[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do languages sound to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: aussies.png (539 KB, 628x625) Image search: [Google]
aussies.png
539 KB, 628x625
Anybody who speaks French sounds like they have a fat shit in their mouth.
Anybody from Asia sounds like they're throwing silverware down the stairs when they speak.
Russians and Germans just sound angry, you guys calm down.
The British sound fancy and the Italians sound like drunk mexicans who slur their words.
Strayans sound like somebody with the worst Alabama accent raised a baby with somebody with the worst Cockney accent ever.
I've also been told by some asian friends that Americans sound like barking dogs, which I find fucking hilarious.
>>
I'm deaf

I can only lipread English. Everything else looks like really weird gibberish-mumbling to me.

I guess they all sound the same to me, OP
>>
>>52170570
so where you deaf your whole life?
>>
chinese sounds like those youtube parodies where you construct sentences with words taken out of corrects, resulting in the varying intonations.
>>
French is the worst language in the world because they always use their big nose to make sounds
>>
>>52172008
This
and the gay J and G
>>
>>52170445
saved

Americans with a southern accent always sound stupider even when they aren't actually
>>
before i learnt fluent english, it sounded like someone was trying to chew and swallow pebbles
>>
>>52170445
>Unironically using "The British accent" and "Cockney" in the same post
>>
>>52174828
You trying to tell me that your average brit sounds exactly like gutter trash dragged out of the Thames?
Because I always assumed cockney was the specific name for the dialect that the urchins and hookers used in London
>>
>>52170445
>>52172008
>>52174681
Thanks
>>
>>52175251
If it makes you feel any better I don't hate you for it.
I hate french canadians, because they have no excuse. They're just trying to sound fancy or something but they just look like assholes.
>>
Americans sound retarded, but I don't think it's because of the language.
>>
>>52175210
There is no "average brit" when it comes to accent
>>
File: smugsuleyman.png (259 KB, 286x406) Image search: [Google]
smugsuleyman.png
259 KB, 286x406
French and Arabic sound like the speaker is choking on the disgusting shit they ate that day
Cantonese sounds like the speaker is falling off a cliff
German sounds like the speaker is declaring war on the listener
Scandinavian languages and Latin American Spanish has the speaker trying to seduce you while carefully reaching your zipper
Portugese sounds like fucking vomiting
Those are the significant ones I can hear in my head when I think about them.
>>
>>52175418
Thats fair I guess. I usually think of the BBC accent when I think of an average bong.
>>52175414
Every russian I've heard speak sounds intoxicated.
>>
German sound like a typewriter falling down a staircase.
French sound unironically better when niggers speak it.
Spanish is hot on women, whiny on men.
>>
>>52175308
If you rate French on French Canadian accent it'd be like me saying English sounds like shit because I've heard a Tasmanian talking once
>>
>>52170445
Chinese sounds horrible 0/10
>>
>>52175749
No I think all of it sounds stupid as fuck. I'm just saying I don't hold actual frenchman accountable for that. I hold french canadians accountable for the fact that they have no business speaking french.
>>
>>52175581
>French sound unironically better when niggers speak it

Lol what
All the niggers I see sound like their mouths can't adapt to French, they gotta pause before some words to be able to pronounce them properly, a lot can't say our "r" and even more add weird African slangs to their sentences, it's garbage
And I'm talking about the average black, not our rappers who speak with far less accents
>>
>>52175819
>I hold french canadians accountable for the fact that they have no business speaking french.

b-but they're "French Canadians"
>>
>>52170445
my french cousin is a down syndrome case (I have others but he's the one who does this)
and he does this "trick" where he "speaks english fluently"
Literally just yammers on
>Blash shib bow da bob, wak in da sown abod
So apparently, english sounds like a bunch of consonants surrounding vowels randomly
>>
>>52170445
Americans either sound stupid or irritating. I prefer the ones who sound stupid.
>>
>>52174814
Underrated post
>>
>>52175819
You're pretty dumb, my American friend
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 415x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 415x303
French sounds like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of it's mouth

Strayans are easy to understand and talk like what I imagine northern must sound to American southerners

I can't understand the London accent to save my fucking life but everywhere else sounds ok

Germans speak their guttertongue like I just asked to have an African colony on the house. Calm the fuck down.

Italians sound like they're singing Spanish

Spanish sounds like it should be building my pool

Polish sounds like someone left their electric razor on in the bathroom

Russian either sounds like a bottle of stoli is lodged in their mouth, or they sound drunk. Probably both.

Arabic sounds like what I imagine the noises one would make while being slowly sucked into a woodchipper.
>>
>>52176293
American English sounds like "w" and then you throw random vowels and chew most the word, leading to something like "wewewoowewawu"
Add intonations to some of the "w" since English feels the need to accentuate their words , also a bunch of "ohmygod" very fast and that's it
I'm not even memeing
>>
>>52176458
Sounds like you went to california or new york. Is that correct?
>>
>>52176568
I'm from NYC although my mom is off the boat from france, see my post >>52176028
He hasn't had much contact with americans outside of subtitled movies (the dubs make him uncomfortable for some reason)
>>
>>52176568
I've been to California, New York, Nevada, Arizona, Florida, Utah, and a bunch of other states in which I couldn't stop tb.h
I know there are several accents, but same with French so I described the "regular" American accent
>>
>>52170445

Arabic sounds like someone choking and didn't bother getting rid of it.

german sounds like a madman giving orders to a bunch of peasants

french in general just sounds retarded

chinese: loud and annoying whispers

russian is sounds like two drunkards thought it was a great idea to make a language for their own only to be shared against other drunkards [spoiler]and it worked[/spoiler]
>>
>>52176293
>Polish sounds like someone left their electric razor on in the bathroom
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52176706
>He hasn't had much contact with americans outside of subtitled movies (the dubs make him uncomfortable for some reason)

I still haven't decided if I'm going to take the bait...Alright fuck it

>Be American
>Make retarded statements about how other languages sound
>Can't handle it when someone who's actually been in his country reveal it sounds mostly like shit
>>
>>52176761
that's kind of true, except for when they curse
Polish girls are so fucking hot though...
>>
>>52176848
I'm not dude, I'm agreeing with you
My cousin with downs syndrome agrees with you and he's french
My mother is off the boat french
I'm agreeing, but apparently you can't read.
My cousin is uncomfortable with dubbed movies because the mouths don't make the same sounds as the voices so he only watches subtitled movies, and he feels like you feel about american accents
Also, most actors in the US speak with a Midwestern dialect (even aussies for some reason) and it STILL sounds the same way to him...
So it completely disproves that guy's theory about NYC or california being the culprits
>>
>>52176848
I think you think that I'm >>52176948 this guy -> >>52176568 , I'm not
>>
File: proof 2.png (62 KB, 1171x723) Image search: [Google]
proof 2.png
62 KB, 1171x723
>>52177005
proof
>>
>>52176948
Alright obviously there's misunderstanding, but here >>52176706 it wasn't clear at all you were talking about your cousin, it sounded like you were talking about me to another anon, saying I hadn't had much contact with American and hence my interpretation of American accent
Those 2 posts >>52176568
>>52176706
look like they are from 2 different people
>>
>>52176759
Is Tagalog the Phillipines's official language?
>>
>>52170445
I like Spanish, Portugese sounds like retarded Spanish.
I like French, studied it a bit in uni, but I've forgotten pretty much all of it.
English can sound nice depending on who's speaking it, or it can be one of the most annoying languages when spoken by asians or indians.
Dutch sounds like angry retarded English.
German is ok imho.
Italian is cool.
Serbian sounds amusing, but I'm glad our language is different.
Macedonian is just south-west Bulgarian dialect, and you don't need interpreters to understand it.
Russian might sound closer to Bulgarian to a non-slavic speaker than Serbian, I like Russian when normal people talk it, it's annoying when it's angry russian kids over voice chat.
Turkish sounds better than arabic I guess.
Greek I've studied a bit, but I wouldn't call it a good sounding language
Romanian is some sort of Italian mixed with slavic, that combined doesn't sound as good the component parts.
>>
File: fingerquotes.jpg (25 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
fingerquotes.jpg
25 KB, 500x404
>>52177328
"language"
>>
american to me sounds like making an unfunny stupid ass shit thread after getting fucked by his father in the ass while eating hamburgers
>>
>>52170445
Californian English is literally the worst accent there is, you all sound like faggots the way you end senTENCES. As if they were quesTIONS. Sounds like you're eating dicks nonstop.

Russian sounds like you've put a cold potato in your mouth and chugged a bottle of vodka. I like it.

Danish sounds like you're to speak with your mouth stuffed with potatoes and porridge while being slightly drunk of cheap pilsner. Disgusting.

German sounds like everyone is on boot camp.

French sounds like honey and milk.

Norwegian is like the child of a Swede and Dane on speed.

Hebrew sounds like someone trying to clear their throat while speaking through their big jew nose.

Portuguese sounds like Spain's retarded cousin. Like a drunk Dutchman trying to speak Spanish REALLY fast.

Spanish is just loud and obnoxious and really fucking fast.
>>
>>52177436
>>Turkish sounds better than Arabic I guess.
why would you even compare it? they sound nothing alike.
>>
>>52177734
Probably because muslims
>>
>>52177955
Nice way of saying "Because they're both primitive dirt people."
>>
>>52177734
>>52177955
Yeah because muslims.
In the same way I'd subjectively rate japanese>chinese>korean even though they are different, it's still "asian" languages.
>>
File: chinese people.jpg (111 KB, 800x641) Image search: [Google]
chinese people.jpg
111 KB, 800x641
Whatever you do, don't learn Esperanto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf3oN4AsqDU

Learn something useful like Chinese, senpai.
>>
File: manuel.jpg (63 KB, 525x425) Image search: [Google]
manuel.jpg
63 KB, 525x425
>>52177996
The Tolerance Brigade is watching French anons I can't say that kind of things
>>
>>52178067
Turkish sounds a lot closer to mongolian than it does to Arabic though, odd that religion would influence this.
>>
>>52178171
It's not that religion would influence it, it's more like this, like about Asian languages >>52178067
Like tons of African languages/dialects have nothing in common but I'd still judge them in the same categories
>>
>>52178171
It's a superficial grouping because muslim cultures, not actual origins.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.