[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here walked the Way of St. James? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Way-of-St.-James-Map.jpg (1 MB, 2920x2849) Image search: [Google]
Way-of-St.-James-Map.jpg
1 MB, 2920x2849
Has anyone here walked the Way of St. James?

I was thinking of doing it this summer after I graduate. How should I plan it out?
>>
depends. Will i have to leave portugal or enter it?
>>
>>52207728
I think you can choose any route as long as you reach Santiago de Compostela
>>
>>52207728

No, thankfully.
>>
Shit. Do I need to bring cash with me, or do the Spaniards accept mastercard?
>>
File: 148800.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
148800.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
I know this is late but I'm in Santiago, ask me anything.
>>
>>52207655
Hey buddy, do you plan on walking the entire way ? I'm a native to Le Puy-en-Velay (look at Le Puy route on the French part of your map), I could therefore help you in the first stage town.

Ask me any information.
>>
>>52207655
No, but I did the Chartres Pilgrimage.

http://www.nd-chretiente.com/index-eng.php
>>
>>52209004
What are temperatures like around this time of year? How about in the summer?
I'm considering it as well but there's no way I'm walking all that in 25+°C weather 2bh.
>>
>>52209323
In all the Northern Spain the temperature is very moderate and humid in winter, rains everyday.
Also not very hot in summer, in Santiago this summer we only had 2 days with 30ºC, most of the time it barely gets more than 25ºC.

I reccomend early spring to do it.
>>
>>52207655
Camino de santiago.
You twat.
>>
I've done up until Burgos. Too many fucking Canadians and Australians tbqh

Was fun regardless despite them though. Might finish this year if the Dollar stays strong. Spain is GOAT tier
>>
>>52209562
>Was fun regardless despite them though.

fuck I can't english when drunk
>>
I haven't walked but I've taken a bus from Portugal to Santiago de Compostella. Well worth a visit.
>>
I live in a village in the Coast of Death but I stay most of the week in santiago, in summer the bus I take is fucking Babel.
I perfected my english with quite some people thanks to that.
>>
>>52209742
>the bus I take is fucking Babel.

Apologies for the cultural enrichment
>>
I'm so sad OP is gone, I almost never get to talk to foreigners, please culturally enrich me ;_;
>>
>>52209938
I talk to french people with a mix of gestures, the little french I know and writing with the fingers on the seats. Quite the accomplishment, It was fun.
>>
File: 1450075408367.png (154 KB, 309x302) Image search: [Google]
1450075408367.png
154 KB, 309x302
>>52210055
>mfw i'll never get to talk with a Spanish Christian qt in the bus
>>
>>52209153

Most pilgrims these days start at Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
>>
>>52209004

Do most locals speak English? I plan to learn a bit of Spanish before I leave, but I'm not sure if I should try to become fluent.
>>
>>52209153
>tfw you want to do Le Puy route but don't know more than 2 words of French
>>
>>52210235
No, only young people tend to speak english, but in santiago people are used to tourists from wherever. Even if they don't speak your language if you have a map and show where you wanna go they'll tell you gladly, with a very bad spanglish. But you should at least learn the basics: left, right, how much and those basic things.
>>
>>52210235
I survived with 1 semester of American high-school Spanish
>>
File: Toledo-Spain.jpg (191 KB, 900x505) Image search: [Google]
Toledo-Spain.jpg
191 KB, 900x505
Spain looks so comfy.

How easy would it be for a Canadian to culturally enrich your cunt?
>>
>>52210235
Spaniards have probably the worst grasp on English I've encountered in Western Europe. It's pretty mindboggling because the Portuguese generally have a good command of English.
>>
>>52211223
You would become a moor by the end of the month
>>
>>52211223
We were at war once and you stole our empanadas.
You don't mess with galicians and their food.
Never forgive, never forget.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.