[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Vietnam War lasts roughly 10 years >turns Americans off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: John-C.-McGinley-Sgt.-ONeill.jpg (28 KB, 287x370) Image search: [Google]
John-C.-McGinley-Sgt.-ONeill.jpg
28 KB, 287x370
>Vietnam War lasts roughly 10 years
>turns Americans off to war for like 30 years until the next major conflict

>post-9/11 wars last even longer
>Americans want war now more than ever

Why aren't yankees sick of war yet?

Is it because no one's been drafted?
>>
>>52353350

Millennials support more wars against Muslims but don't want to enlist themselves
>>
>>52353350
the vietnam war didn't have public support because american citizens were dying for no reasons (since vietnam dindu nuffin) and some gore pictures leaked (like my-lai)
while the wars in the middle east had a good reason,at least in american eyes
>>
File: 1450244804414.jpg (15 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
1450244804414.jpg
15 KB, 400x352
>>52353350
i wonder why...
>>
>>52353350
yes pretty much. the gap between american military culture and normie culture is growing. most of the military i had experience with express open content for the american public calling them Lazy, stupid, fat, cowards ext. even the majority of vietnam soldiers were volunteers, my dad was a vietnam veteran he was an army ranger during tet, him and his war buddy's feel like the american public was too weak and made them lose the war.
>>
A very small percentage of the public has had any exposure to the military which causes two problems

First many people in the public view the military as this sort of infallible entity (or at least very well controlled) which is simply not true. It's very disorganized and has incompetent people at every level. Thus whenever a mistake occurs (bomb hits a wrong place or some arms shipment gets misplaced) it's viewed as being intentional with some goal in mind, generally some conspiracy nature, when in reality it's just some idiot along the line who fucked up

Also you get a lot of right wing people with no knowledge of it all who just say "well we'll bomb them, no problem" with no knowledge of what that fully means or entails

The first one is to me generally more annoying because I see people sharing these conspiracy memes on Facebook. I used to try to discuss with these people based on my experience in the military what probably happened. This is not to say that no conspiracy theory is right but often I think they make presumptions regarding intent that are not accurate
>>
meanwhile wars in Europe lasted 30 years in a stretch and everyone had to be drafted

that "turned Sweden off" to war and lead us onto the current cuck path
>>
>>52353350
Profit for lords. You can not understand that.
>>
>>52354164
actually it was russia that cucked sweden then u had bernadotte the biggest coward in the grand armee as ur absolute monarch
>>
>>52354312
Nope, that happened several kings later
Stick to knowing about your own... "history" and leave European history to Europeans.
>>
>>52353350
The government has become better at subtly controlling the population.
>>
>>52353350
Did you miss the raction to Obama's Syrian intervention proposal?

Americans are still against war. We're just ao disconnected from the process now.
>>
File: kebab hand signals.png (1 MB, 916x1322) Image search: [Google]
kebab hand signals.png
1 MB, 916x1322
I feel that Americans have it's own military class disconnected from the general public. The officers will continue to fight among themselves for promotions as they had ever since the founding of this country. The Enlisted will continue to get shuffled in and out of the constant meat grinders. The general public will continue not giving a fuck until it affects them personally.

Only when a serious event like 9/11 will give US a national will to wage war.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.