[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone who has been in the military? how was the air intake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: K1_gasmask.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
K1_gasmask.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
anyone who has been in the military?

how was the air intake of your gas mask?
worst Korean one has small intake
so you get really sleepy when you wear it

I actually liked it because it was cool when i wore it but lots of people did not like it

how was yours?
>>
>>52244909
don't they test to see how long you can last in tear gas or some shit? I was watching a korean reality show about kpop stars in the army. was pretty funny
>>
we don't use it.
armies are expendable, we're IRL zergs
>>
File: YA_NP_20130524_00770407.jpg (108 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
YA_NP_20130524_00770407.jpg
108 KB, 650x430
>>52244968
Yeah we do
It's quite painful but not more than marching mountains
>>
>>52244909
Really hard to breathe in ours, not to mention running
>>
>>52245161

Yeah running was so painful when wearing it
Maybe all gas masks are same except the American one
I heard its much better than worst Korean one
>>
>>52245135
how tough is the korean army? my friend got conscripted and he's pretty much NEET lifestyle and is short and barely exercises.
>>
File: GenServResptor_GSR.jpg (146 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
GenServResptor_GSR.jpg
146 KB, 960x640
Not in the army, but people I know who are say they're light, comfy, and because it has two, fairly large intakes its easy to breath with
>>
>>52245244

It's different in every unit
Air force is quite easy compared to army you dont have to march in the mountains
except when you are in the boot camp

You have to renew paint often in the navy so you get bad chemicals in your nose there

I worked in Air force recon unit and it was quite nice.
>>
>>52245319

Two intakes, looks cool
>>
>>52245364
yea it's fairly new
We've had pic related since the early 80's and it apparently wasn't that bad, but apparently the GSR handles the extreme heat and cold much better and it has a drinking tube.
We have only had the new one since 2010
>>
>>52245584
gotta say the la85 is a sexy gun. and with a2 it's proper good now isn't it
>>
Ours were terrible. The eyeholes fogged and you could barely breathe. Doing exercises in them were excruciating.

But they subjected us to CS, so you knew what happened if you took it off.
>>
>>52245911
Isn't the Cs exposure a marine thing?
>>
File: Archivfoto ABC Alarm.jpg (357 KB, 1005x694) Image search: [Google]
Archivfoto ABC Alarm.jpg
357 KB, 1005x694
>>52244909
Reporting in.
I did my service in the austrian artillery.

Our masks were ok, if you set the strapsettings right. It's not that much fun but you get used to it.
ABC-Alarm (CBRN-alert) is a common "motivational" method in basictraining.
>>
>>52245319
Seems bloody horrible to shoot with, though.
>>
>>52244909
Running with a gas mask on is ASS!
You have to keep your breathing and deep and steady as possible and you will develop oxygen deficiency which will cause lactic acid buildup in muscles which is a bit of a bitch.
Not doing anything physically taxing is fine though.
Did my service 2008/2009 as motorized recon infantry.
>>
File: kesk-AA_KESK_Ulvunge_2.jpg (355 KB, 1419x908) Image search: [Google]
kesk-AA_KESK_Ulvunge_2.jpg
355 KB, 1419x908
Pretty standard gas mask I guess, like the others say it's a bitch to run with. It worked fine when I was in the CS gas room, until I had to take it off.

It's a little unpractical for me since I wear glasses. Fortunately my eyesight isn't too terrible and I can function without them but you know, it's not ideal for bros with glasses.
>>
>>52244909
Gong-ik here.

Did you enjoy working as a slave?

Feels good when I dont have to wear that.
>>
File: gasmask-m40-usmc-front.jpg (36 KB, 454x604) Image search: [Google]
gasmask-m40-usmc-front.jpg
36 KB, 454x604
When I was in the Army we were trained on the M40 Pro Mask. You could breath alright, but you definitely could feel some resistance in each breath.
>>
>>52246532

all branches of the Military are exposed to CS gas.
>>
File: Suojeluhälytys! XD.jpg (63 KB, 650x443) Image search: [Google]
Suojeluhälytys! XD.jpg
63 KB, 650x443
>anyone who has been in the military?
Kyllä
>how was the air intake of your gas mask?
It was fine, it of course restricts breathing slightly but overall not that difficult to operate with. Only problem was if you got one of those too banged up cartridges then your face got covered in carbon dust during use
>how was yours?
The masks got mostly used for motivational exercises so no one really liked them due to that, but I do appreciate their functionality after we got to play with CS gas. The 12km ski march followed by decon procedure exercise however was a bitch.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.