[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Asians learn of European history in their schools? Most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: faces_of_races.jpg (142 KB, 734x959) Image search: [Google]
faces_of_races.jpg
142 KB, 734x959
What do Asians learn of European history in their schools? Most Asian countries have their own pretty rich histories to focus on teaching, so what are the highlights of Western history that they learn?
>>
File: 1450059018830.jpg (46 KB, 487x332) Image search: [Google]
1450059018830.jpg
46 KB, 487x332
>>52289604
Esto es ahora un hilo latino

Traigan las velas y que fluya el sida
>>
I can't wait until middle & high schools start using e textbooks around the world. I'd love to pirate like a Nigerian middle school history textbook to see what they're taught. Or if I spoke Spanish compare a Spanish and Mexican middle school level history textbook and stuff.
>>
Probably nothing of Brazil.
>>
they learn little compared to the west
>>
>>52289604
I teach history to humanities based high schoolers. Chinese history is my forte, but I also cover the following:
Let's see, Solon and Athenian policy, the Roman legal system along with the empire's history, Charles Martel and the rise of feudalism, we skip the rest of the Middle Ages, Renaissance and protocapitalism, Luther and the Thirty Years War, Habsburgs and shits is omitted, First and Second Industrial Revolution, we touch European imperalism, focus a lot of the English Civil War and French Revolution, skip to Marxism then WWI then interwar phrase then WWII then touch up on Marshall Plan and the divided Germany, the formation of European Union and that's about it.
>>
>>52294169
Asians know more about western history compared to Americans desu.
>>
>>52294218
How did my "desu" turn into "desu" ? Wtf!
>>
>>52294169
Oh and Henry VIII
That should be the gist of what your average high school SHOULD know about European History. The explanation for Western Roman Empire collapse is shit tho, we don't even mention Diocletian's Tetrarchy mindfuckery.
>>
>>52294218
No that's the same curriculum as the US except with English/Anglosaxon history added. Also a guilt-trip lecture about antisemitism before WW2
>>
>>52294472
We mention the Holocaust like a footnote kek
>>
Heh even the Asians cover that but for us is English history irrelevant, we don't even mention a bit of it.
>>
The shit I teach is rather Marxist in nature, for example religious and ethnic cleavages are heavily underrated. The English Civil War called in Chinese translates into English Bourgeoisie Revolution. Calvin is more or less skipped as well (muh tulip) and so forth.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.