, Assad would be gone, and Iran would have no reason to support Russia.
>>
>>52424616
And how about your own?

There is no definitive proof from neutral nations that the Russian crossed the airspace, and since he was shot down 6 miles into Syria I somehow doubt he did.
>>
Because it was strong as long as SU could leech off Poland. Now they show true self.
>>
>>52424616
That's funny to me that russians never get shit for having won two major wars by retreating and letting their shit weather kill the enemy.
>>
Its glory days are well behind
>>
>>52423653
this caught me off-guard for some reason
>>
>>52423281
RUSSIA STRONK
>>
File: GDP_of_Russia_since_1989.svg.png (124 KB, 1280x735) Image search: [Google]
GDP_of_Russia_since_1989.svg.png
124 KB, 1280x735
Shock therapy killed my grandparents btw
>>
>>52426929
Strategically Russia's biggest advantage is its size, so attrition is their best defense. The sole reason that Russia expanded so much as it did is to have somewhere to fall back in case a western army invades the relatively defenceless western portion. Surely enough this has worked out very well on multiple occasions. Burning down Moscow so that Napoleon couldn't loot took more dedication to winning the war than the French can even comprehend.
>>
File: 1394075680406s.jpg (11 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1394075680406s.jpg
11 KB, 250x247
>>52424276
> 2 units crashed in one year
> 31 units crashed without any combat situations
> 208 total dead
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.