[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Taiwan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hi int,

So I’ll be moving to Taiwan (Taipei) shortly and will begin mandarin lessons at NTU in February. I can already speak a bit due to previous trips to both Taiwan and the mainland as well as having had many Chinese speaking friends (and even a girlfriend or two).

Anyway, my goal is to find a job to sustain myself which if I’m not able to do, I’ll have to come back after 4/5 months. I have recently obtained a Bachelors in Finance from a French university and would of course like to put this to use. My main concern is my lack of experience in the field, aside from numerous internships that could potentially hinder my ability to find relative work.

If you guys have any tips/tricks/hints to finding non-teaching work in the country then that would be great. I suppose I could try networking when I’m there but I would like to do as much prep as possible.

So, to sum up: a bilingual English/French (British nationality) with a degree in finance who recently wrote a thesis on Private Equity in Emerging Markets is moving to Taiwan to experience a new lifestyle and hopefully find work. My objective is not to waste a few months acting like your typical laowai but rather to establish myself in this beautiful country and begin building a new and sustainable life.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>52172837
Are there many Arabic people on East Asia?
Good luck anywanys Abdul.
>>
>>52172909
Arabic people?
Well during my time in Hong Kong I saw quite a few, but then again you get a bit of everything in HK.
Aside from that I'm not sure.

Also just to clarify (and also bump), not Abdul, nor am I arabic. I am a caucasian from England, London who lived and studied in France.

also
>argentina
>making fun of anyone

ps. falklands
>>
>>52172837
jealously
I also want to go to Taiwan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwkWQ1pUKZQ
>>
>>52173037
>I am from England, London
Ah a paki.
>>
>>52172837
>>>/trv/
>>
>>52173037
>caucasian

Pajeet, my son...
>>
>>52173037
>from England
>will begin mandarin lessons
don't bother
>>
File: autistic swedes.png (218 KB, 1326x330) Image search: [Google]
autistic swedes.png
218 KB, 1326x330
>>52173652
/trv/ is worse than this board
>>
>>52173401
>>52173822
Lulz, nice follow up bait

>>52173652
Will possibly post there once this 404s

>>52173854
As I said I can already speak some mandarin. Perhaps I wasn't really clear though.
When I was 18 (23 now) I spent 2 months in Taiwan where i studied mandarin for 2 hours a day plus 3 hours of self study. Back in France, over the last 5 years, I've been speaking quite a bit and often start conversations when I see/hear a mandarin speaking person. Also continued to study mandarin at university through the optional courses they provided but since I had already studied the language was refused access in first year (the fuckers) but was able to attend in 2nd and 3rd years. The level was below what I had already acquired and maintained a >95% average in the course.

I'm not saying I'm fluent or anything, I definitely can't transact business negotiations in the language for example, but I'm no beginner. I would say I have an intermediate grasp, not that that means much.
>>
Those girls are obviously Japs
>>
>>52174486
>they must be Japs because wearing sailor uniform
No.

They are Taiwanese.
You can't be Asian expert.
>>
>>52174607
They all have the misaligned upper right teeth typical in many Japanese
>>
File: 1427100506779.jpg (54 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1427100506779.jpg
54 KB, 460x460
>>52175184
>implying it isnt a common trait among asians
they really all look alike
>>
>>52175184
Please keep a stereotype within bounds
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.