[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your country Have you ever experienced an earthquake? Where?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: globalseismichazardmap.jpg (4 MB, 3056x1586) Image search: [Google]
globalseismichazardmap.jpg
4 MB, 3056x1586
Your country
Have you ever experienced an earthquake? Where? How many times? What was it like? Is it common where live?

I have lived all of my life in Sweden but I have still been to countries like Japan and western US but still not felt anything. Disappointing desu.
>>
I felt one just the other day for the first time in my life. It woke me up st 2am. It was spooky
>>
>seismictugal
>Portuquake
>>
>Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
Yes
>Where?
In Sofia, Bulgaria
>How many times?
I think a total of 6 times total.
>What was it like?
Most were very mild. You feel a slight rocking under you. But then we had a 5.7 one and I live on the 7th floor of a commieblock. Shit was shaking, books were falling off the shelves, etc.
>Is it common where live?
Not very common, but common enough to remind me that earthquakes exist.
>>
dad died in the second Christchurch one
>>
>>52416490
Yes, usually 2 times per year
>Where
In my home, place of work as well
>How many times
I don't remember, I guess 40-50
>What was it like?
If it's a small one, it's alright, but it can be scary, especially if you sleep at the time and have no idea what's going on
>is it common?
yes
>>
>>52416609
My condolences.
>>
>>52416683
I'm just grateful it wasn't any larger than it was. At the time Christchurch city center was almost entirely made up of buildings almost 100 years old. Everyone in NZ expected the big one to hit Wellington, so we weren't really prepared I think.
>>
>>52416490
France
A few very small ones yeah
Just some shaking and people asking "lel was that an earthquake ?"
It's not common but happens sometimes, the last one was last year I believe, it happened near Jersey but we could feel it there. Again, I'm talking about mini earthquakes, so nothing dangerous.
>>
I did once when I was in California. It was pretty disappointing.
>>
Several movements here and many more in Costa Rica btw

i dont like it.
>>
>>52416490
1.- flag
2.- yes
3.-la serena
4.- almost everyday
5.- strange sounds from below your feet
6.- yes
>>
USA
Washington DC
Once
It's was short but terrifying given my location. I thought DC was getting bombed when the ground started shaking since eat coast earthquakes aren't common. Plus I live in Minnesota where they never happen, so I didn't know why the ground felt like it swayed a few feet.
>>
Yeah, one time, 8 years ago
I was desperate but nothing happened in my city
>>
Yea I've been in like 6 (east coast of US), nothing major though the strongest one I've been in just shook stuff off of my desk
>>
Dozens of times, mostly minor ~3 shit and a few ~6 big ones.
Thrice already I've been caught while in the bathroom, once while I was taking a dump, the water touched by butt cheeks, and twice while I was showering, light went out both times so I had to finish in the dark.
Now I just worry about shit that might fall over and break, like TVs, computers and stuff.
>>
yes, many times
it happens here regularly
>>
>>52416490

We get the occasional tremor. The strongest one I remember was around 10 years ago I was on the 2nd floor the building felt like it was at sea for a few seconds.

African-Syrian fault line.

>>52416609

Sorry to hear that man. I visited Christchurch in 2013, never seen anything like it, makes you wonder if the city will ever recover. The memorial made of chairs in the old CBD was really harrowing, as was the 'quake' exhibition.
>>
Apparently there was one a year or two back, but I was asleep and didn't wake up.
>>
I've never experienced an earthquake. I'm not third-world.
>>
>>52416490
There was a period when I was young where every year there were a couple of weak earthquakes, never seen anything move though as far as I remember
It was fun

My great-aunts from the south lost their homes with one though
>>
>>52416490 (OP) #
Yes
>Where
In my home.
I was in the school at the time of 3.11
>How many times
I don't remember.
>What was it like?
It's nothing special. But it was serious at the time of earthquake disaster.It was far from the stricken area.
Anyone seemed to think that it was the fault of the physical condition delinquent first. We understood that it was an earthquake, and everybody got under the desk.
Because of the shaking, the sense that I seemed to be intoxicated by continued for a while. I waited for information while being upset. A teacher turned on TV of the classroom and saw it together.
>is it common?
Though is surprised; a common thing.
But I am frightened by a big earthquake.
>>
>>52418030
>the physical condition delinquent
Does he go by the name of 4chan?
>>
>>52416490
my first earthquake was in Chile
shit was fun as fuck, felt like massage coach
>>
>>52418219
couch* oops
>>
File: cia.png (254 KB, 366x636) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
254 KB, 366x636
The city I currently live in has a lot of (usually minor) earthquakes.
I've only lived here for a year and already felt it three times.
>>
>>52416490
I've been in 2 major earthquakes. The one was an 8.8 mw and the second one 8.4 mw
>>
>>52416490
Once.

It wasn't here, the epicenter was somewhere in Indonesia or something. I barely felt it, so I didn't pay any attention to it.
>>
File: 1443159623013.jpg (188 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1443159623013.jpg
188 KB, 1462x1462
>>52416609
>>
>>52418412
shieeeet
Lost anything/anyone dead?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.