[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
What happens here?
>>
Least populated region of the USA excluding Alaska, whitest region of the USA and it's also the region with the harshest winters in the entire contiguous united states of america.
Despite all of this, I would rater live there than in this disgusting country where I have to live.
>>
>>52420070
It's a bunch of flyover states.
Who cares lmao
>>
>>52420070
German immigrants, natural parks, anti-American right wing militias, neo nazi groups, native American reservations

>>52421549
New England is the whitest. The area in his circle actually has several big Native American reservations

Pic related, you can see them here quite obviously
>>
Flat lands, mountains, Indians, alcoholics, survivalists, and white supremacists
>>
>>52420070
High whiteness, low crime, boring, not much controversy, not much political power, not much cultural influence on the rest of the country.

Guns, ranches, beautiful scenery, open roads
>>
>>52421697
>anti-American right wing militias
What? What are they like? Are they terrorists?
>>
>>52422464
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Shit like that inspired McVeigh to blow up the FBI building
>>
>>52422542
Oh. Shit like that is really more anti-federalist than anti-American IMO.
>>
North and South Dakota have shit and depressing scenery, horrifically cold winters.
Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming have god-tier mountain scenery, less shit winters but still shit.

Lots and lots of white people, some native americans too. People are racist to Muslims and blacks.

t. Born and raised in Idaho as a the only brown fella around for hundreds of miles
>>
>>52422656
Yeah, it's basically movements that criticize federal government and shit. Mostly, they're all about state pride and state's rights. People are huge on state pride in this region.
>>
>>52420070
North Dakota has oil that's all I know
>>
File: 11791073385_8178d89976_h.jpg (937 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
11791073385_8178d89976_h.jpg
937 KB, 1600x1060
>>52422710
only depressing if you dislike comfiness desu

we do have pretty strong winters though. pretty mild this year so far. we had one big storm that dropped half a foot of snow in less than a day, but that's it. it's mostly been just above freezing
>>
>>52422950
I like the snow but hate the windchill, that's why i like Idaho + Montana mountains. Here in Idaho we're just in the mid-30's all day.
North Dakota and South Dakota aren't "comfy" by any stretch of the imagination. The ND+
SD region is a depressing, flat, shithole with ridiculously cold winters.
If you enjoy -40F winters with windchill, then this boring wasteland is right up your alley.

So glad I'm from comfy Idaho.
>>
isn't it just one big fucking prairie?
>>
>>52423690
that's the eastern part
>>
>>52423690
That is what North and South Dakota are. The other states literally have some of the best scenery in the world.
>>
That's where the ICBM are stashed.
>>
A big ass volcano ready to blow at any moment
>>
File: ecoregions.jpg (2 MB, 2700x2070) Image search: [Google]
ecoregions.jpg
2 MB, 2700x2070
>>52423690
prairie that turns into mountains as you go west

>>52423103
eh, it's probably because I was born here but I find the flat plains to be extremely comfy. especially when there's a big storm that you can see from 200 miles away yet it looks like it's just about to be on top of you

windchill is the worst though, can't defend that garbage.
>>
W I N D
I
N
D

Peaceful people, mountains (especially Montana and western WY), white people, parse population, mountain cowboys
>>
>>52424146
>Peaceful people
He have literal hillbillies here that aren't exactly peaceful.
>>
worlds first national park
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.