[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bonobos are conscient about their existence and can learn a language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7
File: bonobo.jpg (75 KB, 585x390) Image search: [Google]
bonobo.jpg
75 KB, 585x390
Bonobos are conscient about their existence and can learn a language of about 200 words

They solve their troubles having sex and all the decisions are approved with a kind of assembly of the oldest female (the leader)

Why don't you love bonobos?
>>
>>52209746
yea i wanna fuck one
>>
But I do love Bonobo
https://youtu.be/N7m86aMNjlQ
>>
>>52209896
MUH NIGGA
U
H

N
I
G
G
A
>>
Isn't the whole "bonobos are perfect" meme mostly exaggerated by feminists trying to disprove the people that always resort to animal metaphors to explain human behavior because bonobos are just as close to humans as chimpanzees?
>>
>>52209963
Maybe

but they're awesome
>>
File: 1450241670235.jpg (63 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1450241670235.jpg
63 KB, 500x558
>>52209949
Yeeee, saw him in Santa Barbara m80
Top notch desu
>>
>>52209963
A bit
Bonobos aren't perfect obviously, but I think that they disprove the "we're inherently violent, just look at our close ancestors the chimps!" Crows.
>>
>>52209963
Bonobos can be mean sometimes, but they at least they don't tend toward things like this:

https://youtu.be/CPznMbNcfO8?t=177
>>
Pedophilia is common among bonobos

just saiyan
>>
Comparing humans and chimps is almost as dumb as comparing humans and dogs.
>>
>>52210122
Nothing wrong with that; only humans can consent.
>>
>>52210122
Just because they have sexual relations with young bonobos doesn't mean that they're actually sexually attracted to them, to them sex is almost like having a conversation for us.

>>52210141
This, I wish this meme would end.
>>
Just watched a video about a woman who was raising a Bonobo baby and there was high hopes that the baby would be able to communicate with humans on an unprecedented level.

Then I read an article dated a year later about how she lost her shit and started to hear puppies speaking english and thought people were hiding in the bushes to slash her tires

would be nice if there was a way to try again without someone going batshit
>>
>>52210141
no one compared them

go fuck your bible
>>
>>52210207
Google the foxp2 gene. Apes already have retarded level human IQs and should be able to learn languages but they don't have particular ability for it. Or the vocal cords.
>>
>>52209746
You should see niggers. They can practically drive cars.
>>
>>52210246
What is a bible?

I was making a statement. Glad to see it triggered you.
>>
>>52210141
>>52210163
If you didn't study behaviorism at the uni, you know nothing of this idiocy.
>>
>>52210272
Tell me stories.
>>
>>52210303
Some guys that digged this theory took it too striaght and compared everything human to everything animal. They didn't even take consciousness into account as "not having behavioral indicators". Some thought our *self* is just a combination of observable reactions. It works for some cases but too superficial in general and ignores many facts about our psycology.
>>
>>52210514
Well yeah. We have mental components that most animals just do not have.
>>
>there people who believe that humans are not animals
>evolution made a lot of animals and a human who has a lot of stuff, animals don't have without any specific reason.
>>
>>52209746

Whoah they are smarter than brazilians.
>>
>>52210563
Behavioral methods are very popular among American psycologyits though ::DDD
>>
>>52210566
Humans are animals but comparing the psychology or society of an animal to humans shows a lack of understanding of the huge gulf between us and them.

We and they are too different to be compared. Consider it a marvel of nature that we can be so different.
>>
>>52210633
>We and they are too different to be compared.
People compare lions and crododiles even a lion has more in common with a human than with a crodile.

I don't see anything wrong with this. You can compare whatever you want to. I didn't know there are rules what is alout to be compared.
>>
>>52210677
Psychologically there is no comparison between humans and lions.
>>
>>52210566
Faggots like you ruined this country. Humans are above every animal in this planet.
>>
What really pisses me off is that in English you differentiate apes from monkeys and there always have to be a moron that corrects you. In most other languages apes are considered monkeys, Very developed but still a part of monkey family
>>
>>52210833
monkey = british person
ape = human

very easy desu.
>>
>>52210833
Depends if you are speaking formally or not.
>>
>>52210729
>Psychologically
Lions eat and sleep.
Humans eat and sleep.

I think Lions have simply a different way to express themselfs but they follow the very same basic functions as human beans.

>>52210768
Magma ruined everything in this planet.
>>
>>52210891
I hope you are trolling now.
>>
>liking matriarchal society

what a cuck
>>
>>52210833
there is a primate which i guess can be monkey but that's not precise
>>
>>52210929
Not sure what you said. All monkeys are primates, not all primates are monkeys
>>
>>52210891
but out of basic is what defines human
at least according to the definitions so far

are we animals, yes, are we not animals, yes

animal and human don't have to be entirely exclusive, since there is no other human beyond human
>>
>>52210913
So what do you understand about terms like "Psychologically".
I mean I've heared a lot of weird stuff like humans are free, have soul, know themself etc.
A lot of hokus pokus.

There is nature, there is an evolution. And suddenly out of nothing Hughmens appeared.
Hughmens are special they don't follow the rules like everything. We are born from nature but we are more.

I simply think that if a Lion was able to see himself as something better (maybe it even does), it would do.
>>
>>52210970
exactly thus the same for ape and primate
>>
>>52210993
Well, the "hughmans" have very complex brains most animals don't.
>>
>human beings are the same as chimps

All it takes to disprove that theory is a quick look at history, for fuck sake.

If were were no different from chimps, then how come humans rule the world and build complex, differentiated societies, while chimps roll around the grass and spend their days fucking and eating ants?
>>
>>52211038
>my brain has some cells more that are the same way connected like in the brain of a lion.
>I still have more brain cells
>I am so complex

All those relative words is just a desperate try to make yourself as better than them.
Why? Why is it important that a human is "above" or "better" than the animal?

There are several good reason why. But those reasons are not science but idealism.
>>
>>52210248
Could we genetically engineer talking bonobos?
>>
>>52210993
>>52211106
Also, pigs, dogs and many other animals have complex nervous systems and are capable of forming attachments, solving simple problems, etc. Compared to a jellyfish, another animal that basically just floats around and can't feel anything they're complex.
Human capability of complex thought and conscience compared to other animals is special in the same sense that mammals are special in their capability of forming attachments when compared to simpler life forms.
>>
>>52211129
possobly
but more importantly MUH DESIGNER BABIES MUH EUGENICS NAZI OY VEY
>>
>>52209896
Seen him live several times, fantastic artist.
>>
>>52211129
theoretically possible
but complex because they would have to be trained to use it

the vocal cord does have a brainy part that controls it
>>
>>52211106
Its not "important" that humans are above or better than other animals, they just fucking are.

Took us 4 million years of evolution, but now humans are calling the shots on this planet
>>
>>52210993
Well for instance humans arnt driven to kill other peoples children instinctively. We are more likely to be instinctively driven to protect and nurture other peoples children.

Lions murder other lion's cubs. That is quite a drastic difference. Also a lion has no notion of "self" it could not comprehend it. It doesnt have the brain power or the mechanisms in the brain to do anything with it.

Just as how many apes have the IQ for language but no ability to do anything with that IQ.
>>
>>52211161
*possibly
We have a long way to go, but it could be possible in the future
http://m.slashdot.org/story/162884
>>
>>52211106
I don't think I am "better" than a lion. Better is a inappropriate word. I would kill a lion and not feel bad about it if it suited me.
>>
>>52211177
>likely to be instinctively driven to protect and nurture other peoples children.
LOL
O
L
>>
>>52211226
It's the truth. When you see a lost child you feel like helping him/her, it's a natural feeling to do so.
>>
>>52211129
There is talk of creating transgenic bonobos that have the genetic and therefore mental machinery to use language and not just their innate intelligence. Its an ethical minefield however. If a bonobo could ask to be recognized as a person a lot of people would want to give it personhood. Then what do we do with refugees? Less rights than monkeys.

They also dont have our vocal cords. That might be the more complicated part. Still messing with their brains would help with sign language.
>>
>>52211226
I would not volunteer to be a cuck but if I knew a child had no one in the world if I stumbled across it in a war zone I might share my food.

Unless it was "The Road". Then I am eating the child.
>>
>>52211212
Humans are better than any other animal
>>
>>52211319
I am not better or worse. I will still use them however I want and favor humans over animals in all situations.
>>
>>52209896
This desu
>>
>>52211177
>Well for instance humans arnt driven to kill other peoples children instinctively
I'm not sure about this. This happened a lot in the times back.

My wive cheated and brings me some children with brown eyes even me and her have blue eyes. bye bye brown eyed children and no outgoing for my wive anymore. (this is actually some stuff from germanic history)

this is very slimy, lets call it slimy, because this statement is somehow not really what it is. We will need to look more deep into this.

the rest is just as slimy.

>>52211172
So you already accepted animals as your social rivals I see. Yes you won over them.
Well done chap.

>>52211148
>>52211177
here both of you go with the "muh complex human mind" argument. Actually since animals have a different form of comunication you should compare their language (like body language and barks of dogs as a lower form of comunication that still also exists in humans to an important amount) Apes don't speak because of anatomical reasons but their way of making their ape noises is quite complex like a little language.

I mean that a human mind is able to solve more complex issues than that of a lion is clear.
I've never seen a Lion who decided to leave the savanna to become a quantum-physicist.

but what is "consciousness". I don't believe animals have this, and I believe humans are animals too. Therefore we don't have this too.
It's just anouther soul made up by sience to make us better (whyever we dno't know why).
>>
>>52211369
animals aren't a social rival, they are a biological one

humans started building societies because they figured fugg 5 of us vs 1 wolf is better odds than 1 of us vs 1 wolf

then those societies started developing when the focus shifted from defening from animals to defending from other humans
>>
>>52211369
in the science fields they generally avoid dealing with consciousness

rather they deal with waking states and comas

it is not a thing made by science to put people on a pedestal because it is ill-defined

pls you are not being objective yourself
>>
>>52211369
Humans are animals but also not animals. This isnt religious shite. Scientifically we are both animals and also not animals.
>>
>>52211369
This seems like an emotive issue for you. Could you tell me why?
>>
File: chomsky-film crop.jpg (105 KB, 981x744) Image search: [Google]
chomsky-film crop.jpg
105 KB, 981x744
>>52211369
>>
>>52209746
They look like brazillians
>>
>>52211509
>Scientifically we are both animals and also not animals.

After "Psychologically" now part two: "Scientifically" the new word without meaning. out now!

I can define myself as not an animal or as an animal. Your science can't proof any difference between animal and human. We are build like animals in every kind. We are animals. An animal cannot evolve out of itself.
You can argue phylosophically but there we are back to idealism. I say it is like this, see, it isn't, so I make it to be like this. This is the principals of Idealism. That's not a describing science. This is not about nature.
>>
>>52210833
>differentiate apes from monkeys
I didn't know we did that.
>>
>>52211622
Apes don't have tails.

In portuguese we call all, tail or not, macacos.
>>
>>52211589
Google the difference between "consciousness" and "sapience". That might help you under stand this concept more.
>>
>>52211424
>humans started building societies because they
This is wrong.

Do you count groups as societies too?
If yes then a lot of mammal anymals do this already and it isn't special to humans.

If you mean real societies like cities'n'shiiieet then it's also wrong. A lot of people in a small area are somehow forced to arange themselves you know.

We are not "together we are stronger than the Lion" we just need a little fire and the Lion will fuck off.
>>
>>52211731
You are not an animal as much as you would like to think it Germany.
>>
>>52211686
Well lets make a third term: we call it "some-concept-specific-term-234887625"

I need concepts which describe natur not concepts that discribe how superior we are.
I'm very superior btw.
We can proof this but a very big amount of concept I'll imagine if necessary.
>>
>>52211731
Man, you're being pedantic as fuck. Humans have high intelligence, can use tools, are capable of complex language and have morals, find me another animal that can do that.
>>
>>52211800
Stop being childish and Google sapience. I should have said it earlier but I have been awake for 24 hours now. I worked over night.
>>
>>52211161
>>52211165
>>52211274
http://www.pnas.org/content/111/39/14253.full
>>
>>52211842
there is a distance in identifying the gene and giving it to another organism

we can make mice grow human ears but they can't hear from it
>>
>>52211884
Its actually very easy to transfer genes now. I made transgenic bacteria in an under funded Irish college. I transferred a gene from I cant remember what to a bacteria and made it glow in the dark.

Mammalian cells are way more complicated but its decades old science to do it now.
>>
>>52211884
>Learning Is Enhanced in Humanized Foxp2 Mice When Declarative and Procedural Systems Can Be Active.
>>
>>52209746
>Bonobos are conscient about their existence
So are a great many other mammals. So what?
>can learn a language of about 200 words
Proofs?
>They solve their troubles having sex
Maybe they do sometimes, but I don't believe for a second that they wouldn't use violence on each other as well when it's more convenient for them
>>
>>52211803
>and have morals
slimy :D

>pedantic
Most people have e very strict idealistic view on the world. This is good when you are in a society with other who think the same and so all.
But this like a high disability for the needs of describing what you see and only what you see.
We need the raw material, not any idealistic concepts or whatever.
You see a stone, it is a stone. Whatever sou associate with a stone like it being hard and stony doesn't metter much. Yes humans are of high inteligence with tools and shieet. Yes that's true somehow. High is relative but well.
I'm inteligent, you are inteligent. We all (humans) are. Some more some less, some much more, some much less.

>>52211820
Well I will take a look at it....
>>
>>52209746
They're degenerate as fuck that's why I don't love them
>>
>>52211962
>They solve their troubles having sex
Ever ad a gf and argued with her (of course you didn't, you're on 4chan).
The sex after is great. Makes all those tenses gone.
>>
>>52209746
Why isn't that Portuguese man wearing pants?
>>
>>52211917
they need the organs to use that extra brain power doe
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
government mandated bonobo gfs NOW
>>
File: Anthony Freemont pointing.jpg (135 KB, 625x463) Image search: [Google]
Anthony Freemont pointing.jpg
135 KB, 625x463
>>52210207
>tfw Bonobos actually have even higher mental faculties than we ever believed and when the bonobo realized this lady was about to discover his powers he drove her insane using telepathy
>>
>>52212025
so just transplant all of chromosome 7 into a bonobo.
>>
File: 1447384333234.png (243 KB, 640x900) Image search: [Google]
1447384333234.png
243 KB, 640x900
>>52210916
>not wanting to live in society where women are in charge and men are pampered about like small babies
you are the true cuck to the patriarchy
>>
>>52209746
What part of Africa are they from?

And do they have membership of the African Union?
>>
>>52210566
Humans are way above animals, you are talking nonsense.
>>
>>52209746
isnt the correct term Aboriginal?
>>
>>52209746
I know about 200 or so words in Spanish!!! ( albeit with a Mexican accent)). Lol. Could I be a spaniard bonobo!?!?
>>
File: 1440322367844.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
1440322367844.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>52209896

based
>>
>>52210246
Humans aren't really that close to chimps, senpai, they're simply our closest living relatives.

Our nearest relatives were basically just us, but shittier.

Comparing our behaviors with chimps is very limiting.
>>
>>52215279
deep brav but read the thread we are already over it.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.