[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is your country free enough to produce its own Champagne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
Is your country free enough to produce its own Champagne?
>>
>>52420517
>produce its own Champagne
NO
IT'S NOT CHAMPAGNE IF ITS NOT FROM CHAMPAGNE
>>
>>52420572
t. alberto barbosa
>>
File: ShockBlast_zarb_champagne_31.jpg (69 KB, 713x541) Image search: [Google]
ShockBlast_zarb_champagne_31.jpg
69 KB, 713x541
yes but its probably shit
>>
>>52420572

another peasant under the french yoke
>>
>>52420622

those bottles are freaking me out man
>>
>>52420572
This is a point totally beyond American understanding of the world.
>>
Out of what? Moss?
>>
>>52420704
Oh dear god my sides
>>
>>52420572
It is not negro if it is not from Africa.
>>
>>52420705

why not?

you make bread out of it, right?
>>
>>52420704

what a typical Frenchman
>>
>>52420776
That's a shit Analogy. The beverage is called Champagne because it's from Champagne. You Call Negro a Negro because of the Colour of his skin,not the place where he's from.
>>
>>52420517
>Rogét
They put an accent on the "é" for marketing reasons, it is incorrect to put an accent on a 'e' before a final 't'
>>
>american microchampagneries wanted to produce champagne
>our producers are pissed off
>cucked into making le american champagne or le californian champagne
>>
I don't agree with snobby ass frenchies easily but in this case I do. EU should just lift any and all protection for Disney, Apple and a few other trademarks. Bullshit would be over in a week.,
>>
>>52420900
You can't call me a barbarian if I'm not a foreigner from Greek and do not speak a Celtic tongue.

leave barbosa
>>
There are almost certainly better tasting bubbling wines made in other parts of the world than the stuff made in the Champagne region of France and they are the same as Champagne in almost every single way except they weren't made in the region, so they aren't Champagne.

Sorry, I'm sure you Americans thought champagne was a grape or the name of a mystical hero legend you read on the back of the happy meal boxes but unfortunately it's a region in France, ask a nearby ""expert"" to help you navigate the world map.
>>
File: 1404038481178.gif (383 KB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
1404038481178.gif
383 KB, 960x408
>My face when I come from the Brie region
>My poor face when I have travelled and tried north american and australian "Brie"
>Mad, mad world
>>
>>52420623
>United Statesian
>Talking shit about a Country having a yoke
>>
We're also free enough to make Cheddar cheese without actually being in Cheddar
>>
>>52421249
>a mystical hero legend you read on the back of the happy meal boxe
>>
>>52421540

cheddar is a type of cheese though, what else would you call it
>>
>>52421540

> American talking about producing cheese

Using your plastic immitation cheese as an argument for manufacturing fake Champagne is really a bad idea.
>>
>>52421276

that's one strange cheese
>>
>>52421729
But American champagne is universally recognized as being better than French "champagne".
>>
File: soviet.jpg (83 KB, 451x246) Image search: [Google]
soviet.jpg
83 KB, 451x246
>>52420517
Yes, we won some prize during Soviet times in France and some producer can call it actually shampagne.
>>
>>52421729

you should take that attitude with you to Wisconsin
>>
>>52421810
but it's not champagne, it's very good bubbling wine.
>>
Nice, collection of Chateau Walmart '14's you have there.
>>
>>52421883

ha ha, that's pretty darn funny dyke boy
>>
File: purge.jpg (40 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
purge.jpg
40 KB, 600x375
When Trump is elected he has vowed to make Europe pay royalties for using the terms champagne, parmesan, cheddar, etc.
>>
>>52422012

>yuropoors will believe this
>>
>>52422012
I don't believe it.
>>
What I find interesting is if you guys think or at least the consumers think that the quality is better than actual champagne why do you continue to market it as such?

Why not brand it as something actually American instead of stealing a name which doesn't even reflect what the consumer is drinking?

Why not be proud of what you've created? I dunno call it freedom fizz or whatever the fuck. Surely your superior product is debased by calling it what you all deem to be inferior.
>>
File: Kraft-100-Parm-q50.jpg (211 KB, 1760x860) Image search: [Google]
Kraft-100-Parm-q50.jpg
211 KB, 1760x860
>fromage rape
you got that right fuckboi
>>
>>52422165

what if there was a place called soda, or pop, where pop was from? would we be forced to call it carbonated beverage instead?
>>
>>52422165
I actually work in marketing so I'll explain:

American products are sold globally and to put it bluntly he average European is not sophisticated enough to realize that Freedom Fizz is a high-quality version of their local speciality.

So we use the obsolete Euro names in order to "dumb it down" for the average European consumer.
>>
>>52422285

Well I'd go as far to say that it's protecting the producer and the quality.

Just like you can't immitate disney products and call them as such.

There are laws regarding this. Any new sparkling wine produced in USA after 2006 can't be called champagne and those before may continue so long as it's marked as made in USA. I just don't get why.

Fancy asking the original question?
>>
File: 1449711053214.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
1449711053214.gif
1 MB, 680x849
>>52422183
>Americans literally putting rape cheese on their spaghetti and meatballs
>>
File: pucked.jpg (3 MB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
pucked.jpg
3 MB, 2400x3600
>>52421820
I fucking love this shit. Gives you a hell of a hangover and some epic farts but it's like 3$ at the Lidl so fuggit
>>
>>52422322

It couldn't possibly be that the average American drinks by name instead of taste?

I can assure you that in most wine wine selling premises in europe you will find a champagne section with zero non champagne champagnes. Maybe in the UK or northern countries where wine is less well known but certainly not in the med countries or France. There will certainly be good quality American wine and sparkling wine but would be in a seperate section.

We aren't as undeducated about our produce as you might think, no need to be arrogant.
>>
>>52422322
>I actually work in marketing so I'll explain:

You're satan's spawn, we understand.
>>
>>52422553
They sell "SOVIET champagne" in America?
>>
>>52423210
only in very select places, ethnic groceries and whatnot. You can find it with some looking tho.
>>
>>52420517
Not this time
Enjoy the alcoholic soda you call "Champagne"
>>
SPARKLING WINE, PLEASE!
>>
>>52423907
>>52421820
In Russia it is exactly Champagne. We have permission.
>>
>>52420517
We do but because we don't want to upset the Frenchies we call it Sekt.

Only women and fags drink more than a glass of that stuff at one occasion.
>>
>>52422553
You have Lidl in the US?
>>
>>52424627

nahh it's by law :^).

I was actually in the treaty of Versailles that you lads can't call it Champagne
>>
>>52422165

Champagne is basically a generic term for sparkling wine in the US.

Much like someone might use Band-Aid (a brand) for adhesive bandwage.

A large portion of Americans don't even know there's a Champagne region in France. Nobody is trying to ride on your coat tails.

It's just typical French snobbery, you don't see the Danes getting autistic about Danishes, do you?
>>
>>52424948
>A large portion of Americans
heh
>>
>>52424948

>It's just typical French snobbery

I don't think it's snobbery at all. There are a lot of facets about old world wine making that are very snobbish but by protecting a region's brand it's not saying that other stuff made elsewhere is bad it just means it isn't the original.

I'm not having a go about your quality, more your brazen trickery.
>>
>>52424948
>Champagne is basically a generic term for sparkling wine in the US.
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>52425173
no need to freak out, American have to dumb it enough for marketing purpose otherwise no one would even buy their shit.
>>
>>52424948

> Nobody is trying to ride on your coat tails.

> Using a name because it's well known and will therefore help sales

Hang on lad, how'd you fathom that?
>>
>>52426106

that's because champagne is champagne genius
>>
>>52426317

> Nobody is trying to ride on your coat tails.
>your
> ours because champagne is only chapagne if made in Champagne

> that's because champagne is champagne genius

> yeah so the stuff made in America isn't champagne but is using the name because of the prestige of it and therefore riding on our coat tails.

What are you not getting?
>>
>>52420517
Man, true Champagne have a REALLY particular taste, even in areas close to 20km to Champagne region the flavor will be very different.

If they protect the name from "robbery" is just to not mistaken the customers on what they buy, I would be REALLY pissed if i drank a Crémant pretending to be a tasty old champ.

Imagine the states producing alcohool freely for 2500 years, and the name of the alcohool would not be whiskey, bourbon etc but California, Florida, Texas. Different grounds producing different grapes, producing different tastes well known during centuries.

Then, a chinese monk come and produce his own California wine, and say hey it's da same anyway...
>>
>>52420517
Spumante > Champagne
>>
>>52426845

>Then, a chinese monk come and produce his own California wine, and say hey it's da same anyway...

Sure, why not? They do it anyway (PBR is marketed as a fancy fizzy alcohol over there ffs). That's the thing you Euros don't get about the United States - we don't give a fuck about your traditions.
>>
>>52426845

>Imagine the states producing alcohool freely for 2500 years, and the name of the alcohool would not be whiskey, bourbon etc but California, Florida, Texas. Different grounds producing different grapes, producing different tastes well known during centuries.

>Then, a chinese monk come and produce his own California wine, and say hey it's da same anyway...

This.
>>
>>52426992

> That's the thing you Euros don't get about the United States - we don't give a fuck about your traditions.

If this was allowed to continue ( which it thankfully isn't due to law) the name would be de valued to he point where it'd be equal to going and buying American "cheese"
>>
>>52421729
I mean we do make stuff that isn't kraft singles. We can actually make some world class cheese, but that is beyond understanding to your narrow french "brain"
>>
>>52426992
So i can call a coke a pepsi?
>>
>>52427151

Good. We don't care about your names. If you want your fancy regional cuisine memes protected, negotiate a trade deal with the US government.
>>
>>52427160

> but that is beyond understanding to your narrow french "brain"

Not really. We just don't import it because Europe already has fantastic stuff. The Uk makes some amazing cheese, for example.

The whole "lack of tradition" mantra and the way you guys carry on makes us a little suspicious of American produce.

I personally have enjoyed a lot of your wines, much like other new world areas and i'll continue to do so. It's just a shame to see certain brands lying to the customer by calling a product something it clearly isn't.

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you or has another opinion it doesn't mean you can call them narrow minded or arrogant. These memes are dry
>>
>>52427307

>Good. We don't care about your names

Then why make Brie and Champagne :^)?

> negotiate a trade deal with the US government

There are laws in place.

The fact is you do care about the names otherwise you wouldn't bother using them. The fact that they are called something they aren't obviously helps with sales.
>>
>>52424830
The Treaty of Versailles also said we can't have tanks. Didn't last for every long, did it?
>>
>>52426992
DRAGON BALL tenneZ
>>
>>52427518
They are just too lazy to promote they own wine.
And those are the same complaining of chinese faking Iphones.
>>
>>52427214
Southerners already do the opposite, actually
http://thefw.com/soda-pop-coke-map/
>>
>>52420517
I'm fairly certain this a joke. If so, I applaud you: absolutely hilarious.
If not, please learn what Champagne is - or halt your production of cheap, surrogate 'champagne' (aka white wine).
>>
Sure. Lots of this stuff. It is cheap, and mostly consist of ethanol and chemical flavors. Good stuff. A month ago, producers added instead of ethyl - methyl, and some men died, but whatever.
>>
>>52427824
Read the thread m8
"Champagne" = "Kleenex"
Name of origin once represented a single product but it become so ubiquitous that the name has come to encompass all products of the same purpose
>>
>>52427607

Sure, those laws have since changed. The treaty of Versailles is no longer the active legislation stopping you lads from calling your product what it isn't but it was the first to start it.

Lieb sein, Hans. Ich liebe deutschen Wein
>>
>>52427915
Who calls tissues, Kleenex?
Perhaps it's just you Yanks who do so.

>>52427607
Well you don't anymore, do you? You don't want to be seen as the 'Big, Bad, Nazi' again?
>>
>>52420517
spumante>>>champagne
>>
>>52427426
I mean it's rather narrow minded to say that all American cheese is crappy imitation plastic
>>
>>52427985
>stopping you lads from calling your product what it isn't
Champagne from Champagne is now just another kind of Champagne my friend
>>
File: liz-truss-2.jpg (373 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
liz-truss-2.jpg
373 KB, 2048x1536
>>52427426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wkO4hk07o

We import 2/3rd of our cheese... What a disgrace!
>>
Good thread OP, it really triggered the Frenchies
>>
>>52428077

Tbh it was a meme but the point stands when it comes to europe, there isn't really going to be a market for American cheese even if it is good. Not because we are arrogant or closed minded but because there is already such variety.

>>52428097
which is a shame because you lads are destroying the quality of the name. For ever great fake champagne produced in america there will be 100 that are sub par

>>52428208
Shame m8, I really enjoy the cheeses from the UK. Stilton and mature Cornish cheddar are fucking wonders
>>
File: champagne.jpg (37 KB, 481x500) Image search: [Google]
champagne.jpg
37 KB, 481x500
>>52420517
It ain't from there, it ain't champagne.
Find your own fucking appellations.
>>
>>52428371
Keep making great Champagne in Champagne and it won't matter if there's a lot of cheap Champagne in the US. People that want to guzzle sparkling white wine in the US will continue to do so, and people who care about flavor in the US will continue to buy Champagne from Champagne even though mass-produced alternatives are available. People who don't give a shit were never going to buy Champagne Champagne anyways and there's not enough energy available to get Champagne renamed to "US produced Sparkling White Wine". Things just evolved this way
>>
>>52428689
thankfully new sparkling wines cannot be called Champagne anymore
>>
>>52428804
I wish you were sitting next to me watching our Christmas tree sparkle by the bay window :3
>>
>>52428987

That's sweet :3

I-I'd like that

>tfw no christmas decorations or tree this year
>>
>>52420517
I don't think so, I never heard of it.
>>
We make our own sparkling wine but we aren't dumb amerilards to call it champagne I'm sorry.
>>
>>52420517
literally chink tier
>>
>>52429353
>being cuckt by the french
NAPOLEON'S ITCH
>>
>>52429353
I know right.

BTW I just bought some sweet 100% French-made Serrano ham.
>>
>>52429444
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugement_de_Paris_%28vin%29
>>
File: Rhein Extra.jpg (803 KB, 2160x1620) Image search: [Google]
Rhein Extra.jpg
803 KB, 2160x1620
>>52420517
yes
It's called Rhein nowadays but it's still made in the traditional champeignoise method with manual turning of the bottle etc.
We never heard of it or got to taste it because all of it went to export, 1 million bottles a year just in the USSR
Please buy, I need money for heating bills.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 550x367
>>52421678

It's a town in England that makes cheese that the mature by storing in the moist dark caves of the nearby Cheddar cheese.

You could name it literally anything. You could name it after the town where YOU made it, so that if you got good people could seek it out by name.
>>
>>52429562
Bravo you managed to fly as high as us.

Chink
>>
>>52429701

*nearby cheddar gorge
>>
>>52429458
Considering you use the word champagne as a generic term I would say you're the ones getting kuked.

>>52429479
Serrano is a variety, not a region. Call it iberico and you would unironically trigger me sempai
>>
>>52429885

saracen
>>
america really is the trashcan of europe
>>
File: szigeti7cpb.jpg (15 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
szigeti7cpb.jpg
15 KB, 398x398
>>52420517
No, but we make make some pretty good sparkling wine.
>>
>>52427915
>Name of origin once represented a single product but it become so ubiquitous that the name has come to encompass all products of the same purpose

But everyone just calls the product sparkling wine and knows that there are different kinds. Champagne is not a general term or sparkling wine, the closest thing you'll get to that is prosecco which is used to refer to all Italian sparkling wines here.
>>
>>52430274

you're telling me that french champagne is trash?
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.