[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
discuss
>>
Can you really say that in 2015?
>>
>>52283789
Agreed, Canada should be even a thing.
>>
Canada needs a cultural fundamentalist movement to reform its British roots.
>>
File: 1433457542791.jpg (171 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1433457542791.jpg
171 KB, 854x859
>>52283957
I wish
>>
Can't the Queen technically tell the Canadian Prime Minister to fuck off
>>
>>52284260
Her representative the Governor-General is largely ceremonial, but has has what are called reserve or prerogative powers which can be used in the event of a constitutional crisis.

So technically yes, they can dismiss the prime minister but it'd be suicide unless they had a really good reason to and the populations support.
>>
File: 1448832908049.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1448832908049.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
Serious question - whay did we tolerate the Quebecois to live in Canada once conquered? Why foster an openly hostile and disloyal population in your midst?
>>
>>52284715
They make good smoked meats.
>>
File: 1420217049547.jpg (269 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1420217049547.jpg
269 KB, 1000x1333
How are the India- I mean First Nations people treated in Canada? Better or worse than in the US?
>>
>>52284715
because one revolution in north America was enough
>>
>>52285251
Why didn't they rise up with the 13 colonies traitors and make common cause?
>>
>>52284715
>Why foster an openly hostile and disloyal population in your midst?
They weren't disloyal because the British made numerous concessions to them and earned their trust. The British Empire was unlike the French and Spanish ones in that it didn't demand cultural and religious obedience. The Brits for the most part let the various segments of their empire do their own thing as long as they contributed financially and militarily. That's what made them the greatest and most successful empire in history. Furthermore, at the time of conquest Quebec was the only part of Canada that wasn't indians and fur trading outposts. If you kicked the French people out there would have been nothing left.
>>
Canada is literally her favorite Commonwealth nation.
>>
>>52284931
Well the First Nations reservations are equally shit in both, but in terms of government treatment, they have it WAY better here. They have it too good. They get a bunch of extra rights just because of MUH HERITAGE. They can hunt and fish all they want, they can get free university, and a bunch of other stupid shit.
>>
>>52285524
Quebec thought about joining the revolutionaries but a combination of war exhaustion and getting a better deal from the British kept them loyal. The Brits recognized their religious and lingual differences giving them special recognition in the 1791 constitution. If Quebec had joined the Americans they would have just been another state and likely would have lost their language. Truth be told the Brits were better at freedom than the Americans were.
>>
This video is representative of the population of all maritime provinces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M
>>
>>52285801
It's representative of all rural Canada, buddy
>>
Wish we had some Canadian wilderness here. HHNNNGGGHHHHHH.
>>
File: autism.png (1 MB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
1 MB, 800x474
If countries were people then I like to think UK and France made USA and Canada but like France got custody of Canada

and USA is all "fuck you dad" and Canada is all "papa plz notice me" and France is like "do not look at zat idiot he ees a deadbeat"
Australia is USA's tan, outdoorsy half brother
>>
She was right desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbiAHnjHlHg
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61 KB, 329x604) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
61 KB, 329x604
>>52285251
Don't worry, we'd have had England's back if you canucks ever got too rowdy
>>
>>52286216
Well sheeeit, I had no idea that happened.
>>
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuVsHt3rBnc
>>
>>52285737
They were given religious and language concessions before the revolutionary war, they didn't want to jepordize a good thing.
>>
>>52286216
>you canucks

It was a group of a hundred people. It was literally nothing and wasn't supported by the population
>>
File: 1361860512686.png (92 KB, 467x455) Image search: [Google]
1361860512686.png
92 KB, 467x455
>>52286480
Should have written a letter, eh. It'd be more polite.
>>
>>52286216
>implying the usa wasn't secretly aiding patriote shits and that they didn't gladly take in lower canada "exiles"
>>
>>52286216
the lower Canada rebellion was organised in the united states you goof.
hell, during the reactionary war the US tried to invade Quebec with support from Canadian fighters. they made it through the st Lawrence valley without encountering any resistance but then tried to attack Quebec city (basically a fortress city) in winter. you can guess how well that went

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Canada_(1775)
>>
>>52287699
revolutionary*
>>
God save the queen and long may she reign tbqhwy
>>
>>52283789
Well Canada is sure a disappointment when you compare it to the US. What are you good at except being libfags?
>>
File: cuck cruiser 2.0.jpg (185 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
cuck cruiser 2.0.jpg
185 KB, 1024x685
>*woop woop*

Excuse me sirs, did I overhear people talking bad about canada?
>>
>>52288127
being civilized

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.