[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Studying Abroad: Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: AoOAqrih.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AoOAqrih.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
Costs a LOT of money, but you're only young once. I'm in 3rd year right now, will finish my undergrad without taking any loans since I'm busting my ass off.

Should I do my master's abroad? How much did cost you?

I really want to, but the idea of taking a fuck load of loans out is turning me off.
>>
>>52347445
Bump
>>
>>52347445

Your university probably has programs where you can do one semester abroad. Exchange student.
>>
File: 1375138007027[1].gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1375138007027[1].gif
20 KB, 633x758
>you're only young once
>>
Germany has free education, I've been studying german since I finished highschool and applied and got accepted in a german university, but I got fucked with the visa requirements therefore I'm reapplying in 2016
They have courses in english n' shieet
>>
>>52347651
How did you go about doing this? How's your German?

Just curious, but I'm leaning towards Britbongistan
>>
>>52347744
All alone, but universities always help their students with semesters abroad
B1 or so
is a semester abroad actually meaningful to your career? why an english speaking country?
>>
>>52347445
>be 19
>hate university it's a meme
>go to community college have plans to switch to local university after finishing gen ed
>tfw don't want to hang around with high school friends, want to make new friends and move on with life
>no friends at community college
>missing out on so much youth
>sit in room and program video games in the hope that I might make enough to take a vacation to new york
i hate my life. i just want to go and see the country before seeing the world but university is so fucking expensive.

i fucking hate you europeans with your subsidized university. i don't even want to go to university, I just want to make a startup but I have no good ideas to build a steady financial base for my more experimental ideas.

fuck this life.
>>
>>52347827
>military for couple years
>GI bill for university
>???
>profit
>>
>>52347967
I don't want to waste any more of my life than I have to.
>>
get your degree and then a work visa. that way you're actually experiencing the country instead of its student "culture"
>>
>>52347996
Idk dude but that sounds like a sweet deal to me if you get a MOS you're interested in

Save up some money, get fit, go places, good experience on resume and shiet
>>
>>52347445
I could never live far away from my parents.
>>
>>52348381
For what reason
>>
>>52347445

Depends on your career prospects doesn't it. I mean €30k euros or whatever isn't that much money in the long run, you usually have a lot of time to pay it back and the interests aren't sky high.

Continental Europe has lots of easy and cheap admissions if you have language skills.

But if you just want to go abroad because it sounds cool and you have no other expectations, just go on exchange.
>>
>>52348472
I feel like this is my place, I can't even feel like home in a country that has no commieblocks, I've gone to Norway and Denmark, and even if I like the cities (Copenhagen, Bergen, Tromso), and the quality of life; I wouldn't live there, I'm like a thrall, can't let my memories go.

And my parents would be my only friends, if we're not including my non-family friend. Even if I would be able to talk English, I can't even watch females in the eye.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.