[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>parents are ashamed that I do not have a PhD like the rest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11 KB, 645x773
>parents are ashamed that I do not have a PhD like the rest of my cousins even though none of them work
>parents think its embarrassing that I stopped going to school once I got my B.S degree and pursing my career instead of going for a Masters which is useless unless I want to teach

How important is education in your country?
>>
Well what did you major in
>>
>>52061718
>How important is education in your country?
Relatively many people here are educated, but we don't exactly have perfect employment rates.
I think the value of a PhD highly depends on its field. If you have a job that you're happy with it's obviously better than a PhD in women's studies, but some other PhDs may offer better job prospects.
You can always combine your PhD research with your current job if you still want one.
>>
B.S doesn't qualify you for anything here. Afaik the only real profession that requires only that is a kindergarden teacher. Everybody does masters or is considered a drop-out. Law students might get a decent side job after B.S but stopping at that is career suicide.
>>
Everyone that's not bottom tier working class gets one thus devaluating every degree there is.

Except for few wise guys who managed to establish their own company and survived our hellish overtaxation.
And those with connected ex-commie daddies who didn't need any education to begin with.
>>
>>52064958
Same here by the way. Bachelor's degrees are mostly useful for getting to your Master's.
>>
>>52061718
>I got my B.S degree
Hello normie
>>
>>52064958
basically this. you can tell how things are just by name - M.S. are refered to as diplom studies, and B.S. studies are simply "pre-diplom studies".
>>
>>52061718
Come to Germany. Here you will be elite with a B.Sc. degree and you will also get health care. Another advantage is not getting shot.
>>
>>52061718
Isn't PHD in the US a financial suicide?
>>
>>52065296
They provide relatively many scholarships. You're mostly fucked if you don't get one and get a useless degree at a second rate university.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.