[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /int I would really like to hear what actual americans think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: i.jpg (10 KB, 254x190) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
10 KB, 254x190
Sup /int

I would really like to hear what actual americans think of their legitimate president Barack Hussein Obama II. Pls dont troll. In Russia there is not mutch of abalysis about his pilitical achievements (obama care? smth about medical care?). I also would be pleased to see references for good articles on subject.
>>
>>52410390
sorry for bad engrish
>>
I think he was a do nothing lame duck. The one big thing he did, obamacare, was totally just pushed through and fucked over 20x more people than it helped. I am not opposed to healthcare being more socialized here so it's really saying something that obamacare pissed me off.

Also, the fact that he refused to say that france and california attacks was islamic terrorism bothered me.

I don't think he was worse than GW Bush but he was close
>>
>>
>>52410390
>In Russia there is not mutch of abalysis about his pilitical achievements

on tv i meant
>>
>>52410426
>>52410547
dont worry i understood your post and so would other americans
>>
>>52410390

Most people just see him as kind of a weak leader, not very inspiring or particularly competent or skilled. But this may be because he's really not in the news a lot, he has killed a lot of terrorists with drones and deported a lot more Mexicans than Bush did, among other things.

Overall though, he's just kind of been there...Republicans make him out to be the Devil himself but he hasn't really done too much since Obamacare.
>>
>>52410547
It's not better in runet, there is not one russian text about US without some misconceptions.
>>
>>52410719
pretty much. Republicans will hate him regardless. He's been somewhat underwhelming, didn't deliver on some of his campaign promises but he could be worse
>>
>>52411042
>didn't deliver on some of his campaign promises
this is an understatement, i voted for him in 2008 and still am pissed about his campaign from that year.

"HOPE" "CHANGE" for one of the biggest lame ducks we've had
>>
>>52410390
I think that you will find that America is very divided about our current President.
Some love him, some hate him.
Regardless of the media's spin, we are in a very bad place right now, as evidenced by high unemployment, riots, very bad race relations, bad international policy decisions, a lack of a unified national culture, scapegoating, continuing cabinet scandals, etc.
However, there are those who feel that all of the above are good things; merely misinterpreted.

My opinion is that I see the current President as an indicator of the country as a whole, much like a person's pet reflects their owner's personality.
A representative figurehead, rather than a competent leader.
>>
>>52411042

Yeah, he's just kind of a B or maybe a C+ president. He didn't totally fuck over the country but he didn't really make it excel either. I do wonder how much of his hand was behind destroying the Russian economy and how much of it was just luck with naturally falling oil prices, but I guess we won't find out anything about that until such is declassified fifty years from now.
>>
>>52411131
>Some love him
Truly? Still? I haven't heard much positive praise of obama since 2012 or 2013. The NSA stuff coming out really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way
>>
>>52410484
Which Bush?
>>
File: kukeshev_480x360.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kukeshev_480x360.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>52411131
>Scapegoating (from the verb "to scapegoat") is the practice of singling out any party for unmerited negative treatment or blame as a scapegoat.

explain pls, totally new defenition for me
Escape America nao?

very bad race relations

so how many races in America? why bad relations?
>>
>>52410390
The only thing I can think of that he's done since 2010 is fumble around about which sandniggers to bomb.
>>
>>52411224
GW Bush, I was a small child for the first one so I can't really comment on him.

All I know about the first bush is he made promises about not raising taxes and reneged on them, and the gulf war
>>
>>52411131

>evidenced by high unemployment,

Almost no region on Earth is doing well economically at the moment, Europe is in eternal unemployment hell by American standards outside of maybe Germany, China's economy is slamming to a halt, Russia's is contracting like a motherfucker, Brazil has tanked...we're doing pretty well comparatively.

>Riots

Nothing compared to what we had during Vietnam or what was the norm even in the 1920s-1950s, I wouldn't be too worried desu.

> bad international policy decisions,

Yeah, but at least we didn't get sucked in to an eternal desert war again.

> a lack of a unified national culture

We have about as much now as we have ever had desu.

>scapegoating,

Maybe.

>continuing cabinet scandals, etc.

Can't comment as I haven't been following the news too much.
>>
>>52411338
Th-thanks
>>
>>52411338
>>52411131

> very bad race relations,

Not really, it's mostly just blacks pissed off about being shot up by the police and whites/asians/hispanics being pissed off at blacks for being subpar in a variety of areas and for committing disproportionately more crime, and neither are really new occurrences in American culture. It does not really affect the day to day relations between everyone from what I have seen.
>>
>>52411291
>Escape America nao?
no, people are pissed off but daily life hasn't changed here.

people being pissed off about the government is normal here, i dont remember a time when people weren't pissed off.
>>
You will get a lot of negative bias because 4chan is extremely racist and right wing. But the reality is he's a great president.

People will say he didn't do enough, but that's because immediately after he was elected, they voted out the democrats from the house of congress because racists were scared he would activate "islamic gommunism".

So what ended up happening is he's had to compromise on absolutely everything. He's been challenged in things every other president has done without problems. So uninformed plebs and cuckservatives will say he's been useless. Everyone else sees he's managed to accomplish a lot even despite facing immense challenges.
>>
>>52411435
I think he doesn't understand the definition of scapegoat.
>>
>>52411291
Scapegoating = blaming something or someone else about something. John used Obama as a scapegoat regarding the failing economy = Obama was blamed by John for the failing economy.

America is pretty well mixed. Been there, it's not a simple deal of white/black/mixed like we have here, you have tons of them, but the race relations he's talking about is primarily of whites against blacks and vice versa. Some muslims or those that look like muslims are having a hard time, too, but that's everywhere I think. So people are more restless.
>>
File: 1448049196676.gif (261 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448049196676.gif
261 KB, 400x400
>>52411502
>racist
>people are still using this to deflect any criticism towards obama
>>
>>52411502
>racists were scared he would activate "islamic gommunism".
Looks like they were right then
>>
He did an ok job recovering from Bush's mess, in my opinion.
>>
>>52411536
> "hurr niggers beware the day of the rope is coming!"
> "me racist? that's absurd!"
>>
>>52411529

Hispanics have much worse relations with blacks than whites do on average desu. And more than a few Asians don't even consider black people to be fully human if you get their honest opinion without any blacks around, but they are usually the first/second generation ones.
>>
He's kind of a bitch.
The one thing good that happened on his watch, muh high speed internet ruling, has become useless because companies just changing the title of their packages.

He was mediocre at best. Would've been a nobody if it weren't for his ancestry.
>>
>>52411588
nice strawman and appeal to emotions. i've literally said that i voted for obama in 2008 in this thread, and somehow i'm racist for being unsatisfied with his presidency?

truly, you're whats wrong with american politics. ride or die one ticket voter who refuses to look at something objectively due to being mentally incapable to do so.
>>
pls no racism/gommunism trollercoaster eh?
>>
>>52411604
I agree and know it happens. It's just that the focus is on whites versus blacks right now, or so the media leads you to believe. Hell, remember when they whitewashed George Zimmerman? A hispanic shooting a black doesn't sell papers, but a racist whitey shooting innocent black kids is great for news coverage.
Still, I can't claim to know more than you do about your country.
>>
>>52410921
Our perception of the world is riddled with misconceptions. In fact, one can argue that perception is a system of misconceptions. It's not a russian thing, but an inherent trait in men
>>
>>52411604
>Hispanics have much worse relations with blacks than whites do on average desu
this, hispanics get along with whites pretty well in the real world. asians too.

bad race relations in the us is blacks vs everyone.
>>
so another thing i would like to ask bout is sponsored contetn part of the last SP season.

1. Is it a new trend in USA to be PC?
2. People do not know how to use adblock?
>>
>>52411212
good. the truth should hurt.
but i think you're forgetting about the rabid true believers.
>>
>>52411706
And how the fuck should I know who you are?

Regardless, you don't need to venture far at all to see that most conservatives are pretty racist. Look at /pol/, look at any right wing forum, look at any news website when a black person is accused of a crime. If anything you're the exception, but I'm almost certain you're just false flagging.

You just went right to the race part and didn't even read the rest of my post. Obama's failed policies are due mostly to heavy compromises necessary to get through congress. He'll the affordable care act was originally a republican idea.
>>
>>52411923
wew lad at your entire post
>>
File: Screenshot_20151220-093413.png (188 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151220-093413.png
188 KB, 1080x1920
>>52411964
ebin meme deflection XDD
>>
>>52411746

This has pretty much been true since the end of the Civil War. The Irish, Italians, Jews, Slavs, and even some Hispanics got upgraded to white status in opposition to blacks. Even Asians, particularly East Asians, have become more or less honorary white people in opposition to blacks, and even half-black mixes like Obama.
>>
>>52412099
so some knuckleheads on 4chan, especially /pol/ are racist and now you're applying this to everyone who doesn't like obama anymore? if they don't like obama they're fundamentally flawed as a person?

let me guess, you are black
>>
File: DETAIL_PICTURE__30313658.jpg (53 KB, 475x714) Image search: [Google]
DETAIL_PICTURE__30313658.jpg
53 KB, 475x714
still no articles? cmeen guise
>>
>>52412099
>generalizing groups based on some boards on a Somalian dirt farming forum

Jesus fuck. As much as the left likes to preach about tolerance and not to generalize classes of people, they sure as fuck are intolerant and love to generalize anyone who disagrees with them.
>>
>>52412162
I'm not, and I'm also not a cuckold because I know that's where you're going next.

To put it simply, there's not much reason to hate Obama the way he's hated. If you do hate him, there's probably another motive at play that's not his politics.

>>52412336
Where should I pull from? I can get you sound clips from all my right wing friends ranting about niggers and Obama being a muslim.
>>
>>52411502
Why do black people think any criticism of a black person has to be about race? You can hate Obama and not be racist like plenty of black people I've met in the south are.
>>
last bump thx fer u guys cya
>>
>>52411588
He didn't even say that you dumb ass, no wonder everyone's getting tired of black people
>>
>>52412516
>my anecdotes are a viable source that justify my sweeping generalizations!
>>
>>52412516
You're definitely a nigger and a cuck
>>
>>52412534
CYKA BLYAT!

What the fuck does Blyat even mean? Or is it just a noise?
>>
>>52412772
Блядь — oт cлaвянcкoгo блѫдъ > pyc. блyд — зaблyждeниe, oшибкa, гpeх; пepвoнaчaльнo былo чepeдoвaниe юcoв ѫ/ѧ. Cp. дp.-pyccк. бляcти < блѧcти — «зaблyждaтьcя, oшибaтьcя»; cт.-cлaв, «блѧдити» — тo жe, ц.-cлaв. блядocлoвить — «лгaть, oбмaнывaть, клeвeтaть», пoльcк. błąd — «oшибкa». Пpacлaвянcкий кopeнь blѫd-/blѧd- «yклoнятьcя, пyтaтьcя» < PIE *bhlond-/*bhlend- «нeяcнo мepцaть» имeeт кoгнaты в гepмaнcких языкaх: aнгл. blend «пepeмeшивaть»[11], aнгл. blond «cвeтлoвoлocый, блoндин»[12].

u will figure it out if realy interested
>>
>>52410390
Useless cunt tbqh
He's yet to do one single thing I was happy to hear about in 2 terms, outside of instructing federal law enforcement agencies to quit seeking marijuana related arrests in states where it is legal under state law.

Other than that, he's spied on our people and probably your people and put our information in massive databases, enacted essentially a stronger version of the Patriot Act that he campaigned on promising to remove, he's been responsible for selling bulk amounts of the same "assault rifles" he "hates" to known Mexican drug cartel affiliates and then losing track of them (some were later used in massacres and violence against US border agents, then declared war on the right to legally own firearms in the US, he's shown his black-over-white bias on several occasions ("If I had a son..."), he didn't ever shut down Gitmo like he said he would, etc.

He's the most pathetic excuse for a leader I've seen in my 21 years on this planet and I genuinely fucking hate him.
>>
File: 1449839211407.jpg (10 KB, 249x188) Image search: [Google]
1449839211407.jpg
10 KB, 249x188
>>52410390
gtfo with your newfag questions, /int/ is for memes and always has been
>>
>>52412516
>hate him, there's probably another motive at play that's not his politics.
Is >>52413027 racist? Also the shit he signed at the climate change meeting was fucking retarded.
>>
>>52413176
I couldn't care less what color he is, I just think he's done a really shitty job and will be glad to see him make his way out of office here soon.
>>
>>52413245
I'm agreeing with you, the other idiot seems to think Obama has done nothing wrong during his two terms.
>>
File: 1324460046593.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1324460046593.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>52413300
>mfw people put the lower gas prices under Obama's "achievements"
shit's too funny.
>>
File: 1440342236446.png (642 KB, 1834x1666) Image search: [Google]
1440342236446.png
642 KB, 1834x1666
>>
>>52412772
Oh...well... it is a swearing. It is kind of your word "fuck" meaning.
Also we use it as a intensifying particle when we need to show our emotions.
For ex: If someone borrowed some of your money, and you want them back, you say
"I want my money back."
But if you want to show, that you need them RIGHT NOW and want to threaten your opponent, you say: "I WANT MY MONEY BACK, BLYAD' "
So this way we express our emotions, cyka.
It is dangerous to go in the world of Russian profanity alone. Take it with you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_(Russian_profanity)
>>
>>52413009
Fuck that shit-priest explanation from a church language, and of course it's not about blonde.
Blyad' (Блядь) is a woman doing the ramble by many boyfriends, or often word mean cheating wife. Near to slut and whore.
Blydovati (Блyдoвaть) - verb, be not faithful to wife of hasband.
Blyad' also is word related to "Блyждaть/Blyzjdat' " - ramble.
But blya (бля) or little wrongly (damn to censorship) "blyat' " (блять)" is a emotional expression like "what the hell" or "damn" in English. Sense grief and bad surprise.
>>
>>52410719
Agreed. He's a total whatever except for his support of stupid shit like the following:

>cool clock Achmed
>"if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin."
>bending over for Putin at every chance.
>>
I think he started off fine but at this point in his term I've noticed a lot of glaring issues:

>Whines too much about gun control
>Has created racial division: always made national addresses over rinky dink shit like the death of one black kid, spurring more riots and protests
>Ignores shit like his hometown of Chicago being a 3rd world war zone shithole in the meantime
>stripped the Pentagon of all capable commanders, put in a bunch of yes men, withdrew from Iraq and wiped his hands of it far too quickly, and now we have ISIS, an even worse threat
>stoked the fire in Syria/Lybia in a bad way causing refugee crises worldwide
>passed a half-assed medical bill
>bends to the SJW will and is part of the reason why people like Trump are gaining traction in US politics these days

He's been divisive for American society, weak-willed on foreign policy and at times meddled where he shouldn't have, and made dubious economic and healthcare system reforms

His terms could look a lot worse in hindsight, he's almost the black Carter
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.