[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't do it, I can't trill my R. I'm attempting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 9768567.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
9768567.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
I can't do it, I can't trill my R. I'm attempting to learn Russian but I can't even say their alphabet.

The entire concept of it doesn't make sense to me, I don't get how you're supposed to blow the air, I don't get how you're supposed to keep the tongue in position but also keep it loose, I don't get how you keep air from escaping around your mouth, I don't get how you achieve it without doing it with your throat.

I've been practicing for 3 hours every night for nearly 2 weeks but it means absolutely nothing if I'm practicing wrong.

The fuck do I do?
>>
>>52103565
its easy tho
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0v0V9nmwZpz
>>
>>52103565
Why the fuck would you learn shitty russkie? Also trilling R's is no big deal if your try blowing air onto your tongue long enough.
>>
>>52103565

What's trilling your R's?

Like saying R at the front of the tongue?
>>
>>52103742
Rolling your r.
>>
>>52103662
The wife is shitty Russkie and I'd love to speak to her in native tongue.

You describe blowing the that's again what I don't quite get. It's supposed to be a chesty puff of air right? None of the throat involved, but that just comes out as a Huhhhhhh.
>>
>>52103742
slav r
>>
>>52103565
Some people have genetically different tongues. I'm not sure about trilling Rs but being able to put your tongue in a U shape isn't genetically possible for everyone.
>>
>>52103760

Oh yeah, you guys say "ah" at the back of the mouth, right?

We roll our R's. Just hold the tongue against the spot behind your upper teeth, then let it vibrate
>>
>>52103814
Put the tip of your tongue on your teeth and blow air onto it. At one point it will become a trilled R and you will sustain it,
>>
>>52103830
I'm able to curl my tongue so I don't feel like I'm "genetically" unable to do it, just retarded in understanding the concept.

>>52103854

Yeah my 'r' is in the back of my throat.
>>
>>52103913
You know how you say "really"?
Try to get that kind of r and vibrate your tongue more.
>>
>>52104155
Ok i'll try. http://vocaroo.com/

This is how I say "really" though, and that vibration is all coming from my throat.
>>
>>52104280
I'm a moron.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KdOwT8n6wy
>>
>>52104326
Well....
>>
>>52104326
I don't know how to help you

Sorry :/
>>
>>52104483
That's alright, thanks anyway. I'll just keep trying anything.
>>
>>52104483
Maybe try asking your wife for help?
>>
>>52104609
this. try growling during sex
>>
File: 3000hoursinpaint.png (31 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3000hoursinpaint.png
31 KB, 800x600
>>52103565

first image is the palate, second image is the tongue seen from the inside
>>
>>52104977
Oh so I curl my tongue?
>>
>>52105130

yes, like when you whistle
>>
>>52103565
>The fuck do I do?
Remember you're a fucking anglo and find your self respect.

>speaking another language
Disgusting
>>
try to say "daddy" with an american accent, the way they pronounce the "dd" is similar to the way you roll your r.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.