[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange traditions from your country. I'll start: &quo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 21
File: IMG_0238.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
Strange traditions from your country.

I'll start: "cantus" - it's a tradition of student clubs with strict rules where you sing and drink on command. If you don't obey you get punished by drinking beer. Some songs have very special tasks like the "Pappenheimer".

It's very rare to see it on youtube but here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkxKTZb7OMA
>>
the punishments are either a shitton of beer, or it's a very disgusting punishment or very messy or very perverse.

you can find a list of the punishments here: http://kda.wikia.com/wiki/Lijst_van_cantusstraffen

Some translations:

>Ad schoendum
empty glass in your shoe then drink beer from shoe

>Dobbelsteen
you have to roll dice and then drink the number of pints (that's 33 cl).

>Kangoeroe
you have to drink while jumping

>De Zevensprong
you have to drink 7 pints within 7 minutes (that's 2.3 liters of belgian beer, enough to knock out all americans wannabe light-beer drinkers)
>>
>>52273609
get naked in a public place is a sub-human thing
>>
>>52273609
Godverdomme, wat heb ik een hekel aan kanker corpskneuzen
>>
>>52273867
you didn't call us barbars for nothing, now go back to mamma you pussy
>>
File: absol.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
absol.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>52273609
>belgium
>>
>>52273636
>you have to drink 7 pints within 7 minutes
enjoy throwing up a liter of liquid cause your stomach literally cant handle that much carbonation in that little amount of time unless youre obese, you weird fucks
>>
>>52274264
the end goal is pretty much to overdose and pass out.

so I'd say it's very fitting.
>>
>>52274308
>passing out from drinking beer
>calling americans wannabe drinkers

kek
>>
File: tripel_hop_2015_1_4.jpg (157 KB, 596x872) Image search: [Google]
tripel_hop_2015_1_4.jpg
157 KB, 596x872
>>52274353
>american beer is so fucking weak you can't pass out from it

I bet you couldn't even finish one glass of Duvel you faggot
>>
Watching Donald Duck on television on Christmas Eve

One third of the population watch it at 3 PM every December 24
>>
>>52274438
When I was in uni I generally drank 750 ml of vodka before I went out but yes I think that extra 2% apv would fuck me up
>>
>>52274264
I'd just ask for my beer to be extra small and foamy
>>
>>52274515
750 ml of 40% = 300 ml ethanol

7x 33cl of 7% = 160 ml ethanol

So basically you'd be wasted after a single (SINGLE) punishment and you'd get knocked out after 2.

Faggot, that means you wouldn't last half an hour at a cantus.
>>
>>52274705
i said before i went out, i kept drinking for the next six hours

if you wanna talk like you're some hardman when it comes to drinking you might wanna make sure that you aren't a pussy continental western european first. anglos and slavs are the only white people who can drink.
>>
>>52274786
>anglos and slavs are the only white people who can drink.
>anglos

Nope. You're a laughing stock even here.
>>
>>52274896
well considering you'd have to be a fairyboy to want to go to scandinavia i am willing to believe your experiences at this juncture
>>
>>52274438
>duvel
enf enf hngg
probably the best (and only) thing belgians invented
>>
>>52274786
Stop
>>
File: Sohardcore.jpg (13 KB, 281x202) Image search: [Google]
Sohardcore.jpg
13 KB, 281x202
>>52274786
This means you must have a bodyweight of at least 2 tonnes. Amerifat detected (or your vodka was just applejuice, or you made that shit up because you are an underaged faggot who's never even seen alcohol).
>>
File: fatamerican.jpg (29 KB, 553x490) Image search: [Google]
fatamerican.jpg
29 KB, 553x490
>>52274993
Nope, just not a pussy
>>
>>52274961
we also invented the saxophone, and underage girls.
>>
File: 410729.gif (3 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
410729.gif
3 MB, 400x226
>>52275046
>>
>>52275048
neither of those are great desu (to be honest)
>>
>>52274950
>fairyboy
>>52275046
please tell me this isn't you

That body is the literal definition of being a "fairyboy": slender but with zero muscle definition. Onset gyno that will become visible if you tack on mass.That is a girl's body.
>>
>>52275134
It's a matter of taste I guess. For instance, I don't like white flags either.
>>
>>52275046
swole as fuck bro
>>
>>52275167
fuck u m8 i'll invade you right now if yuo say just one more thing
>>
>>52275143
I just posted that cause he called me fat, if you are talking about drinking beer like you're such a good drinker and calling out Americans on it, i'm gonna respond cause that's ridiculous
>>
File: faggot.png (11 KB, 444x409) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
11 KB, 444x409
>>52275233
according to my calculations, you are a lying faggot and you have never been near alcohol in your entire life.

>protip: with 5 promille you go into coma and die
>>
>>52275204
>croisant
>in charge of invading belgium

see you at waterloo faggot.
>>
>>52275344
Start drinking after dinner at ~5:30, go out around 10-10:30. Not sure why you'd think that I was talking about slamming 26 or so shots in 2 hours.

Also, calculations like that do not take into account for alcohol tolerance.
>>
>>52275413
fuk u u weren't even at waterloo
>>
File: megafaggot.png (12 KB, 437x414) Image search: [Google]
megafaggot.png
12 KB, 437x414
>>52275484
still dead, faggot.

You can drop the act now babyboy, maybe go eat something before you float away with the wind
>>
>>52275554
The Flemish lion was, and the Flemish lion lives inside every Vlaming.

ZE ZULLEN HEM NIET TEMMEN!

>reminder that your national animal is a fucking chicken
>>
>>52275484
>I don't know what BAC is

While these calculators usually do worst case scenarios like -.10/hr death occurs at .40 BAC

t. DUI expert
>>
>>52275565
nope, if someone can do this what i am saying is quite possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCVIcRPfoQU
>>
>>52275677
>his national emblem is a peeing little boy
>>
>>52275688
It doesn't take into account heavy alcohol tolerance, google highest BAC recorded living person. (Hint it's .914)
>>
>>52275711
>he bases his drink knowledge on youtube videos

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha I can't, I simply can't hold it anymore.

Are you really this retarded? either it was water or he puked as soon as the vid ended.
I bet you believe the earth is 6000 years old as well right?

>this fucking guy

>>52275732

No, our emblem is a fire breathing lion.

manneke pis is a scam to get $$$ from stupid tourists.
>>
File: 1441862096568.png (678 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1441862096568.png
678 KB, 900x900
>>52275896
>I bet you believe the earth is 6000 years old as well right?
nice meme, sorry you aren't as hardcore as you thought you were with your strange belgian rituals
>>
>>52275835
>people have miraculously survived 30% higher BAC than I did before I went out to drink for 6 more hours

>this totally proves I am not lying guys!

yeah, no. You're a faggot.
>>
>this thread
>>
>>52275835
Alcohol tolerance is the ability to not act drunk while being intoxicated. Booze is booze and cam only be removed at a limited rate. There have only been a handful of cases of above .40 without hospitalization and those are in dodgy places like eastern europe.
>>
File: disgust.gif (83 KB, 395x281) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
83 KB, 395x281
>>52273636

>empty glass in your shoe then drink beer from shoe

Christ, what a shit fucking nation. Not only completely taken over by muslims, not only with stupid ass laws like no freedom of panorama, but also with fucking disgusting people apparently as well.

Someone should do you a favor and end your misery as a country. Netherlands could probably use some more territories.
>>
Americans can't drink worth shit, it's a known fact. The Dutch/Belgians/Germans can drink, I've seen it first hand. Some Dutch kid living in our frat house can fucking pound alcohol, he's as good as us, maybe better. But he's always talking about his student clubs in the Netherlands and it sounds like they gave him a lot if opportunities to drink, similar to what OP talked about.
>>
if you like a girl you are supposed to piss on her to mark her
>>
File: 1449176991944.gif (3 MB, 132x216) Image search: [Google]
1449176991944.gif
3 MB, 132x216
Between the UK, Germany, and Belgium, the Belgians definitely have the best tolerance for alcohol. It makes sense though because Belgian beer is amazing. What do Belgians think of Brugge? When I was there I loved it.
>>
>>52275947
we all know you're making shit up, no need to keep pretending. baby
>>
>discussion about alcohol
>Finland not mentioned
I've always thought that drinking is the only thing Finns are known for.
>>
File: 1450219671963.jpg (72 KB, 651x768) Image search: [Google]
1450219671963.jpg
72 KB, 651x768
>>52275046
lol
>>
>>52273609

We have kolęda. Every january your priest come to your house to inspect if you are a good catholic, if your children religion notebook is complete and if you live according to catholic laws. After that, he takes money from you (you might not give him money, but then he will note that down) and leaves.
>>
>>52276280
>Brugge

It's where old people go to die.

Leuven/Antwerpen is where the party's at. Mainly Leuven.

>>52276414
no offense finbro, I know you and the Czechs are insane-tier. It's just this stupid fucking amerishit that has kept me busy so I couldn't talk about other nations.
>>
Seasoned drinker here :^) We get pretty annihilated every weekend.

Most young students over here play "Ring of Fire". It's girl-tier, you pretty much don't have to drink much. Gay game.

Sometimes we play "Centurion", which is where you drink a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Adjust strength of beer accordingly for different player levels.

"Wizard Sticks" is pretty cool. You start with a can of beer/cider and once you've finished it you duct tape the empty can to the bottom of your fresh drink, creating a Wizard Stick. Every 5 levels you encounter a boss and defeat him by drinking a few shots of a hard spirit to progress to a new rank. At this stage you get to create a New Rule that all of the lesser wizards with shorter sticks than yours must follow. Then when you go out you must take your wizard stick with you all night.

"Paraletic" is the king of drinking games. We play it most Fridays. In Stage 1, the dealer starts out by saying "Red or black" to the person to his left and goes around the circle this way. If you guess wrong, you do a fair swig of your drink know as "a finger", if you get it right, you nominate someone else to do the swig. Then the dealer repeats this with the question "Higher or Lower?" in reference to the card you already have (from red or black), and then the final card is is "Inbetween or out?" (of the two cards you have). You then repeat this Stage until the players have 6 cards, or if you are using a custom deck (a pile of loads of decks), as many times as you want.
>>
>>52276572

In Stage 2, the dealer uses the rest of the cards to make a Pyramid on the table or floor in front of the players. It should have one card at the top, two cards below that, 3 below that, 4 below that, and 5 on the bottom row. You can add a 6th tier if you want to get really drunk. Your 6 cards from Stage 1 become your hand. The dealer then reveals a card from the bottom row of the Pyramid, if you have that card in your hand you can play it and it is worth a number of fingers equal to the row of the Pyramid it is on (for example, a card on the third row is worth 3 fingers - and you can put them all on one person if you want, or split them up between players). Multiple cards can be played to double or triple the amount of fingers you can nominate. Then once the final top card, worth 5 fingers, has been revealed, the person with the most cards left in their hand must engage in the final Stage - The Boat.

Stage 3 is only played by one person who had the most cards in their hand at the end of Stage 2. Ties can be settled any way you want. All that matters is that somebody is riding The Boat. The dealer gets all the cards together again and makes a big diamond on the floor in front of the players and the person riding the boat attempts to get from one end of the diamond to the other without hitting a face card (Ace's count as a face card), revealing one card on each row from one end of the boat to the other. If he/she hits a face card they do a number of fingers equal to the row of the diamond they are on, then the cards are replaced and they go back to square one. Keep attempting to cross the boat until they get from one end to the other without hitting a face card or you run out of cards in the deck. You can "tag" in your mates if you are really struggling but they don't have to get tagged in if they don't want to.

Then you can begin another "lap" from Stage 1 if you wish to get more drunk. Repeat as many times as necessary.
>>
>>52276543
>but then he will note that down
what happens next? creepy as fuck desu.

>>52276572
>Ring of Fire
is that like "circle of death"?

If so, I hope you used 40%-up alcohol shots, else you'll never get drunk.

>
"Wizard Sticks" is pretty cool. You start with a can of beer/cider and once you've finished it you duct tape the empty can to the bottom of your fresh drink, creating a Wizard Stick. Every 5 levels you encounter a boss and defeat him by drinking a few shots of a hard spirit to progress to a new rank. At this stage you get to create a New Rule that all of the lesser wizards with shorter sticks than yours must follow. Then when you go out you must take your wizard stick with you all night.

the... the fuck? why are englishmen so obsessed with mages and dwarfs?
>>
>drinking games above the age of 18
pls just don't
>>
>tfw I won the alcohol olympics of my uni

The only medal I have
>>
>>52276767
Agreed, just get hammered.
>>
File: 1447452400497.jpg (183 KB, 796x932) Image search: [Google]
1447452400497.jpg
183 KB, 796x932
>>52276544

Yeah, I sensed that Brugge was for much older people. Still very beautiful and relaxing. Definitely some place I could retire. I'll have to visit Antwerp and Leuven next. Also, your brewers are top notch. I brought back beer from Belgium and Gabe it to some of my American buds at uni and they all said it was gross. The girls wouldn't even drink it. Personally, I think that American beer it watered down fermented piss so I found that funny.
>>
>>52276767
the only reason I do it is because you get to ask girls dirty fucking questions and they either have to answer or drink. Either way, you're a step closer to the inside of her cunt
>>
>>52276572
Wizard sticks actually sounds pretty fun
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (21 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
21 KB, 480x600
>>52276767
>>52276853
>>
Lmao all these lame ass drinking games. In high school we would get hammered and play what are the odds. This was a guaranteed way of hooking up with at least one girl at any given party. Now at uni we just go to the bars or clubs and it's as easy as talking to girls that are here. Yall gotta realize that it's so easy to get laid in uni here
>>
>>52276855
>>52276855
It's like children, when they first taste beer they hate it and think it's too bitter.

My fav are amber beer or trippel hop.

Have you tried Kriek? It's womens beer, but tastes good desu.

>checked
>>
>The Mari Lwyd is a wassailing folk custom found in South Wales. The tradition entails the use of an eponymous hobby horse which is made from a horse's skull mounted on a pole and carried by an individual hidden under a sackcloth.
>The Mari Lwyd was a tradition performed at Christmas time by groups of men. they typically included an individual to carry the horse, a leader, and individuals dressed as stock characters such as Punch and Judy. The team would then carry the Mari Lwyd to local houses, where they would request entry through the medium of song.
>The householders would be expected to deny them entry, again through song, and the two sides would continue their responses to one another in this means.
>If the householders eventually relented, then the team would be permitted entry to the house and given food and drink.
>>
>>52276965
get back to /brit/ m8
>>
>>52276965
>why are all these people having fun
>my stomach hurts
>I wish I was home drinking fish soup
>>
Anyone play liars dice or in between while drinking?
>>
>>52276693
Yeah, same game by the looks of things.

Depends entirely on the rules how drunk you get, personally I feel like there's a lot of faffing about in RoF/CoD and not much actual drinking. The only good thing about it is the grim shitmix in the middle but often the person who has to do it pussies out. Depends on who you are playing it with I guess.

If you want to get drunk, I'd say play a different drinking game, if you want to get to know the people you're with and have a few drinks, I'd say play something like "I've Never". RoF is like this awkward middle ground, I guess it's good for new drinkers because it's quite easy to pace yourself.
>>
>>52276965
>needing drinking games for any reason

I mean, sure, if you're in uni, but past college age, drinking games are rare among Americans.
>>
>>52277050
Of couse, I tried a lot of beer in Belgium and, while I don't recall it's specific name, this trappist beer I had in Brugge some really old bar was hands down the best beer I've had in my life. Kriek and trippel hop are great too. I remeber when I ordered Kriek they gave it to me in this glass with a wooden handle. I liked it, but I had no idea it was a woman's beer.
>>
>>52277302
We tried Beer Pong, it's terrible. No wonder you don't play drinking games.
>>
>>52277181
>not responding to my post
>bydlo tier drinking rituals is actually the norm in france even as adults
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>52277376
Autistic Scandinavia strikes again
>>
>tfw drinking alone
is there anything more sad
every weekend i buy my cheap vodka then i pass out in my own vomit,I tjought it helps me forget about my shit life but its the opposite
>>
>>52277451
try heroin
>>
>>52277376
no in France we just drink at the bar-tabac with friends and complain about immigrants while playing the lotto

>>52277451
I do that too except alcohol is the only thing that makes me happy :^)
>>
>>52277373
Post-college, a lot of drinking-related fun is mellowed out, unfortunately.

Most of the time I drink with pals these days, it's just in a social setting where people are just hanging out. Raging parties died off with college due to the negative stigma of alcoholism past college.
>>
>>52277429
>actually having a conversation is autistic compared to following drinking game rules about what you can say and do
m8
>>
>>52277614
The whole night is for talking, nothing beats getting your mates smashed before hand.
>>
>>52276693

>what happens next?

Depends on the priest, really. If he's a good priest he will come to your house nexy year anyway. If he's a shit priest, he may not come or treat you worse than other people - or tell your neighbours. That's why people around here usually pay him, even if they are poor as fuck.
>>
>>52276079
Was going to post this.
>>
>>52273609
>getting "punished" by drinking more
t. land of cunts
>>
>>52275344
>>52275565
website?
>>
>>52277990
http://www.calkoo.com/?lang=3&page=44
>>
File: eviltwincoquetelmolotovipa.png (624 KB, 528x774) Image search: [Google]
eviltwincoquetelmolotovipa.png
624 KB, 528x774
>>52274705
>7%

shut the fuck up wafflenigger, that's fucking easy shit

don't pretend to be hardcore because you can handle something mildly stronger than fucking pbr in large amounts
>>
>>52275565
>>52275344
this thing has to be bullshit, my parents used to go through almost a liter each of 100proof shit in less than 5 hours and they never got close to being dead
>>
>>52278211
7% is a slightly strong beer. I wasn't trying to imply that was exceptional.

Also, here we see the typical american product, that completely shits over quality, tradition and flavor just to make a "badass extreme beer" called "molotov cocktail" brewed by the "evil twins".

Laughable.

Any beer over 10% alcohol content is just shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 495x347) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 495x347
>>52278037
This... doesn't seem right.
>>
>>52278477
why not? if a fatass drinks half a bottle of vodka during 5 hours he is drunk as fuck.

That's what 2.3 means, being shitheaded.
>>
File: 1400246085164.jpg (76 KB, 1033x765) Image search: [Google]
1400246085164.jpg
76 KB, 1033x765
>>52278466
>any beer over 10% alcohol content makes me pass out too fast

sm᠎h tb᠎h fa᠎m
>>
>>52278563
hello manlet friendo
>>
>>52278563
>90
>fatass
C'mon, nigger, that's mean. I'm just big boned ;_;

>drunk as fuck
Actually walked back home just fine.
>>
>>52278363
all depends on body weight.

100 proof is 45-50%. If your dad wasn't a skinny faggot he'd just be drunk like >>52278477

>>52278587
why the fuck would I drink >10% beer? are you retarded? tastes like crap. Just go for the liquor instead.
Retard.

>>52278681
how the fuck do you deduce from that comment I made about someone else than I'm a manlet? are you allright? drunk perhaps?
>>
>>52278759
>90 kg equals to a fatass
this is manlet logic
>>
>>52278745
of course you can walk while drunk ... that's normal...
>>
>>52278211
>muh microbreweries
>>
>>52278813
I'm 1.83 and weigh 72 Kg, so unless you are 190 up 90 kg means you have either lots of fat or are ripped as fuck.
>>
>>52278891
you are built like a qt tbqh
>>
>>52278891
or maybe he's skinnyfat
>>
>>52273609
we like to fuck up europe
>>
>>52278835
when the alternative is PBR or Rolling rock I don't have much of a choice

i would rather just not drink than drink that shit
>>
>>52278891
I'm 183 and I'm 98kg
I'm built though
I can squat 180kg 3x5
>>
damn why the fuck would you pour beer into your shoes. . i mean damn man. damn
>>
>>52273609
Strange tradition in US....hmmmmm

definitely going to have to go with the sideshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vgb3pD3B7k

this is where the friendly urbanites of Oakland get together to appreciate cars, large buttocks, and loud music

:D
>>
>>52279295
you wouldn't, that's why it's a punishment
>>
>>52279342

you're required to recite these lyrics to get into one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4d7UwaNrIQ
>>
all these people talking about beer, and I'm just sitting here thinking about the time I drank half a glass of really redneck moonshine when I was 15 and couldn't see for a week
>>
>>52275413
The battle started by some Britishfags and won by Germans ?

>tfw Belgium is the battlefield of Europe and nothing more
>>
>drinking the liquid jew
Enjoy your dead brain cells
>>
File: 1408109293962.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1408109293962.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>52278466
>Any beer over 10% alcohol content is just shit.

One of the best beers I've ever had was a trappist beer that was 18%
>>
>>52279425
>and couldn't see for a week
Like literally blind?
>>
>you get punished by drinking beer
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.