[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is learning Japanese easy for gaijins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
Is learning Japanese easy for gaijins?
>>
Never tried, don't really care to
>>
>>52402895
No
I have no idea how to learn kanji where some characters can be read in 4 different ways
>>
>>52402895
tattoo is yakuza desu
>>
I need to know too many runes.
>>
Fuck nipseak
>>
>馬鹿外人
How has no one spotted this yet?
>>
>>52402895
Very easy, I say at same easy level as Spanish. But kanji is another subject, I never tried to learn it and I never will.
>>
I wouldn't quite say it's 'difficult'.
the biggest/most time consuming part of learning a language is vocabulary and Japanese doesn't have a lot of words in common with English/Dutch and other EU languages (except maybe some katakana words but even those can be kinda randum like パソコン)

that said the grammar is pretty simple and straightforwards with little exceptions.
>>
>>52403060
Easy, we don't speak fucking niprunes
>>
>>52403060
Because it's just a bunch of chicken scratches
>>
single kanji-sign having several different ways of reading is caused by importing Chinese words in retarded way.
We must stop using this defective language.
>>
>>52403060
I did desu
(The sage is real)
>>
>>52403063
I always thought spanish was difficult to learn.
>>
Why do Asians still use ideograms? We've abandoned those literally 3000 years ago.
>>
>>52403109
That would defiantly help in learning it
>>
Conversational Japanese is much easier than a lot of languages as long as you have time, as well as people to talk to.

>no tones (as opposed to other Asian languages)
>consistent grammar rules (as opposed to European languages)
>consistent vowel pronunciation (as opposed to English)
>no masculine/feminine nouns (as opposed to Spanish)

The reading/writing system takes time to get used to, but that's basically it
>>
>>52403060
that's the joke senpai
>>
>>52403175
el español es fácil aprender

porque penes grandes negros
>>
>>52402895
come on even i can read that
>>
>>52402895
Why i should to learn your runes?
>>
>>52403175
if burgers can manage, it can't be hard
>>
>>52403287
>no masculine/feminine nouns (as opposed to Spanish)
All indo-european languages have them, not just Spanish.
>>
>>52403448
>culture
>literature
>anime
Russian is easier for you because it's similar to Ukrainian, but Japanese is more useful than it.
>>
>>52402975
yakuzas a shit
>>
>>52402895
t.bh senpai learning to speak it isn't too bad but learning kanji is fucking painful
>>
>>52402895
i never believe those stupid gaijins saying its easy. the same goes for those stupid jap english learners saying so. each of them is definitely fucking hard as fuck. the only people that learn them seriously and deeply can find out how fucking difficult they are.
>>
>>52403507
Maybe English is an exception.
>>
This thread will be translated to Japanese and it will be on AFFLIATE site so that we can read in Japanese.
And OP gets money
>>
>>52403580
>And OP gets money
おいおい、俺に言うなよ。翻訳ブログの管理人にでも言ってくれw
>>
>>52403520
>anime

Subtitles exists for a reason.
>>
File: fun club.png (368 KB, 553x553) Image search: [Google]
fun club.png
368 KB, 553x553
>>52403580
translate THIS

*unzips menes*
>>
>>52403580
where can I find these translations?
>>
File: iron_silk_road.jpg (591 KB, 2173x1403) Image search: [Google]
iron_silk_road.jpg
591 KB, 2173x1403
>>52402895
I'd rather start learning Chinese, they are becoming next centre of the world, and things and opportunities will happen there very soon.
>>
File: 49759_obrana_mandarynka.jpg (359 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
49759_obrana_mandarynka.jpg
359 KB, 1600x1200
>>52403801
I mean
>Mandarin
:^)
>>
>>52403700
"海外の万国反応記" and "劇訳表示" translate postings on 4chan. Just google either of them if you interested in. I don't recommend though. It's like feeding them.
>>
>>52403860
thanks mate
>>
>>52403915
Oops, they distort information like Russian media (sputnik/VOR, Russia times...etc) does. Don't swallow them even if you see either of them.
>>
>>52404165
it's ok, I was just curious
I didn't expect it to be a valuable source of information at all
>>
>>52403556
English Germanic shit language full of other countries' leftovers
>>
>>52403520

Russian is more useful m8
>>
>>52404330
Pretty much, Russia is on its way to become a world superpower; being able to communicate with Russians is an highly valuable skill of you plain to work for a corporation or for the government.
>>
>>52404506
Learning languages is easy if you work at it
>English (stupid language but popular for some reason)
>Chinese
>Russian
>Arabic
All good languages also learn, most people speak at least one of these

Also
>Japanese (most Japanese people don't speak other languages well)
>Spanish, French, German (most Europeans learn English though, so not that necessary)
>Korean (same problem as Japan)
>>
is it easier to learn Japanese if you know Chinese?
>>
>>52404870
only to help you recognise the 漢字 other than that not really it's a completely different language desu
>>
>>52404870
Is it easier to learn Norwegian if you already know Korean?

Learning languages is a skill, the more you learn the easier it gets, kanji takes a long time
>>
Boku-tachi wa Tenshi datta
>>
>>52404870
Not really, because even if some kanji carries over, tons of other stuff only confuse you. Had a friend that tried doing that, didn't really work out.
>>
what do japanese girls think of gaijin?
>>
>>52402895
Why is it hard again? It's literally the same as any language? Even if you know latin letters you don't know what a word fucking means by just knowing the letters
>>
>>52402895
moonrunes are too many and hard to memorize, the language itself is pretty simple and thus easy to learn.
>>
Is Korean the poor man's Japanese?
>>
>>52403297
Is this a joke, too? oniichan.
>>
>>52405342
Don't worry. You guys (the British) aren't disliked very much.
>>
You tell me John
>>
>>52405379
To write in a language using the Latin alphabet you only need to learn 26 letters instead of a gorillion of kanjis.
>>
>>52405379
If you know the Latin characters, you know how to pronounce the word (generally). The same doesn't always apply with kanji.
>>
>>52402944
It's not that bad. You will know what it means in context.

If you learn radicals Kanji are pretty easy, too.

Example:
娘 = Daughter

女 = Woman
良 = Good

Daughter = Good woman

Most Kanji are this way.
>>
>>52403860
Why are only a few posts from a given thread translated?
>>
How do I you say 'Real Nigga' in Japanese?
I'll get that tattooed on my back.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-10-22-49.png (163 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-10-22-49.png
163 KB, 1440x2560
>>52402895
>Baka gaijin
Ohohohohohoho top kek m80
>>
>>52411627
진짜의 흑인
>>
In respect to other languages no. Especially if you speak something more analytic like English.
>>
I feel like it would be easy for a regular Finnish person
to learn the language quite easily as long as they keep an open mind about it,
instead of going "nip nong ching chong xD" and claiming it's too hard to learn a new writing system.
I myself studied it for 3 years (2½ hours a week) and after I got over the kana-symbols it got really easy since the sentence structure is somewhat similar to Finnish, same thing with pronounciation.
>>
>>52411627
”真の黒人" or something like that seems to be the best. But it doesnt mean real nigga but means "true black". In this case 真 is the same meaning as Shin gouki's "Shin" of street fighter, and its neither nerdy nor tryhard.
The japanese cant get the difference between nigga and nigger, so both stay being a pure racial slur here. I get it because ive randomly picked their words up to learn about it. But nobody else gives it a try like that...and also Japanese hiphop artists fucking suck at english and are too lazy to learn it and the actual western cultures and its practices and shit.
>>
File: robot tatoo.jpg (84 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
robot tatoo.jpg
84 KB, 500x248
>>52402895
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.