[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for the Italians of /int/. My girlfriend's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 21Puglia.gif (20 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
21Puglia.gif
20 KB, 720x480
I have a question for the Italians of /int/. My girlfriend's parents are from Bari which is in Apulia and I'm going to be going there to meet them in the new year. So... what is Bari like? Or if Bari isn't well known, what do people think of Apulia? Stereotypes of the people? What should I expect? Basically just any info on Bari or Apulia would be appreciated. Thanks
>>
Puglia is literally the poorest province of italy. So expect farms and nothing
>>
>>52371333
Damn. What are the people like? Very traditional or not so much? Are they very religious? Should I make mafia jokes or not? i-is there Mafia in Apulia?
>>
>>52371525
2bh, I don't know that much about italy, since I've never visited there. I think you should ask in /ita/ m8
>>
>>52371525
yes to all
>>
>>52371266
Italy under rome it's like congo for us, remember this, i have a " friend " from Foggia (near bari) so i will say, expect the unexpected
>>
>>52371266
I'll give it a go but I'm not from there, only been there on holiday:

>what is Bari like?
it looks like a typical southern city, the historical centre is nice but the people are not as nice as the rest of the region. but you know it has got nice ancient buildings, a seaside walk and top tier food, you'll be fine.

>Or if Bari isn't well known, what do people think of Apulia?
best region in the mainland south, it's definitely more well kept than the others and it has a huge tourism industry so it has got a lot of services. Some places are really beautiful.

Stereotypes of the people?
I don't know just southern stereotypes in general, people from Bari have a feud with people from Lecce, which is the other important city in the region.

What should I expect?
You'll have fun I think, it's a good region to visiti with your gf, you can rent a car and see a lot of cool places, definitely drive down to Salento and check it out, imo is superior to Bari area.

>>52371525
>What are the people like?
very nice people, not as touchy as other southerners like the calabrians.

>Very traditional or not so much?
in some ways yes, very.

Are they very religious?
I think so.

>Should I make mafia jokes or not?
well why would you do that? that's be cringeworthy to hear if anything.

>i-is there Mafia in Apulia?
yes there is the Sacra Corona Unita which is a branch of Camorra from Naples, it's the youngest organization in Italy so it's not nearly as powerful as the other nor it's rooted in the culture as much,
>>
>>52371333
Also this is bullshit, it's not the poorest region and there's a lot of shit besides farms, there aren't many farms at all actually, just a lot, and i mean A LOT of olive trees fields that are mainly well kept and organized, besides that there is a lot of tourist places along the coast.
>>
>>52371266
OP this video is a MUST watch, I hope you know Italian...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVaHCCxHMw
>>
>>52372754
s-sorry
>>
File: 1450109301991.jpg (41 KB, 251x249) Image search: [Google]
1450109301991.jpg
41 KB, 251x249
>>52372817
I forgive you.
>>
>>52371525
>What are the people like? Very traditional or not so much?
Normal I guess, the average person in any European city is pretty much the same everywhere
>Are they very religious?
Young people just don't care about religion with some rare exceptions, but old people are generally extremely religious
>Should I make mafia jokes or not?
Don't. Not because we're that touchy about them or anything, they're just not funny
>i-is there Mafia in Apulia?
I'd say that organized crime is no worse than the rest of Italy: we had the Sacra Corona Unita but it was mostly eradicated in the early '00
>>
>>52371266
worse than any other regions up from Rome , but best region of the south, a lot of nice place to go

still
>>
>>52371525
Mafia is Sicily only, Sacra Corona is the one in Puglia
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.