[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Frankish general. Fathers of modern Europe, or why we loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Frankish_homeland.jpg (213 KB, 681x523) Image search: [Google]
Frankish_homeland.jpg
213 KB, 681x523
ITT: Frankish general. Fathers of modern Europe, or why we loved Roman civilisation but did not want to pay taxes. We discuss Frankish superior culture, post Frankish qts.

Salians, Hessians, Moesians, Ripuarians... all Franks are welcome, to be frank.

motto: Vrank en vrij (Frank and free)

invited: Salians and Sicambrians, Usipetes, Bataves, Tencteres, Chamaves, Chattuares, Tubantes, Ampsivares, Nervians, Menapians

also welcome: Gauls, Romans, Obodrites, Sorbs and other foreign allies

not welcome: Saxons, Allemani, butthurt Romans, Umayyads
>>
>play CK2 Charlemagne start
>the Carolings inevitably switch culture to French within the first 20 years of the game

REEEEEEEEEEEE
why are digital Franks such cucks?
>>
>>52358663
They are really Gauls who took Frank identity.

When Franks conquered Gaul they adopted the language of the locals.
>>
>frankish

no such thing
all franks were french

prove me wrong
protip: you cant
>>
Hello my frankish friends !!!
>>
>>52358555
>>52358555
fun fact:frankish merchant founded our country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samo
>>
>>52359271
open a historybook m8
>>
>>52358555
>tfw Allemani
>>
>>52359604
>>52359337
Welcome friends

Franks allied with several Slavic tribes to fight against their eternal enemy the Saxons and the Allemanni in the early period.
>>
>>52359271
>no such thing
>all franks were french
Well, after the conquests of Clovis they did appoint Paris as their capital and Charlemagne only switched it to Aix-la-Chapelle to be more centralized after Removing Saxon from the premises. And then there's the fact that "French" and "Frank" were used interchangeably until the end of the 11th century, and even after that Muslims would refer to Saint Louis as "Al-Franj" or "Al-Frank".

>>52359697
>South of the Great Rivers master race
Feels good man.
>>
Franks evolved into the French.

the betas stayed in the lowlands
>>
>>52359604
I've been told that it is now belived he was in fact just wealthy czech merchant who lived among Franks and come to be considered local by them.
>>
Batavii/alemani reporting in
>>
>>52359768
>>52359768
Franks were pretty smart to adopt the language of the Romanized Gauls, knowing how sensitive an issue that has always been with you guys. That way there was never any internal resentment and the conquest of Europe was there waiting to be grabbed.

Frankish and Gaul noblemen intermixed early on. Although Gaulish was still spoken inbn the backwoods until the 6th century, all the people who lived in the cities and the nobility spoke vulgar Latin, which evolved into French (via the Oil languages).

>>52359870
revisionism :)

>>52359991
Bataves were one of the tribes of the Frankish confederation, they lived in Holland. Or are you part South-German?
>>
>>52359870
I personally believe that he was a Jewish arms dealer/slave trader named Samuel. The sources only mention him as a Burgundian though, which is a geographic designation, meaning that he was likely from the Rhone valley or Champagne.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.