[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tasmania
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (317 KB, 2055x1846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317 KB, 2055x1846
What happens here? I've read Megg, Mogg, and Owl, and it makes it seem like a boring shit hole full of deadbeats and junkies.

But then I watch the Jeff Corwin Experience, and it looks like a beautiful place full of extremely rare and unique wildlife.
>>
that's classified
>>
They just fish and drink all day.
>>
File: before_the_war.png (382 KB, 422x622) Image search: [Google]
before_the_war.png
382 KB, 422x622
>>52161999
The mixed race descendants of the Native Tasmanian tribes still survive
>>
Memes aside, don't know much about the wildlife down there, but nice scenery is nice and they do a lot of farming. Occasionally their metal bands get raided by the cops also.
>>
>>52161999
MeMoOw is from there? How about it
>>
File: images(13).jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images(13).jpg
8 KB, 225x225
I heard this is the typical Tasmanian.
>>
>>52161999

It's both man, deal with it
>>
Things in Tasmania:

Inbreds
Snow
Mass shootings
Poverty
Jacquie Lambie
No non-whites
>>
>>52162381

Sounds like ohio desu
>>
>>52161999
It's the same as anywhere else in Australia, just on a smaller scale. Launceston is comparable to any other town of 100,000 and Hobart actually punches above its weight for a town of 200,000.

We're statistically the poorest state (lowest GDP per capita) but honestly I don't understand why. I'm from a small country town and associate with people from this area and we (on average) make a lot more money than our mainland friends. In saying that, places like Launceston (my closest city) seem to cram all the poor people into a few select suburbs, like Ravenswood. This makes the rest of us look normal, but those suburbs look notoriously shit.

Anyway, our main feature is our nature and wildlife. In addition to the flora and fauna found on the mainland (kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, etc.) we have our own unique animals and vegetation. The most obvious of which is the Tasmanian Devil. We also boast (I believe) Australia's largest section of temperate rainforest. Because our island is 0% desert and very much unlike mainland Australia in many ways, tourism is one of our main sectors. Thanks also to Hobart rising as one of the 'muh culture' capitals of Australia, Tasmania was last year featured as one of the top 10 destinations to visit in the world by Lonely Planet.

Culturally, we're very similar the mainland Australia. The only real difference is that we're a bit xenophobic towards the mainland sometimes and view mainlanders as 'soft' or 'weak', mainly for not being able to handle the cold. In reality, Tasmania is actually rather hot (rarely below -5 in winter and gets near 40 degrees in the summer) but is just cold relative to the mainland.

t. Tasmanian
>>
>>52163458
Amazing answer, thank you.
>>
>>52163458
This is the first post by an Australian in a long time that is actually well informed and interesting, thanks for writing it up.
>>
WE WUZ TIGERS AND SHEEEET
>>
>>52163853
Fuck you.
>>
>>52163927
>>52164336
Found the mainlanders
>>
>>52164544
Yeah; you're still a cunt though.
>>
>>52163853
I live in Hobart and could have told you the exact same thing, but all I do is shitpost about America's gun laws when a shooting occurs in the states. I think on /int/ Australians in general prefer to annoy people than be helpful and contribute intelligent answers to discussions and so will instead post lemonface.jpg and "you cant make this shit up" on almost everything mainly to just emphasise the Aussie shitposter meme when in reality we aren't incapable of being decent.
>>
>>52164640
>>52163458
Shut up tasmania
>>
>>52164640
Majority of the time any Australian makes a decent post some ignorant fat americunt comes along with a differing opinion and just accuses them of shitposting, so eventually people give up trying to be constructive because they'll just be disregarded
>>
>>52163458
pay your denbts pham
>>
>>52164713
Yeah, I feel obligated to shitpost sometimes just to live up to the meme
>>
>>52164745
>tfw you realise Aussies are actually humans aswell and not just shitposting robot
H-hold me you sick cunt
>>
>>52164640

$10 says you go to UTAS and drink at Preachers on the reg.
>>
File: fuck you plant.gif (787 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
fuck you plant.gif
787 KB, 240x174
>>52164713
>>52164745
I do it because I was treated like shit before I'd even done anything and when I was just trying to have discussions with people. I figured if these dickheads are going to treat me like this then I might as well do something to deserve it.
>>
File: 1406125532246.jpg (56 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1406125532246.jpg
56 KB, 500x450
>>52161999
Pic related.

See also: 99% of Australia.
>>
>>52164962
Ditto, matey. Bumblefuck nowhere has it's perks - I'm not considered a fuck up alcoholic if everybody else is an alcoholic.
>>
>>52164841
Preachers? I dont have a vagina
>>
>>52165097

The Brisbane then.
>>
>>52163837
>>52163853

Tasmania is the only /int/ thing I'm actually an expert on. Writing a factual reply gives me more time to think up shitposts for tomorrow.

>>52164736
Yeah, later. Send more cash over first.
>>
I have never been to Tasmania and I never intend to go.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.