[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for anons in Christian countries: When you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: literally.png (44 KB, 343x267) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
44 KB, 343x267
I have a question for anons in Christian countries:
When you give exclamations associated with the Lord such as "oh my god", "jesus christ", or "holy shit", do you really mean to say those to the God or Jesus Christ?
Otherwise, do the exclamations no longer have literal meanings so you carelessly use those just as words to express your feelings?
>>
>>52354940
No one in the West anymore believes in God or Jesus etc. We just use those only as expressions.
>>
>God or Jesus Christ
They're the same, you know
>>
>>52354992
Kafir plz
Sura 112
>>
File: 3e1.png (333 KB, 1436x1652) Image search: [Google]
3e1.png
333 KB, 1436x1652
>>52355019
>he fell for the Mohammedism meme
repent before it's too late faggot
>>
>>52354940
>holy shit
We don't have such.
>do you really mean to say those to the God or Jesus Christ?
Why not.
>use those just as words to express your feelings?
Also this.
>>
Here in Italy, we even say blasphemies towards God, Jesus, Holy Mary, saints... insulting them, but at the same time being devoted to them.

Many elder people often say blasphemies while playing cards, many people say blasphemies (not loud, though, if in public) if they hurt themselves...

Yes, it's strange
>>
>>52355067
Repent to whom?
>>
>>52355100
Dio cane
>>
>>52355177
Porco Dio
>>
these don't exist in french, except "oh my god", it's kinda old-fashioned and no one uses it except maybe old people and christians
I'm pretty sure it's not intended to be literal in english, they're very common swear words. I bet even moderate believers probably use them without meaning it seriously.
>>
>>52355070
>>52355352
>We don't have such.
>these don't exist in french
So, especially the Anglo have a lot of blasphemies and the others don't have many, right?
>>
File: im.png (90 KB, 324x202) Image search: [Google]
im.png
90 KB, 324x202
>>52354940
Can i fuck jap boypussy???????????
>>
>>52355545
I don't know, there are a lot of languages in Europe and the relation to religion is different in each country. Nordic countries still have a cross on their flag, but the % of belief if pretty low : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Europe_belief_in_god.svg
it's hard to say without studying each country
>>
>>52354940
>God or Jesus Christ
Same guy buddy
>>
Just expressions, but my mother always yells at me for them.
>>
>>52354940
>When you give exclamations associated with the Lord such as "oh my god", "jesus christ", or "holy shit", do you really mean to say those to the God or Jesus Christ?

Yes and no. Look up the holy tinity m8

>Otherwise, do the exclamations no longer have literal meanings so you carelessly use those just as words to express your feelings?

Swear words usually have specific meanings that are used in specific circumstances that may or may not be related to their original meaning. For example twat and cunt are more offensive ways of calling someone an asshole, whilst shit for brains means exactly what it implies.
>>
>>52355545
Franchophone speakers in Québec use a lot of swearing words related to religious stuff, like tabarnak (coming from tabernacle), calisse (chalice), crisse (coming from Christ), hostie (host) or ciboire (pyx)...

Well, I think they're the only ones in the world who use church items as insults though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.