[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an English guy who just got back from 3 months in Portugal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: IMG2100.jpg (856 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG2100.jpg
856 KB, 2048x1536
Honestly just feel like sharing my perspective on living in Portugal and have no friend's to talk to.

So if you have never been to Portugal and feel like going ask and maybe I can help you.

If you are Portuguese and want to know hat your country is like for an outsider ask and then you can laugh about yourselves or at me.

>pic I'm not good at photography
>>
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
How many gay, amputated, retarded, transexual furries dying of AIDS, cancer, syphilis, ebola, and homicide did you see?
>>
What did you like and what did you dislike the most?
>>
t. Albterto Barbosa
>>
How many leftists are in portugal? did you have to deal with many niggers or faggots?
>>
>>52100684

Is that Santiago do Cacem?
>>
>>52100684
how long until you got bored?
>>
>>52100684
t. albertou barboutsa
>>
>>52100874
>>52100807
>>52100735

fucking STOP this meme! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
>>
>>52100684
Do they really eat a lot of cod ?
>>
>>52100921
ok sorry mom
>>
>>52100684

Portugal is beautiful. If I had the money if live there 8 months of the year.

>based Alentejo
>based Algarve
>tfw the black haired cutie who makes coffee at the Intermarche in Sagres is the most beautiful girl I ever saw in my life.
>>
>>52100921
t. A. Barbosa
>>
>>52100684
Are the poortugal/shortugal memes true?
>>
>>52100921
le get le this le hot le alberto le barbosa le head le out le of le here !!!!!
>>
>>52100801
Basically none.

>>52100804
The thing that stuck with me the most was the culture of honest and responsibility among people.

>go to the pub and they won't take your money until you've finished everything
>half the time they don't even keep tabs and just ask you what you had at the end
>people are still allowed to smoke basically anywhere
>when you buy alcohol on a self service machine it just let's you you don't have to get someone run over and make sure you're not 14
>pubs stay are allowed to stay open and bands keep playing til gone 3am

These seem like small things but if you tried any of that in England it would be a disaster.

I spent most of my time in Lisbon and I loved how just how great the city looks and how even late at night any day of the week it is a welcoming and family friendly place to be. And if I ever missed England in Lisbon I could hop on the train to Cascais and hang out with a bunch of other British people in a lush place with great restaurants.

Also, telepizza.

Dislikes would be the drivers. Crossing the road is a fucking death trap. As friendly as people were to me normally everyone seemed to turn into a homicidal maniac when they were behind the wheel.

>>52100815
It's Sintra. As far as I was told.

>>52100866
I didn't thankfully.
>>
>>52100944
Yes. They love the shit. It is not a meme. They are obsessed with cod to a degree I will never understand. I wasn't a fan of it so much myself. Their chorizo is fucking Godly however.

>>52101092
See above the cod one is
>>
>>52101444
Aye, we portuguese people are fuckin kamikazes when we take the wheel. Fortunately I live in a small town, but even here I can say drivers do have a disregard for pedestrians. When we are in a hurry we can be a bit irresponsible
>>
>>52101585
Bacalao bros
>>
>tfw no more replies

If there any Portubros still about I wanted to know about your opinions on the political scene?

Most people I spoke to were not happy about you guys getting a commie government, I completely disagreed though as an outsider I saw your country as the perfect one to stand up to the ECB and Germany. Mostly because I didn't see any real social economic segregation. Outside of the African areas like Amadora you would have working class people in apartments next to people in mansions and would all be the same people, which is an alien concept in England.

Also just about everyone over the age of 60 I spoke to thought your democratic system was a joke and wished they could have Salazar back. What's behind that?
>>
Do you heard cars blasting shitty loud music there?
>>
did you fuck any Portuguese qts
>>
>>52103058
i am still there bruv
>>
>>52103549
Muhhh dick
>>
>>52100684
How many Portuguese stoops did you vomit on?
>>
>>52103058
Pretty much everyone dislikes commies because they do jack shit in the parliament besides refusing proposals everytime
Our government isn't commie though, it's socialdemorcrat, more in the lines of Labour.
Basically, last time they were in power they fucked up major so nobody trusts them.

>Also just about everyone over the age of 60 I spoke to thought your democratic system was a joke and wished they could have Salazar back. What's behind that?
It is a joke. I can guarentee you that the very same people were in the streets in 1974 shouting freedom and insulting salazar. It's typical of us to have the "grass is always greener in the other side" mentality
>>
>>52103549
One.

Literally every Portuguese girl has ass for days. Never seen anything like it. It's like life was an rpg and they put all their stat points into ass. I think that's what I am going to miss the most.

>>52103699
People I spoke to were afraid they were going to fuck with the ECB by refusing austerity. But in my opinion everyone should absolutely reject austerity.

>It is a joke. I can guarentee you that the very same people were in the streets in 1974 shouting freedom and insulting salazar. It's typical of us to have the "grass is always greener in the other side" mentality

That's funny if that is true. They seemed to me they had the mentality of 'back in my day we didn't have any of this nonsense Salazar would keep everything in line and we'd all go do an honest days work' for the glory of Portugal kind of mentality.

I really want to read up about the country's history since scraping the surfaces of things. Seems really underatedly interesting.
>>
>>52100684
i like the generosity of the people there. I think its one of the most hospitable countries in Europe. and even though Lisbon is falling apart in a lot of places the city has a lot of soul. the gypsies are real fucking annoying too.
>>
>>52104275
>the gypsies

You noticed that too? They were fucking everywhere. I supposed it was normal as people just went with it. They weren't anything like the Irish gypos in England though, where you'd be worried about getting your head kicked in. I found them more humourous than anything watching them act like complete autistics with their level of social self awareness.

I was buying some cologne in this perfume make up shop and these gypo women walk in and start putting on the sample make ups on their lips when you're meant to try it on your hand on a rag. Then the people in the shop told them to fuck off and they were like 'lol we're just taking samples' then walked around choosing their favourite make ups to apply to their faces. I found it proper funny seeing something that trashy.
>>
>>52100684
Did you meet alberto barbosa
>>
>>52104568
Disappointingly I never met anyone named Alberto. Half the guys I met were named Joao with some Rodrig, Gabriel and Nunos.

Joao would be a much more accurate meme named for the Portuguese.
>>
Are they white ?

I'm a son of Germans here and I always thought they were white at least like 75% of them.
>>
>>52107481
cant you just go out and see for yourself?
>>
>>52108248
>go out
>>
File: Untitled.png (108 KB, 489x755) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
108 KB, 489x755
/int/ needs to stop bullying Portugal, the country that FUCKING CRATED COLONIALISM. If it weren't for Portugal we'd all be Asian tier countries with no global influence. Pic related, a book I read a while ago while ago is a good reference. Goes into detail how Portugal lead the way for the industrial revolution.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.