[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Houses of world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tor tor tornado.jpg (122 KB, 760x470) Image search: [Google]
tor tor tornado.jpg
122 KB, 760x470
What is wrong with USA and building houses?
I mean, searisly, uragans, tornados etc and you build a house from fucking wood?

Post pictures of houses in your country, if there are traditional and specific, better...
>>
better question is why would you live in a place that gets ravaged by nature every year at a predictable time and place.

I don't understand it.
>>
>>52246686
>uragans
>>
File: 20150922_111027.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150922_111027.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Can't build new houses out of wood anymore in Florida because of hurricanes.

Pic related are some new homes being built near me
>>
>>52246907
cause else the terrorists win
>>
>>52246686
>uragans
I could understand searisly, but this threw me for a loop. It's hurricane
>>
>>52246984
kek, i know, i know, my eanglish is one big uragan. But I (and not only me, a lot of people near me) really never understand that.
>>
>Earthquakes at the West
>Hurricanes and tornadoes at the East

By that logic you couldn't live almost anywhere in the US
>>
>>52247036
West coast here. I lived on a fault line and never experienced an earthquake that did any damage. They are very rare, and living there is perfectly safe 99.99999% of the time. Hurricanes, on the other hand happen multiple times a year. Crazy fucking east coasters.
>>
>>52247036
I mean, you could, but you should adapt. I mean, wooden house in uragan are, really? Japan have problem with earthquakes but they build with that in mind...
>>
>>52247221
area*
>>
>>52246907
>better question is why would you live in a place that gets ravaged by nature every year at a predictable time and place.
Because your ancestors hated Europe more than they loved their lives.
>>52246964
are those made out of concrete or something? Also, took ya long enough.
>>
>>52247221
I don't know for hurricanes, but for tornados as far as I understood it doesn't matter if you build your house with wood, concrete or bricks, a tornado will tear it apart anyways, so they just go for the cheapest and easier to rebuild.
>>
>>52247750
Aha, I undestand, we live in ilusion that material would make difference. Ty.

I just remeber one story from Bosnia. Grandfather of my friend (refuge now) build a concrete house in Bosnia before war. I war muslim burend it down and it still stand there (exept roof and stuff in there).
>>
>>52248395
In war*
muslims*
what the fuck is wrong with me? oh yeah, it is 2:37...
>>
>>52248395
>(refuge now)
good
>>
>>52248546
Msm, izbeglica, znas vec... ima ih pun kurac iz rata, ali ima kucu i to...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.