[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way for a complete newfaggot to start learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: VietnameseNotFound.png (67 KB, 971x767) Image search: [Google]
VietnameseNotFound.png
67 KB, 971x767
What is the best way for a complete newfaggot to start learning Vietnamese? There's nothing on the wikia.
>>
Just give up. You have no reason to learn anything but English
>>
not that it is a bad thing but why are you learning it? it is such an obscure language
>>
>>52320077
>not that it is a bad thing but why are you learning it? it is such an obscure language
Coworker is hookin' me up with some hot babes he knows.
>>
>>52319981
It's an extremely difficult language to learn. You can think you're saying something perfectly or just like you heard it but have your tone completely off.

I used to date a very smart Vietnamese girl who grew up knowing some Vietnamese, having relatives that were fluent, etc. She went to Vietnam for a bit to meet extended family and tried to immerse herself in the language to learn it. She couldn't even get locals to understand basic phrases. If you grew up with an English speaking tongue, it will be nigh impossible to pick up on the tones.

It's much easier to read than to speak.
>>
File: DuoViet.png (210 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
DuoViet.png
210 KB, 1360x768
What is the difference between the letter u with a dot on the bottom when this website posts it, versus when I type the letter "u" and then hit the "9" key while using a Vietnamese layout?
They look exactly the same but my text editor seems to notice a difference, since Ctrl+F for one doensn't get the other.

>character from phụ nữ is this: ụ
>u+9 = ụ
>>
File: shot0005.jpg (30 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
shot0005.jpg
30 KB, 720x304
>It's much easier to read than to speak.
Alright. Then how do I get started with that, outside of reverse Duolingo?
>>
>>52319981
>Learning sub-chink language by cucked frenchies.
>>
>>52319981
>>52322992

>Learning sub-chink language by cucked frenchise.
Can we cut the memes, friend?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.