[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical what if, what if Canada settled the land above the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: what if.jpg (151 KB, 1331x537) Image search: [Google]
what if.jpg
151 KB, 1331x537
Historical what if, what if Canada settled the land above the line in pic related?

Would the U.S. Go to war to annex it?

Would Canada be able to reach superpower status?
>>
yeah I don't think Canada would become a superpower over a couple a flyovers
>>
>>52047898
No. There's nothing there but corn and Prairie Home Companion.

We would have bought it off them anyway.
>>
>>52048006
That is a lot of farmable land if Canada settled them they could grow their population massively desu
>>
>>52047898
Well just having the mid & north west doesn't make them a superpower

If it was never the United States' in the first place, they would have never tried to take it
>>
We have 1/10th the population of the USA

lay off the drugs slimey limey
>>
>>52047898
The loss of chicago would hurt domestic US trade routes tbqh, possibly to the point of serious profit loss
>>
>>52047898
We did. Or well the British did technically speaking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute
>>
>>52048079
I thread is an alternative history, Canada settled that land. Could Canada use that land and build new cities to become a great/superpower
>>
>>52047898
That happened and both were solved in favor of the US in the Oregon and Webston-Ashburton treaties, no?
>>
>>52048156
chicago wouldn't exist is this timeline m80
>>
>>52048230
Yeah I guess, meant more like the chicago area that connects the mississippi to the great lakes
>>
>>52048190

but they have lots of territory, even the lands near the midwst is all empty. dont think it would have changed anything desu
>>
>>52048190
we could build new cities on land we already have except WE HAVE NO PEOPLE
>>
>>52048190
No you fucking moron
>>
>>52047898

no, not really because historically there's very few people in those lands and not a ton of reason for settlers to go anywhere besides Chicago (due to it's prime river trading location) and Oregon (due to farming lands).

However, the main reason people went across the oregon trail in the first place was because they wanted their own lands. Canada didn't have the people to settle it, so unless a lot of families from the US went to canadian oregon, they'd just have more land with less people.
>>
>>52048190
The US still has its vital waterway, the Mississippi, and it has its vital pacific ports in the Pacific. I doubt it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.