[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you're a country >are you an atheist? >why/why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: 1432812176062.jpg (114 KB, 960x623) Image search: [Google]
1432812176062.jpg
114 KB, 960x623
>you're a country
>are you an atheist?
>why/why not?
>>
>>52062731
Norway
Not really, but I can't lie and say I'm Christian either
I'm too scared and proud to believe.
>>
straya
I don't think about g*d ever and I'd probably go straight to hell anyway so I guess so
because it's 2015
>>
1. flag
2. yes
3. I believe some form of validation is in order
>>
>>52062755
>I'm too scared and proud to believe.

wouldn't it make more sense to believe if you are scared? literally almost all the m*slims here believe because they are scared of going to hell
>>
cunt
yes
just seems ridiculous to believe in ghosts
>>
>>52062811
I'd be scared of being deployed in Syria too.
>>
flag
yeah
2 0 1 5

>>
>>52062731
I'm a who-gives-a-fuck-iest
although tbqh christfags piss me off as much as m*slims
>>
Yes. Because the only reason I'd be Christian is because that's the culture I was raised in, if I was born in India I'd be a Hindu etc etc. I don't see why one religion is more believable than any others.
>>
>>52062909
Plenty of jainists, buddhists and muslims in India. If you were born by mormorns, would you unironically adhere to mormonism?
>>
File: 1448064657158.jpg (49 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1448064657158.jpg
49 KB, 399x400
I'm an atheist because I never though religion was real as a kid.
I would argue with my babysitter thinking she was messing with me, it didn't help that she was rather nutty.
Little did I know I was acting like a stereotypical fedora before i could do complex math.
I remember making the argument that if heaven is real planes would have crashed into it or that if hell was real we'd have mined to it.
>>
>>52062811
No, that's only how plebs think.
>>
>>52062731
Flag
Yes, I'm agnostic atheist
Because it's the current year
>>
>>52062811
>die
>go to heaven
>wrong religion
>go to hell
>>
>>52062934
Whatever, you get my point. If I was a Buddhist or a Jainist in India, it's probably be because I was raised by Buddhist/Jainist parents. And if I was raised by a Mormon family, especially in a Mormon community, I'd probably be a Mormon too.
>>
>>52063025
That's a frightening way to look at life. Not saying it's without merit but inheritance has become an extremely vague concept here in sweden, it's hard to imagine.
>>
>>52063085
Statistics aren't in your favour. The overwhelming majority of people do NOT convert, regardless of the country.
>>
>>52063025
I think you're being way too forgiving with that kind of mindset. Every human is still an individual, and whether you're a Congo child soldier or a Finnish steppe horseman your opinions of the world should be formed based on what you see around you, not what your parents tell you
>>
>>52063116
No, I mean just copying your parents in general. 200 years ago, if your dad made shoes you were practically born a shoemaker. That just never happens anymore.
>>
i'm an existential nihilist
>>
>>52063156
Professions aren't religion m8. Religion is more than a set of metaphysical beliefs. It binds communities together through shared history, traditions, marriage, and other relationships.
>>
>>52063199
Speaking for most of the current generation of swedes, our parents were christian and we're not. Their parents were devout christians and they weren't.
>>
>>52063021
http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/08/where-does-pasc.html
>>
File: 1448698385656.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1448698385656.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>52063180
can you be a nihilist while believing in god?
>>52063199
>shared history, traditions, marriage, and other relationships
religeon tried to include those into it's fabric to maintain it self as an authority, but they don't come from it
>>
>>52063144
Which is why I'm no longer religious. But I don't take it so extreme that I think passing down any sort of culture is bad or that I'm in favor of purging Christian influences from our culture.
>>
I'm not atheist, I just wasn't raised with any religion. I've never been to church for anything other than a wedding or christening.
>>
1. Flag
2. No
3. Why would I want to go through life believing that nothing comes afterwards? The world is shit, and it would be a damn shame to be born into a shit world, die, and have noting happen.
>>
>>52063311
so you believe in a god/religion?
>>
>>52063322
you can believe in literally any other outcome after death than some old faggot waiting to sign you off on a list family

personally I'm going to be reincarnated as a cute shota who gets to /ss/ Japanese anime MILFs
>>
File: 001.jpg (126 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
126 KB, 700x700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k
>>
>>52063340
No. My parents were raised religious but stopped caring when they became adults, so my brothers and I were never exposed to any of that stuff. Only times I remember being in church is christenings of cousins and stuff. Never actually been to a proper Sunday church presentation, whatever they call it.

I wouldn't consider myself atheist because I really don't care that much. I think religion is stupid, some more than others, but as long as you're doing no harm then who cares.
>>
>>52062731
Flag
Yes, or just not religious
I don't think about God or believe in after life
>>
>>52063428
>Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.
>Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God."
according to google you may be atheist with the modern definition
>>
>>52063522
I don't believe anything. I busy my mind with thinking about more important stuff, like video games.
I don't believe there is a god, I don't believe there is no god. I don't ever feel the need to think about it.

Also, I'd rather not be associated with popular atheism.
>>
AGNOSTIC IS ATHEISM YOU KEKS
>>
Finland
Yes
Well I've never had religious experiences or education and philosophically the concepts seem pointless or absurd. Also religion revolves around sociological issues so much that it's probably just a framework for those.
>>
>>52062731
Atheists tend to be pretty ignorant and seem to take pride in their lack of ability to distinguish between religions.

I think that someone who understands the actual importance of religion in human history would not call themselves atheists. Denial of God requires a more rigid worldview than many religions do.
>>
>>52063780
>Denial of God requires a more rigid worldview than many religions do.

you're joking right
>>
>>52063780
>actual importance of religion
Someone hasn't read "Doubt: A History".
>>
>>52063822
>England
>Yes
>I can't place that much faith in something which seems so implausible
>>
>>52063822
>>52063868
Ignore the fact I replied to you
>>
Flag
Yes
Because I'm from a non religious family and not being brainwashed as a kid in this jesus mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>52063780
>Atheists tend to be pretty ignorant and seem to take pride in their lack of ability to distinguish between religions.
Making generalisations isn't ignorant?
Implying that others lack the ability of people who think like you isn't ignorant?

The fedora was made for you, wear it with teen pride,but remember there is not long before you grow up and you can laugh about all this.
>>
>Ateistmisin?
Evet; hristian degilim. Lel.
>>
>>52062731
1.Ancient Macedonia
2.Agnostic atheist but yes
3.After a lot of introspection I realized the existence of god is unlikely, but part of me still wants to think that there's some sort of higher being out there
>>
File: yurt.jpg (360 KB, 1620x1020) Image search: [Google]
yurt.jpg
360 KB, 1620x1020
>>52062731
>you're a country
resim
>are you an atheist?
yok ya
>why/why not?

her sey ruhlu
tanri en büyük ve her seyi kaplayan ruh
gökler sonsuz, tanri sonsuz
tanrisiz simdiniki zamanin kapana kisildin

tanrim var, inancim var, üst insanim
>>
>>52064651
*cringe*
>>
>>52064836
Aynaya bakarken garib duygu olusabilir.
>>
>>52064167
>>52065976
>alamancıların türkçe konuşma çabaları
*kırinc*
>>
File: 001.jpg (224 KB, 500x2170) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
224 KB, 500x2170
>>
>>52066735
ibnelik yapma
>>
>>52062731
Canada
Yes
I was raised to believe in God, stopped believing who knows how long ago.
>Why?
There is no more reason to believe in God than there is to believe in any other mystical/divine being, and I'm not going to treat him as if he's any more likely to exist or more legitimate simply because he's popular.
>>
1. I am Brazil
2. Of course
3. Haven't been brainwashed enough to believe in fantasy lads

>>52063144
>should be
But it never is.
>>
>>52062731
>Andorra
>of course
>bcuz I'm intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>52062731
biri ingilizceye cevirsin şunu :Dd
>>
Flag
Yes, kinda.
I do believe there's something greater way out there, that's way beyond what we can imagine. But its name certainly isn't Jesus, or Allah, or Buddha, or any other name.
>>
1. flag
2. yes
3. because I don't believe in the existence of a deity
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.