[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it really weird to live in a country where people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (997 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
997 KB, 1024x768
Isn't it really weird to live in a country where people from different areas speak different languages? Imagine being Swiss on /int/. You have no idea whether the person you're writing to will understand you if you write in your native language.
>>
File: topelement.jpg (139 KB, 640x418) Image search: [Google]
topelement.jpg
139 KB, 640x418
>>52111033
Money is the common tongue.
>>
>>52111033
I wish there where /Swiss/ general
>>
>>52111101
Which is why everyone speaks English.
>>
>tfw not Swiss

It's probably not that weird though. When I see Canadian flags I know that those people could be speaking either Mandarin, Punjabi, French, or English as a native tongue.

I have no loyalty or pride related to this country at all.
>>
You try to avoid people of other regions as much as possible.
>>
It's cool being from a bilingual country sadly we are loosing our native languages like the Aztec.
>>
>>52111272
>>52112781
>he fell for the swiss meme
>>
I never understood how Macau can have Portuguese and Cantonese as both official languages. Like those two have no similarities whatsoever.
>>
Don't they just learn all official languages?
I know a girl from switzerland and she speaks Italian, French and German
>>
It's pretty easy to assume that they speak Swiss German, or High German at least. The French Swiss almost all speak High German, and many Swiss German. The Romansch people are too rare to care about. Italian Swiss aren't real Swiss, so they don't matter.
>>
Usually its the masses that dictate the lingua franca in a country, för example we assume finnish is understood by everyone even if we are bilingual
>>
File: 1421181891176.jpg (165 KB, 921x800) Image search: [Google]
1421181891176.jpg
165 KB, 921x800
>>52114691
>tfw speak italian and french natively
Time to start learning german and then move to Switzerland!
>>
>>52112816
>aztec

dont you mean nahuatl you fucking fag
>>
It's always a worry that the other poster is an english teacher faggot
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.