[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learn French or Mandarin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: pg-14-mandarin-pa.jpg (138 KB, 1368x961) Image search: [Google]
pg-14-mandarin-pa.jpg
138 KB, 1368x961
I can't decide which to learn.

Pros of French:
Chinese girls don't shave their bush
I'll seem more refined/culture
I live in Canada so more jobs
I already know Spanish so in theory it will be easy

Pros of Chinese:
French girls don't shave their legs/pits
There's so many fucking Chinese here
Can order Chinese food like a pro

Help me decide /int.
>>
>Pros of French:
>I live in Canada so more jobs

Are you from Quebec, the Maritimes, or Ottawa?
>>
>>52158550

Toronto, but provincial jobs favour bilinguals. Also wouldn't mind a cushy do nothing government job.
>>
Chinese, its the future
>>
which girls do you prefer?
>>
chinese
>>
why not both you lazy cunt?
>>
>>52158749

Probably Chinese girls, but there is also something very sexy about French girls that take care of themselves.
>>
>>52158775

Because I don't have an infinite amount of free time and there's a limit to how much I can learn at a time (I'm already taking a few other courses).
>>
just be honest to yourself
will you be good looking and not a beta faggot if you date a chinese girl? this matters
if the answer is no, just learn french; you'll probably never need chinese unless you're in business/real estate/hospitality
>>
>>52158878
Then you should learn chinese
>>
French is pretty damn hard to hear since half of it's silent letters, but it's very easy to read. The opposite I imagine is true of Chinese. Plus French has lots of easy to find books at the library. Mine has zero Chinese books. So if you practice through reading factor that into it.
>>
>French girls don't shave their legs/pits

What ? o.O
>>
Learn Arabic
>>
>>52160258
Canadian cities' public libraries have many books in Chinese, I can assure you.
>>
>>52158459
If you weren't Canadian I would say Mandarin. It would be much more interesting to learn with its non-alphabetic writing system and its lack of relation to English or Indo-European. Furthermore, it's spoken by a billion people rather than 160 million people (most of whom live in Africa) and Chinese has parts that are easier. It's grammar is simple and consistent. You don't have the problem of an alphabetic orthography that doesn't match the pronunciation. Once you master the four tones, you only have a couple consonant sounds to learn rather than several vowels, nasal vowels and soft consonants. In my opinion, spoken French also sounds pretty meh, whereas spoken Mandarin sounds OK. However, French would be an advantage in Canada - Quebec and the semi-francophone provinces have the nicest cities. French would inherently be quicker to learn and even quicker since you would be able to go to Quebec any time you wanted full immersion. In fact, if you just lived in Quebec for a while you could probably gain sufficient fluency in a few months and then start focusing on Mandarin. The other advantage of French would be that French countries aren't full of pollution or commieblocks like in mainland China.
Anyway, your choice.
>>
>>52158459
easy choice, learn french
you'll never use chinese
>>
Learn French

t. Chinese
>>
Are there any good and relevant parts of China that aren't completely fucked over by pollution?
>>
>>52161058
If it's relevant it's fucked up

Although the best touristy areas are not relevant
>>
>>52161058
Taiwan?
>>
>>52161058
vancouver isnt that polluted.
>>
>>52161124
Depressing desu...I'd rather study Mandarin over Japanese, but Japan is a much better country in lots of ways.
>>
>>52158459
Shouldn't your parents have taught you Chinese?
>>
>>52161190
most overseas chinese forget it if they are socialized
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.