[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Polish democracy in danger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
After Viktor Orbán subjugated every branch of government, cemented his power by changing electoral law, placed his cronies in all important positions and enacted new constitution in Hungary; Polish democracy is challenged by authoritarian Kaczynski's party.

They want to gain control of Polish Constitutional Tribunal, the last important institution that is not yet in their pocket, by a machination which could be considered a constitutional coup:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/protest-and-counter-protest-over-court-nominees-fill-streets-in-poland-1450030070

Democracy in Eastern Europe is in retreat and under attack from fascism
>>
I bet somehow we'll be the ones to get fucked in the end.
>>
>>52128762
like always
>>
>>52128723
It pretty much is. When a government usurps itself the power to question and ignore the verdicts of the Constitutional Court, the Consistution isn't really law anymore.
>>
>>52128895
Last time PiS gov't collapsed after only 2 years

Is there a chance of something similar happening before they destroy Polish democracy and rule of law?
>>
>>52129035
No. Last time early elections happened because the coalition fell apart. This time around, PiS has a sole majority in the parliament.
>>
>>52128723
>Democracy in Eastern Europe is in retreat and under attack from fascism
If only that were true
>>
Heh
>Normal people in the background
>Troglodytes doing nazi salutes in front of the cameras
>HURR DURR WE'RE NOT FASHISTS I SWER ON MI MUM
>>
>>52128723
It's not. There is a small revolution going on but democratic fundaments of Poland can never be destroyed. PiS is simply reforming aspects of government, which have been acting against ordinary people. Obviously such thing causes huge butthurt and resistance from the establishment.
>>
File: polish pope.jpg (229 KB, 409x780) Image search: [Google]
polish pope.jpg
229 KB, 409x780
Poland is a shithole ruled by Esperantist extremists:

http://www.bialystokonline.pl/specjalne-wydawnictwo-na-urodziny-zamenhofa-mozecie-wygrac-komiks-konkurs,artykul,88798,2,1.html
>>
File: 1436370662448.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436370662448.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>52130299
>>
>>52130164
Poe's Law strikes again
>>
Poland needs some freedom asap.
>>
>>52131390
We don't have enough oil to have freedom and democracy
>>
File: z16010144Q,Janusz-Korwin-Mikke.jpg (32 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
z16010144Q,Janusz-Korwin-Mikke.jpg
32 KB, 620x451
>Democracy
It's a meme, and a shit meme anyway.
>>
>>52131471
We didnt have oil and we got all kinds of freedom.
>>
>>52130980

hello reddit
>>
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/opinion/why-poland-is-turning-away-from-the-west.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2015/12/links-121315.html

I liked this article about it. What I really got out of it was the link to the political model he used.

http://drodrik.scholar.harvard.edu/files/dani-rodrik/files/the_political_economy_of_liberal_democracy.pdf
>>
>>52131562
I wonder who will be a fascist dictator in my country

It's pretty much inevitable when you consider waht's happening in Austria, Hungary, Ukraine and now Poland

I'm going to study in Prague next year anyway
>>
File: 1405710887658.png (179 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
1405710887658.png
179 KB, 375x524
good thread
>>
>>52133356
>being this broken
Jews truly are God's chosen
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.