[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I visit Romania?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Flag_map_of_Romania.svg_.png (39 KB, 1280x906) Image search: [Google]
Flag_map_of_Romania.svg_.png
39 KB, 1280x906
Should I visit Romania?
>>
>>52118376
yeah, better than you'd expect
>>
>>52118376
The Hungarian bits at most, the rest is one big underdeveloped shithole.
>>
>>52119243
This Tbh.
>>
Greece is better value right now.

Romania has nice castles, but unless you have a free fuck lined up I wouldn't bother.
>>
File: p1170489.jpg (561 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
p1170489.jpg
561 KB, 900x675
>>52119243
>>52120338
>The Hungarian bits
this is quite a common misconception. You mean the german/saxon parts. The hungarian parts are one of the poorest and unremarkable regions in the country. Saxon areas like Brasov/Sibiu/Sighioara have really nice and unique cities, while the rural/romanian parts are also beautiful and full of traditions.
>>
>>52121154
>cigany rush to defend their theives' pride and nonexistent honour
EVERY TIME
>>
>>52121154
>abloo blooo ugaa

all those towns had saxon minorities and thats it
are you germanic dacians now?
should i update my fairtytale calendar?
>>
>>52118376
Yes, of course you should. Blue sky, pure air, green landscapes. Be prepared for bad roads, but if you enjoy nature and tourism far over the typical touristic places, you'll like it. Also, Romanians generally are nice people (don't take seriously your first impression). Also, with snow it's even better.
>>
>>52118376
Not really, but if you want to see areas that are different that what you find in the rest of Europe visit the two small northern regions of Bukovina and Maramures. Every foreigner that ventured there loved it. IT's somewhat remote and rural,but in a good traditional sense
The Danube Delta is good in the spring and summer, if you like still untouched wilderness the Carpathians are great esp the less travelled parts(but you're from the us so you probably have that over there). Transalpina and Transfagarasan are both closed now but are a fantastic drive in the summer. Sighisoara is nice.
If you end up in Bucharest try to stay north. Less commie that's where most of the museums all all the pre-war stuff is.Sunday is the best place to visit as the subway is not crowded. Get a metro day pass. No need to go on the buses as stuff is pretty close together . The "old town" is a meme, not nice but has a lot of nightlife and it's right next to the civic center(Ceaucescu's palace) Try to visit the village museum it has actual houses transported from all over the country in a small park.As a general rule,where the subway doesn't go there's nothing to do.Stay away from Ferentari neighbourhood and the outskirts of Bucharest. Speaking of which,it's pretty much the only city in my cunt where prostitutes are found in the city proper on the streets. I would advise against accosting since you could find yourself in a lot of trouble. Idk about scoring drugs.Harder stuff easier to get than weed. The train station area gets a bit dicey at night,but there is also a lot of police presence there.
>>52119243
Sort of, Hungarians never accomplished anything(visit Szecheliland to convince yourself) and Transylvania grew economically by leaps and bounds since 1918. The pretty parts you are referring to are the German cities,where only Romanians and Germans lived. Some have two names like Brasov is also Kronstad. The Sasi confirmed best germans
>>
>>52121218
You shouldn't be talking Estonia, 2bh
>>
File: 14716028332_13cdf80fc1_h.jpg (752 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
14716028332_13cdf80fc1_h.jpg
752 KB, 1600x1200
>>52121222
>all those towns had saxon minorities
Learn you history Janos. Southern transylvania cities had saxon majorities until even the 1990's when most of them left for Germany. That's the truth, if I wanted to lie I would have said that they are romanian cities now, but everybody considers them saxon cities because that's the truth. No matter what your propaganda says, hungarians have left a very small imprint in Transylvania compared to the saxons and the romanians.
>>
>>52121542
Most of the bad things you could say about our country are because of the HIV ridden russian junkies we have here.
>>
>>52121623
Yeah but your history, the Estonian identity, your culture it's basicaly non existant, alot of people passed through your area in the old times but none of that is part of your culture, you're not much better off than Romania, or any Post Soviet nation
>>
>>52121498
ran out of space
Also the highways are shit in most of the country so you might be tempted to visit my little city,Constanta ,in the winter. Not really worth the drive,it's very industrialized . In the summer the resorts are nice,mamaia gets all the fame nowadays but I like the smaller one's to the south(neptun,olimp). Vama Veche is host to a lot of rock parties in the summer,a lot of drinking,drugs and general good time.
>>
>>52121696
they can vote online tho'
>>
>>52121696
>your culture it's basicaly non existant
says the ''''''''''Roman''''''''''
>>
File: 29546673.jpg (167 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
29546673.jpg
167 KB, 900x600
>>52121218
It's ok little eesti,I still like you. Make sure you stock enough wood for the long winter,since mother russia might cut your gas supply and it will get very cold in your apartment. I don't want little eesti to catch a cold. Also watch your step, don't walk on needles or you might catch a permanent cold.
>>
File: bucharest.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1230) Image search: [Google]
bucharest.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1230
It really is a beautiful, magical country OP. The people are super friendly, salt of the earth types. Honestly I would say Romania has had a huge cultural influence over the rest of the EU since they joined.
>>
>>52121749
I don't know friend
I think about 1/4 of Europe's arts and culture was born here in Italy between the 15th and the 19th century
>>
>>52122281
alright, just educate yourself on what culture means next time, before you turn into one of those tumblrites that believe white people don't have any culture.
>>
>>52121569
you consider them saxon ones because its not hip to slurp up the german butthole
my propaganda says nothing about belittling other nations, thats yours

>very small imprint
we ruled it? go look up the leaders then tell me it has no imprint

completely useless to try and speak with buchuresti monkeys like you because all you do is muh hungarian boogieeman, somehow none of you act like this in Kolozsvár
>>
>>52122374
>estonia
basically a non country
your flag should be one of those regional ones, next to russian or finnish flag.
>>
>>52122454
At least we didn't lose a war to niggers with sticks.
>>
I want to visit Transylvania
>>
>>52122374
Our culture revolves around fine crafts of art and style, our plates are reknown around the world for their healthyness and delicious taste, our literature is among the classics
what do you have to show for your "culture"?
>>
You don't visit Romania. Romania visits you. And probably stay in your country.
>>
>>52118376
Why would anyone do such a thing?
>>
>>52122499
we? as i've said, you're a non country
there's no we.
>>
File: 8139280894_c9c428895d_h.jpg (829 KB, 1600x1093) Image search: [Google]
8139280894_c9c428895d_h.jpg
829 KB, 1600x1093
>>52122414
I didn't belittle anyone, I just replied to someone who said something wrong. What I said is the truth, the hungarian areas really aren't that remarkable, compared to the german and romanian ones. I have nothing against the hungarians, but at least check your facts before you say something that is only put in your mind by others.
>>
>>52121569
>>52122723
nice nature bro

romanians have a saying
avem o ţară frumoasă, păcat că-i locuită (we have a beautiful country, too bad it's inhabited)
>>
>>52122723
>the hungarian areas really aren't that remarkable

Then what are
>Kolozsvár
>Temesvár
>Segesvár
>Arad
>Marosvásárhely
>Nagyvárad
>Szatmárnémeti
?
>>
Lots of cool stuff to see in Romania. Good country, gets way too much shit for the 5% gypsy miniority they have
>>
>>52122651
Probably for that extra edge.
>Hey anon where were you last couple of months?
>Oh just travelling through Europe
>Oh cool anon,where did you you go?
answer a
> Paris,London,took a day-trip to Venice and then went to Amsterdam,did so many drugs there,it was awesome
>Oh that's cool anon, all my friends did that route as well,they had a package deal from college.
answer b
>Paris,London, Romania
>get flooded with questions about the Wild East, is seen as daring a citizen of the world and alpha as fuck
>mostinterestingmanintheworldface.flv
Sprinkle in a story about how you gave a gipsy kid 1 dollar and he cried and started to kiss your feet for saving his whole family from indentured servitude and you're garanteed some of that sweet yankee pussy.
>>
>>52122937
Budapest is a really nice city. Now please leave this thread
>>52123045
tack(that's thank you in swedish,I googled it)
>>52118873
Dank je .Merci beaucoup
>>52122650
>>52122101
Sorry.(sadly all of them will move in your cunts eventually,because they have a base there, travellers and gitanos respectively. ). Again. manny sorry
>>
File: ceAEkP.jpg (427 KB, 1600x1034) Image search: [Google]
ceAEkP.jpg
427 KB, 1600x1034
>>52122937
>Kolozsvár
this one maybe. Most of the bulidings are austrian though and now is 90% romanian
>Temesvár
lol no, austrian
>Segesvár
hell no, 100% german
>Arad
austrian
>Marosvásárhely
hungarian, yes. Unremarkable
>Nagyvárad
this one is ok, but it's in an area when there is nothing else to see
>Szatmárnémeti
little town, isolated and very cold
Most of them are ok, but not something that you wouldn't see in other countries in central europe. You really can't compare them to Sibiu or Brasov and the areas surrounding them
>>
File: La-nascita-di-Venere-Botticelli.jpg (3 MB, 2435x1560) Image search: [Google]
La-nascita-di-Venere-Botticelli.jpg
3 MB, 2435x1560
>>52122499
>estonia trying to be relevant
so cute
>>
>>52121154
>>52121498
I think our American educated friend meant entire Transylvania by Hungarain bits as historic Hungarian land, not just Székelyland, contrary to the Regat, which was the historic Romanian land, so there the misunderstanding. Ain't even mad about Triathlon and such, but this blatant revisionism you try try to pull all the time is pretty disgusting, when you refer to Székelyland as the only region where Hungarians lived. Traces of Hungary can be found everywhere throughout Erdély, not just Székelyland. Just remind me, who's statue is at the main square of Cluj?
>>52121569
But Ceaucescu literally sold most of those Saxons way before 1990.
>>
>>52121749
C'mon, Estonia. These Italians are fucking with you, and are as condescending as Frenchmen, but to claim their culture is nonexistent? Italian culture is one of the single most influential worldwide.

That said, ignore what they say about you being a non-country and having no culture. They're objectively wrong, after all.
>>
Yes. As almost every country.
But i actually like Romania quite a lot. Cheap, good nature, friendly people. Yeah its pretty underdeveloped in some areas but who the fuck cares.
>>
>>52123178
>Austrian
Wtf is this bullshit again? Like Hungary and Hungarians didn't had to do anything with towns that were officially part of its territory? Or that most of the stuff were built during the Monarchy? What a coincidence, Arad, Temesvár and Nagyvárad were all demolished during the Ottoman era and they got their classical townscape afterwards and this sheer fact deprives them of anything Hungarian and makes them Austrian? Are you stupid, because this makes zero sense to me.
>>
Most countries /int/ tells you not to visit are actually worthwile. I see people calling Romania a shithole etc. I've been to Paris. I've seen what a shithole looks like kek.
>>
>>52121749
it's time to stop, you really are a non country
>>
>>52123706
they literally learn in school we are mongol invaders ruining their dacian pitch perfect culture

what do you hope to achieve?
>>
>>52123751

Do you know anything about Estonian customs and culture? Actually, are your implications based on anything except your own ignorance and meme opinions you caught on while browsing a chinese cartoon imageboard?
>>
File: Biserica-Barsana-Maramures-17.jpg (155 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Biserica-Barsana-Maramures-17.jpg
155 KB, 1200x799
>>52123466
>blatant revisionism you try try to pull all the time is pretty disgusting, when you refer to Székelyland as the only region where Hungarians lived
this wasn't about history, it was about present day reality and places worth visiting. The vast majority of magyar speaking people live in Szekelyland, so nowadays that is the hungarian part, which is not really worth visiting. And as historical regions are concerned, the areas where romanians and saxons where the majority (now romanians are the majority everywhere) objectively are the best to visit.

>Traces of Hungary can be found everywhere throughout Erdély, not just Székelyland. Just remind me, who's statue is at the main square of Cluj?
I''m not saying that there is no trace of Hungary, just they are not that proeminent compared to the german and romanian ones. And Matei Corvin was half romanian:)

>>52123706
>>52123778
>Like Hungary and Hungarians didn't had to do anything with towns that were officially part of its territory?
you act like the habsburg empire was hungarian culturally or even the hungarians had anything to say in how it was ruled. That's why they rebelled every 20 years for independence:)
>>
>>52124005
Ok, that's much more fair at least. If only I had won the lottery as I bet you would come up with King Matthias was Rumanian lel (what kingdom he was ruling anyway...).
For the record though Hungarians had quite a lot of say about what could have taken place for their part of the Monarchy, even before the pact of 1867, because Hungarain nobility and provinces were much stronger politically than those in Austria which goes back to Ottoman era when the emperor needed taxes and soldiers from the provinces, also because Hungarian Kingdom was always separate enthity from the Austrian provinces and due to the catholic-protestant conflict, Hungary was always promised religious freedom. Absolutism didn't really work in the Hungarian part because the Hungarians ended up rebelling every 20 years as you said because they got used to their freedom and rights.
>>
>>52118376
If you have to fly from the USA and spend what? 1000-2000 USD on flight ticket, I think you might be better with visiting Czech Republic, Poland or Croatia in Eastern Europe.

Romania can be interested, if you know what to visit. Maramures, Nordul Moldovei, Southern Transylvania, Danube Delta, etc. But you have to do your research well and know where to go and what to visit, otherwise Romania is unremarkable.
>>
i visit rural western romania every year

we go to oradea and marghita as well through

it's cool as long as you dodge gypsies (i haven't seen as much of them as the memes claim, but then again i didn't wander in random parts
of cities and villages that i don't know)

but i'm not really sure if it's worth visiting, i go here only to visit my family
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.