[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post regional food that you think others don't know. Schäufele
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: schäufele.jpg (67 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
schäufele.jpg
67 KB, 599x450
Post regional food that you think others don't know.

Schäufele is a traditional dish from the south of Germany. It is made from the pig's shoulder meat, which gives the dish its name, "Schäufele", or the pig's scapula.
In Franconia the meat, the pork rind and the bone are scratched in a criss-cross pattern, seasoned with salt, pepper and caraway and put in a casserole dish with diced root vegetables and onions where it is doused with beer and roasted in the oven for about two or three hours. The roast is ready as soon as the meat is easy to separate from the bone and the pork rind is crispy and golden brown. It is then served with various side dishes including gravy, Kartoffelklöße, salad, sauerkraut, red cabbage and savoy cabbage.
>>
Just moved and nnow am living literally only 10 meters away from a very good schäuferle. Still in a big City and Not too expensive. It's heaven.
>>
File: tripas_a_moda_do_porto.jpg (55 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
tripas_a_moda_do_porto.jpg
55 KB, 680x380
>>
File: sirdan_499607.jpg (270 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sirdan_499607.jpg
270 KB, 1600x1200
This is called Şırdan.It is made from the sheeps 4th stomach and filled with spicy rice.Eaten exclusively in adana.
>>
>>52239308
>It is made from the sheeps 4th stomach
>wat

can u eat like all of it
>>
>>52238881
As with many classic American dishes many of them have german origins. What you call Schaüfe in germany we call pulled pork or just pork shoulder. Its cooked in the exact same way, but afterwards we tend to add barbecue sauce and eat in between a bun or two pieces of bread.
>>
>>52239092
Btw a very common mistake I see with germans who write in english that often goes uncorrected is the capitilization of words that don't require it. Only capaitlize words that are at the beginning of a sentence or in a proper noun, which are used when referring to specific places or things. Saying "I went to the city" is correct but if you want to specify where you were going you'd say "I went to Berlin".
>>
>>52241014
btw a very common mistake i see with murricans is that they failed to learn a second or third language
>>
>>52241673
I know german thats why I want to help this guy
>>
>>52241673
wow rude.

he was just correcting him so he has a chance to become a better english speaker.
>>
>>52242461
Ja wirklich und auf was für einem Niveau bist du der deutschen Sprache mächtig, mein lieber transatlantischer Freund?
>>
>>52241673
t. Herr Barbosa
>>
>>52241014
Since he capitalised 'not' I'm going to assume his German autocorrect recognised those words as nouns and he's too lazy to go back and correct it.
I'd recommend all polyglots (and Germans in particular since it gets annoying to read after a while) to get a keyboard app that can use multiple languages at the same time. I personally use swiftkey for Dutch, English and German, and it just werks desu.
>>
Thank you based neighbor anon - well analyzed. Damn Windows phone won't even let me upload my pic of the Schaufel or reply to one of your answers directly
>>
File: Farofa_brazil[1].jpg (319 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Farofa_brazil[1].jpg
319 KB, 2304x1728
Farofa.
Delicious.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.