[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China set to be double Americas economy by 2015. USA has now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1450023006722.png (41 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
1450023006722.png
41 KB, 400x340
China set to be double Americas economy by 2015.

USA has now been officially BTFO.

Americans on suicide alert.
>>
>>52100997
>>
i wish i can show you how wrong you are when we get there but that's quite a bit of ways off
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1136x640
>>52100997
Are you the shitposter from /k/?

Also both those figures are already too high as of 2015 my nigg.
>>
>>52100997
they falsify stuff all the time and there's a million things that are on the utter cusp of collapse. throw in the unsustainable pollution output and you've got a time bomb not a country
>>
File: extrapolating.png (21 KB, 461x295) Image search: [Google]
extrapolating.png
21 KB, 461x295
>that growth
>>
>>52101083
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-15/china-s-economy-may-be-even-bigger-than-you-think

They falsify it down to make current growth look stabler.
>>
>>52100997
Bump cuz I want to shitpost
>>
>>52100997
>>52101029
>tfw when britain can't even banter as well as their colonies
Could an Aussiebro come in here to shitpost about America properly please?
>>
>>52101379
Okay guys here's the simple nominal versus PPP answer to settle the perrenial debate.

Nominal:
Lots of fluctuations
Exchange rates are generally not free floating
Doesn't measure living standards well
Accurate for trade measurement and financial services

PPP:
Measures living standards well
Less volatile
Inaccurate for trade and financial services
Overestimates some countries economic power (power being ability to utilize the economy to make other countries do what you want)

The best measurement:
An IMF based measurement of the nominal GDP value in terms of the six SDR currencies averaged over 5 years. This averages the best traits of both PPP and nominal.
>>
at 2050 all ameriposters will be childless/with health issues due to lack of excercise and that gdp will belong to whichever mix immigrant groups becomes dominant
>>
>>52101650
Pretty accurate desu

It'll all be in the hands of Emperor Trump.
>>
>>52101534
Except China's economy has not been in any major fluctuations in recent times. If you knew why things are as they are and not just how, you'd understand it better.

GDP shows USA has a 2.2% annual change while China has over 7%, not to mention the enormous growth spurt that let them come into this position from the start.

It's in no way guaranteed but I will not humor an argument with someone saying there's no chance for China to eclipse America economically.
>>
>>52101735
Oh. That's simply to show that neither PPP or nominal is a perfect measure or economic strength.
I was showing the strengths and weaknesses of each measurement.

It was actually a copypasta I made so that I could attempt bantz
>>
File: 1429439248288.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1429439248288.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
>>52101896
Pictures are generally better at that.

Seems hard to compete with China, they don't have to waste resources on living standards and placating the population. And every innovation made by free men elsewhere is just copied without any cost.
>>
>>52101990
Only southern China eats dogs. The same people who formed Taiwan and Singapore, and who act superior to their own people.

Northern and Central Chinese find it disgusting. I do as well.

Also, China will catch the US by 2025-2030. I don't doubt that, but I do doubt that the CCP will be the same in 2030.
>>
>>52101990
Every nation that develops has to commit more resources to their population though, China's not the exception. People will demand higher wages which will hinder growth as some industry shifts to other developing nations.
>>
>>52102301
This will cause unspeakable problems as there aren't enough resources on earth to support a typical Western middle class in China. If they start to eat beef, we run out of beef.
>>
>>52102375

That's why China can already clone animals
>>
>>52103064
Quantity is far from the only issue. Just imagine the CO2 emitted.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.