[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does sound quebecois for a foreigner ? Like normal frenc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: o-QUEBEC-SEPARATIST-570.jpg (77 KB, 570x312) Image search: [Google]
o-QUEBEC-SEPARATIST-570.jpg
77 KB, 570x312
How does sound quebecois for a foreigner ? Like normal french ?

Quebecois movie here.

https://youtu.be/xmr3aCAe2Dk
>>
>>52283344
like german french
>>
Ce film putain
>>
>>52287713
Suce ma queue, c'est mon topic.
>>
>>52283344
it's hard to articulate, but alot of quebecois people sound like non-native french speakers who speak the language fluently, but miss out on some of the little nuances. quebecois sounds kind of flat compared to regular french imo.
>>
>>52287993
France french and Québec french are like UK english and USA english.

Both have grown on their own in their part of the world and sorta became something different.
The way it sounds but also a word here and there.
For example "Gosse" in France is slang for kid. In Québec it's slang for testicule.

Québec french is a bit harder in the way it sounds. There's a lot of contractions and missing sounds implied when talking.

I will go: Je vais y aller.
If a Québécois is talking he'll contract it too: J'va y'aller.
There was a video of a cute french girl living in Montreal who pretty much did a whole comaprison on with France and Québec french.
Can't find it though.
>>
>>52288275
is it fair to say quebecois isn't quite as guttural as normal french?
>>
>>52287993
THE SHEIKH !
>>
>>52288523
maaan. j'habite en nord d'irlande, mais retourner a la maison et mes parents pour noël. a chaque fois sur /int/: sheikh! sheikh! sheikh!

:(
>>
>>52283344
Surprisingly pleasant to ears, but in reality it's probablity just a retarded dumbed down version of the original thing like American English, Mexican Spanish or Brazillian Portuguese.
>>
>>52283344
It does sound different. Like American english compared to British, it feels more neutral and accent-less to me.
>>
>>52288275
>>52283344
Is Quebec french seen as "peasant" accent to French people like redneck American accent and regular American?
>>
Sounds like a dumbed down version of French, especially the way they articulate the vowels.
>>
>>52287993
I have to agree. it really does not sound as pleasant to the ears as regular french or even the swiss french.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joual

>With the onset of British rule in 1760, Quebec French became isolated from European French. This led to a retention of older pronunciations, such as moé for moi and expressions that later died out in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French
>>
>>52283344
Outside Quebec we're taught Parisian French so we sound more educated to the rest of the world.

But then again outside Quebec everyone speaks God's chosen language anyway so French is pretty useless.
>>
>>52283344
Intonation is flatter I guess, French French sounds more passionate.
>>
Like French spoken by people who don't modulate their voice as much.
So kinda like US vs.UK English.
>>
>>52290343
Chiac speaker here

>tfw sound retarded in french and english
>>
>>52283344
also this movie looks good honestly
>>
>>52290474
>>52287993
>flat
How is possible ? For a french like me, québécois french sounds more accentuated while french is straight.
>>
Like a nastier sounding French
>>
>>52290989
Learn2americandialects. They tend to be phonetically simpler so people who's not familiar with the language find them more neutral and less extravagant. Join the former colonizers club, we all know that pain.
>>
>>52289160
That's normal Quebec French in this movie. It's not internationalized.
>>
>>52290343
I've never met/hear a Canadian outside Quebec who speak like a Parisian. They pretty much don't exist. It goes from like Quebec to absolutely disgusting (chiac).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0Mabv2hmM

What do you think of this Quebqt?
>>
>>52283344

I can't tell the difference between any French dialects. It is all overwhelmingly nasally to me.
>>
>>52292270
Jean Blaguin, humoriste.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.