[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine if the Islamic world was 90% Shia rather than Sunni...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x375
Imagine if the Islamic world was 90% Shia rather than Sunni...
>>
Only 5 lashes instead of 10.

And women only need be buried up to their waste, instead of up to the neck.
>>
imagine if the islamic world had communist regimes for decades and they're nowadays mostly atheist and culturally islamic
>>
>Shi'ites are bro-tier
loving this meme
>>
Don't Shia have that fuckinwotm8 tradition of chopping their own flesh open for the laugh?

Theres a gif floating around of some bloke lashing his own back with a machete and his back just splits open like a skin jacket.

Imagine that being on your streets every year
>>
>>52048703
we don't need more albanians
>>
shias are brotier if u disagree u are butthurt salafist
>>
>>52048703
Everything about Islamic extremism leads back to the Soviet-Afghan war and how Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the US spread wahabbism.
>>
Imagine if NATO didn't try to remove secular leaders simply because they wanted cheaper oil (Iran)

Imagine if NATO didn't chimp out and remove Gadafi

You reap what you sow faggots
>>
>>52048822
I think that islamic culture is ok as culture

But not as a faith because leads to extremism

So I think that one of things that communism did right was laicism in islamic countries.

Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan... the central-asian ex-soviet muslim countries are muslim but totally different to the rest, because they're now peaceful.

Before the soviet union they were caliphates too
>>
File: sayyid qutb.jpg (60 KB, 890x645) Image search: [Google]
sayyid qutb.jpg
60 KB, 890x645
>>52048856
>Everything about Islamic extremism leads back to the Soviet-Afghan war
You need to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>52048703
Brah, USSR inspired secular nationalism was the norm for Middle Eastern politics until like the 70s.
>>
Sunni:
>ISIS
>Al-Qaeda
>Taliban
>Al-Nusra
>FSA
>Haqqani Network
>Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
>Hamas
>Muslim Brotherhood
>Boko Haram
>Al-Shabaab
>Ansar al-Sharia
>Abu Sayyaf
>Al-Badr Brigade
>Ansar al-Islam
>Caucaus Emirate
>Hezb-E Islami
>Islamic Jihad Movement

Shia
>Hezbollah
>Houthis
>Mehdi Army
>>
>>52048703
>>52048822
>>52049078

I think Azerbaijan is the best example of a secular Islamic country after being under the influence of communism.

Keep in mind they still hang gays from cranes, or so I've heard.
>>
>>52049078
It's easy to relapse. The gypsies here were non-religious during communism. Then western evangelics came here and they turned protestan. Now the saudis have come and they turned wahhabi.
>>
>>52049187
Kemalism is easily the best political ideology the Muslim world ever spawned.

Not quite Arab though.
>>
>>52049187
>Keep in mind they still hang gays from cranes, or so I've heard.
I see nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>52049187
Azerbaijan was ok in these things during communism (I'm not a commie, it had really bad things too) but in the fall of the soviet union they developed a turkish-brotherly nationalism embracing islam and these things sadly

It's the same than Ukraine that became stupidly nationalistic after the fall

Anyways Azerbaijan isn't taliban
>>
>>52049179
Well shiites are a minority and most of them live in somewhat homogenous Iran.

Both are cray cray, but i'll give you that, on an internationnal scale they're less of an annoyance. Hwever it can be eplain by geopolitics and how they are mostly self contained outside of lebanon for nstance
>>
>>52049261
Yeah despite the memes, turks knew how to get some things right
>>
>>52048856
nigga.........
>>
>>52049425
Shia extremists kill Sunni extremists like ISIS

Sunni extremists kill Muslims and western civilians
>>
>>52049736
I agree, it's just that statiscally a list of such factions is bound to have more sunnis, for the sake of the argument y'know.

But th self harm shit weirds me out bruh (still better than blowing up markets thpough)
>>
>>52049888
I'm quite sure a grand ayatollah in Iran has issued a fatwa against that sort of gruesome self-flagellation.
>>
>>52049888
Cutting yourself is banned in Iran, Lebanon. I think I some pakis and Indians do it.

Hezbollah and Khameini tell people to donate blood.
>>
>>52050071
>>52050043
good for them then, desu
I might be a bit drunk but has a region is history been as much as a clusterfuck as the middle east nowadays? i feel like a lot of cultural potential is lost on this bullshit
>>
>>52049261
Kemalism is worse than islamism. Remember the genocides, ethnically cleansing, the fascism and social engineering. Stop believing Turkish memes. Kemalism is terrible.
>>
If they were more independent of Iran, it'd be okay. Shias were less crazy before the Islamic Revolution and I imagine they still could be.
But if Iran had the sway it has now, it'd be pretty terrible. One Islamic Republic is enough.
>>
>>52050226
same as baathism. still better than churkas durkin it out in the streets
>>
>>52050226
>genocides
>ethnic cleansing
well meme'd
>>
>>52050198
Nope. It's probably the worst I can think of.

Africa is shittier if you want to count that.
>>
>>52050284
>Denying early 20th century history of Turkey/kemalists.

>>52050258
Or they are all terrible ideologies.
>>
>>52050290
lel, everybody always forgets about africa
white privilege is comfy af if i do say so myself
>>
>>52050284
Kemalism is literally worse than everything. Do you know the shame of learning your native language from dictionary ?
>>
>>52050571
I read somewhere that one of Kemals speeches had to be translated like 3 times over the years because his Turkish was so different to the modern one
>>
>>52050644
They claimed they were going to cleanse Turkish from foreign words because of muh nationalism and stuff. Then they removed only Arabic and Persian ones and replaced them with either retarded mongolian versions or european versions. Literally just fuck my shit up. And these people are called our "saviors"
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.