[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Your cunt 2. Can you tell which region people from your country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: B9saoeEIgAIpEd5.jpg-large.jpg (100 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
B9saoeEIgAIpEd5.jpg-large.jpg
100 KB, 1024x1024
1. Your cunt
2. Can you tell which region people from your country come from based on their accent?

Britain
Yes
>>
fleg
yes
>>
sure
>>
Easily
>>
Yes. We have many regional accents, but they are very distinguishable.
>>
japan
yes
>>
>>52053032
>>52053046
>>52053084
>>52053084
>>52053157
>>52053215

What are these regional differences?

Ours are plentiful: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8mzWkuOxz8

also you can tell the class of someone based on their accent here
>>
>>52052996
No.
>>
>>52052996
Sometimes.
>>
Chicago, United States.

We literally have no accent. It's like the default English speaking part of the world.
>>
>>52053244
The main accents:
Paulista (from São Paulo)
Carioca (from Rio)
Mineiro (from Minas Gerais)
Sulista (from Paraná and Santa Catarina)
Gaúcho (from Rio Grande do Sul)
Nordestino (from Northeastern Brazil)
Baiano (from Bahia)
Nortista (from Northern Brazil)
Caipira (rural accent, spoken in the countryside states)
>>
>>52053244
they are plenty, most some accents will pronouce letters differently
but there is also "high german", an accent free version of the german language, not everyone is able to speak it tho
a lot of people from the south or east have a hard time speaking it or arent able to at all
>>
>>52053351
great lakes accent is best accent
>>
1. leaf
2. Sometimes. There's a very slight difference in vowels between east and west. Newfies sometimes have a strong accent, but more often they just sound like odd Nova Scotians.
>>
>>52053387
There are many branches on the Carioca and Paulista accents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkP8S2Kxg-8
>>
Aus
I'm pretty sure there are slight differences but I couldn't tell you what the giveaways are, from sydney/new south wales and I can usually tell if someone is from south australia and western australia
>>
>>52053387
i looked up a few brazilian/portugese accent videos and they all just seem to be Speedy Gonzales at different tempos and pitches
>>
>>52053613
There are many branches on every local accent, but I chose to group them into typical stereotypical accents.
>>
>>52053351
I met a few people from Chicago, you definitely have accents.

Most of them call Chicago She cah goh
>>
>>52053633

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFHt_lzbfM
>>
File: Caralho Boador.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Caralho Boador.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
1 - Fucking Flag

2 -
If they speak really slowly and sleepy they are from Alentejo.
If I cant understand them they are from the Islands
If they speak nigger they are from Lisbon.
If they swear instead of speaking they are from the North
If they Speak English they are from Algarve.
>>
>>52053689
You must have met the Polacks.

I pronounce it shuh-cah-goe
>>
>>52053752
>>52053633
btw, the first accent is how South Brazilians here speak
>>
Not really. Even people from other regions known for having distinct accents use standard American a lot of the time.

There's some Australian that thinks he can tell Americans apart from each other and when I made a vocaroo he bitched out of guessing the state
>>
>>52052996
Generally, yes. Things get muddled when you approach the Mason-Dixon line, though.
>>
>>52053633
The fuck are you implying, faggot?
>>
>>52053260
Can't tell West from East? What about Odessa?
>>
>>52053758
>If they speak nigger they are from Lisbon.

you mean niggers speak like us. not the opposite.
>>
>>52053244
Completely different vocabulary, different pronunciation of s and z, dropping some letters, different intonation, number of vocals (standar spanish has 5, south eastern spanish has 8) and common grammatical errors only people from a specific part of the country would suffer from.
>>
>>52053417
>they are plenty, most some accents will pronouce letters differently
>>52053244
same goes for here
>>
>>52054296
Oh, and diminutives. Every region has their own.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.