[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fellow Americans, Have you ever held a gun and thought you could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 44
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Fellow Americans,

Have you ever held a gun and thought you could do anything?
>>
File: smdh tbh fam.gif (2 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
smdh tbh fam.gif
2 MB, 267x200
>>52035309
Have I fired a gun? Yes.
Did it make me feel I could do anything? No, because I get my confidence from actual accomplishments and ability.
>>
>>52035497

But just think of what you could accomplish with a gun, bro.
>>
>>52035309
Better version:
>Have you ever owned a gun?
>Do you want to own a gun?
>State, City when you live
>Have you ever fired a gun?

-
No
Depends on my circumstances if I feel it is vital to the protection of my family and myself
Georgia, Atlanta
Yes, many times.
>>
>>52035309
>do anything
like what
shoot a school?
>>
>>52035309
>Fellow Americans,
Not an American, but I love intruding.
>Have you ever held a gun and thought you could do anything?
Yes, and no. Shooting is pretty hard, actually... I mean, hitting a man-sized target is one thing.. Shooting an Olympic-style paper target quite another.
>>
>>52035873
>>Have you ever owned a gun?
no
>>Do you want to own a gun?
yes, for self defense, hunting and pissing off gungrabbers
>>State, City when you live
illinois, chicago
>>Have you ever fired a gun?
no
>>
I've held a gun before and I felt invincible with it.
>>
>>52036043

Were you using a marksman (sports) rifle?
>>
File: Anschutz 3 position rifle.png (138 KB, 800x320) Image search: [Google]
Anschutz 3 position rifle.png
138 KB, 800x320
>>52036602

I've only shot 2 rifles in my life that IIRC.. An Anschutz .22LR bolt action carbine (as in: mag fed, short barrel). Very nice rifle.. Also a match-grade Anschutz .22LR that was _very_ heavy, and likely as expensive as it was heavy.
>something like pic related, with a diopter sight

Shot a bunch of handguns though.. Among which a .357 Ruger, a .45 Norinco 1911 clone, a Beretta 92FS, a Beretta 87 Target (.22LR) and a bunch of American .22LR revolvers I forgot the type of. Pretty sure they were S&Ws..

I've shouldered an AR15 when I was in the US, but it was in New York in the midst of the ammo drought, so I didn't get to fire it ;_;
>>
>>52035873
No
Yes. There is no reason to give away power.
Dallas, Texas
A few times over the years, yes.
>>
>>52036851
I own a few guns but I don't like to post pictures of them. Letting people know you have guns is stupid.

I love my waffle guns
-FN FAL
-Atlantic Firearms .308 FAL compact machine pistol
-FN Five Seven

I own a Chinese MAK90, Springfield M1A, Mossin-Nagant, And Mossberg 500 (main personal defense weapon).

I've spent too much money on guns.
>>
>>52037339
>machine pistol

As in, automatic? Or do you just mean 'short'?

>-FN Five Seven

Kek, why? Isn't that thing meme-tier without the special ammo civvies can't get?

No 1911 btw? A 1911 would be the first thing I'd buy if I were an American...
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 566x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 566x347
>>52037473

Yes, it's basically a dinky, expensive .22 pistol.

The machine pistol is called an SA58, it's basically a tiny little FAL with no stock. If you put a stock on it it's an SBR and therefore, illegal.

I don't like firing .45acp, too heavy for pistol caliber. Good stopping power, just not my thing.
>>
>>52037676
>I don't like firing .45acp, too heavy for pistol caliber.

Ever shot the .40 S&W?
>>
>>52037802

No, because the only gun I would've been able to fire it out of was a Glock 22, which has a nasty habit of exploding.
>>
>most americans haven't fired a rocket launcher, thrown handgrenades, driven tanks or flown in army helicopters
>>
>>52037473
1911s are neat piece to own for the historical side, but I wouldn't carry one. Single-stack .45 really isn't enough. Plus, anything you CC needs to be something you don't mind getting banged up if the police confiscate it.
The new ones they're making now are all have this ugly matte finish I'm not a fan of.
Jericho 941s are nice, FNP-45 too, and you're looking at 10+1 or 15+1 to boot. The FNP is pretty big, unsurprisingly, so maybe not the best piece to carry.

If you don't buy into the >9mm meme, a Browning High Power could be worth considering.
>>
>>52035309
>mfw guns are such taboos in liberal America that holding one makes them feel like they are out of control demigods
>>
>Be American
>Get shot
>>
>>52038302
Rule of the Weak is hell t︂b︂︂h
>>
>>52035309
>tfw have to get a licence to own a gun
;_;
yanks saveeee meeee
>>
>>52035873
No
No
Grand Forks, North Dakota
No, surprisingly
>>
>>52038302

I'm not very liberal, and I wasn't raised very liberal. But every time (since I was 8) I've held a gun I've always felt like I could do whatever the fuck I wanted.
>>
>>52038635
>Tfw your butter knife license expired
>>
>>52038635
why don't you save yourself, stop being a waster and get a license.
>>
File: MAKE AMERICA.png (197 KB, 421x427) Image search: [Google]
MAKE AMERICA.png
197 KB, 421x427
>>52038749
Too poor and I don't think mummy and daddy want gun around the house tbqh
>>52038735
we all know that feel
>>
>>52038635
>gun licensee
that is the smartest method with handling guns
>>
>>52038915

It really is...
I don't get why conservatives hate it so much. It keeps guns out of the hands of total fucking retards and supreme gentlemen.
>>
>>52039054
It's the uneven application of permits that causes the dislike. Why do we require permits for guns but not to vote?
Why are we placing different restrictions on constitutional rights?
>>
I've never touched a gun in my life
>>
>>52038701
>>mfw guns are such taboos in liberal America that holding one makes them feel like they are out of control demigods

For your own sake and that of your country, get rid of your guns.
>>
>>52039054
But guns are already registered and all buyers get background checks, shouldn't that suffice?
>>
>>52039054
>needing a license to exercise a right

ehh nah
>>
>>52039351
Also they can deny you a license, effectively curbing your rights, for no good reason.
Licenses are needed to own guns here, but they won't accept self-defense as a valid reason to issue one, so unless you're a hunter or professional shooter, tough luck. No home defense for you. Call 911, lock yourself in a room and hope you don't get shot while the police takes several minutes to get there.
>>
File: 2015-11-22%2011.31.23.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22%2011.31.23.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>52035309
I have two guns, but holding them doesn't make me feel like I can do anything. Probably because I'm not some kind of a retard.
>>
>>52035873
No
Yes
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yes
>>
File: UK-Firearm-Homicide-Rate.png (55 KB, 598x464) Image search: [Google]
UK-Firearm-Homicide-Rate.png
55 KB, 598x464
>>52038915
yes but the crime rate goes up even when we banned handguns tbqh
>>
>>52039054
guns are a right. just like you wouldn't need a license to exercise free speech, you shouldn't need a license to buy a gun.
there are 300 million guns in here as it is. criminals can easily smuggle guns.
gun licensing will simply make it difficult for civilians to arm themselves.
>>
>>52039723
Comfy range, Finnbro
Are you the guy with the Valmet/Sako?
>>
File: going full euphoric.webm (2 MB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
going full euphoric.webm
2 MB, 490x360
Felt more powerful and euphoric when I held a katana.
>>
Feels good to live in a country where I can just walk outside and start a revolution if I wanted to
>>
Never fired a gun desu, fired air rifles though. Held my dad's shotgun too.
>>
>>52035873
>>Have you ever owned a gun?
No.
>>Do you want to own a gun?
Yes. I want an AK47, Glock17, Remington, and a few others.
>>State, City when you live
NC
>>Have you ever fired a gun?
Yes.
>>
>>52039939
I don't understand why. It's not like everyone had a handgun and suddenly they were all taken away so they couldn't defend themselves.
>>
>>52040032
>police drive around in armoured cars and tanks

AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>52039971
Yeah, that same pedo.
>>
>>52035309

Yes

There's power behind a bullet
>>
>>52040142
People don't even realize that 99% of the time the only use those things see is during floods or tornadoes
>>
When I was abroad some shop owner let my little 10 year old brother shoot with a bb-gun uzi.

The dumbass held it with one hand and didn't expect the recoil, so he hit pretty much everything in the store. Which was pretty funny.
>>
>>52040267
My grandpa used to have a couple hunting rifles. But I don't know what happened to them.
>>
>>52040093
idk lad
it came back down again when we hired more police tbqh
>>
>>52038915
LOOK OUT! A PALESTINIAN WITH A KNIFE!
>>
>>52039571
Even the huezilian understands.
>>
>>52040011
>tfw depression cured by handling the katana
God it feels good to be motivated.
>>
What do other Americans think about our current gun laws? I feel like they're too strict. The idea of a national registry, magazine limits, and other shit really triggers me.
The only thing I could possibly agree on is background checks. But even then, I have a few issues with it.
In your view how should the constitution be interpreted? Should there be "gun free" zones (schools, banks, etc.)?
Personally, I feel like the only areas where CCWs should not be allowed is bars and clubs.
>>
>>52039723
Does it not get boring shooting static targets?
>>
Yes. I own 8 or 9.
N/A
Phoenix, AZ
Yes. There is a free outdoor range a few miles away.
>>
>>52039339
shit like this is why you surrender to the natzis
>>
>>52040558
Don't schools in burgerland have security guards? Why don't you just arm them?

I can just see accidents happening if teachers started bringing guns to school.
>>
>>52035309
My dad was right there to slap me upside the head if I was doing something unsafe. A gun is not a toy.
>>
>>52035873
Yes.
Yes.
>Prov, City when you live
Vancouver BC
Obviously.

Anything? No, it's just a tool. It doesn't cure cancer or make you more manly.
Does it make me think I can get a double lung shot on a 4 point buck at 70 meters away, yes but that is about how far as it goes.
>>
>>52040630
Depends on the school. That is an issue which can be solved by proper training and required courses. Also accidental fires is much less worrying than shooters being able to cut through a school like butter. Accidental fires also apply to gun owners everywhere; yet I rarely here about CCWs going off.
>>
>>52040559
Does a boxer get bored when just hitting a punching bag? Maybe sometimes, but it's training. And there's a surprising amount of fun to be had on the range when you go with friends, and even alone.
>>
>>52040093
It's an advertisement of opportunity when things are banned. Whenever you look at history, banning shit is the best way to make a problem get worse. It's easier to make it legal but control it through the government regulations.
>>
>>52040558
The big issue is that our old laws aren't constantly re-evaluated. We've still got reactionary laws from the 30's outlawing secondary grips on pistols because Dillinger got his 1911 made into an automatic.
Problem is, no one wants the laws re-evaluated either because they'd probably end up more strict because of uninformed masses. Thank God Texas and others are at least updating their knife laws and finally defining just what things like "dirk" means. Plus we get switchblades now, so no Baltimore nonsense over what is and is not legal.

More things need to be distributed, like how the USDA oversees the CCW permits, too.
>>
>>52040937
>but it's training

For what? Do you hunt? If so alright desu
>>
>>52040877
Talking more about a student managing to get to a gun a teacher has on them.

Unless you make teachers that wish to have a gun on them do a course or training, but then people will go muh freedoms.
>>
>>52040032
>I can just walk outside and start a revolution if I wanted to

Easier said then done. You need some Mao Zedong level tactician skills. You need precursors and an educated think alike populace to start an actual revolution.
the states doesn't have standardized education and the government isn't pissing enough people off.
>>
>>52041060
No, I don't hunt.
>>
>>52041223
What are you training for then, sport?

Do the targets pop up at the range?
>>
File: 1445794489316.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1445794489316.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
Question to Americans: Have you ever threatened somebody with your gun? Were they black? Did they sue you?
>>
>>52039339
>>52039339
>For your own sake and that of your country, get rid of your guns.

When did banning things ever work?
>>
>>52041101
>student managing to get to a gun a teacher has on them
and how would that happen? these guns are concealed and in holsters. there are well designed holsters that prevent this from happening.
unless teachers leave guns lying around. you're criticizing a very imaginary problem m8.
>>
>>52040630
We had one officer in the building by law. They carried a side arm, taser, you name it. Only one officer though.
It's not just the guards really. The county I came out of was getting all its high schools rebuilt and were adding these metal shutters that presumably would drop during fires, lockdowns, etc. Bottom of the shutter was just metal, no flattened or gripping surface any where. When those things came down it looked like some mechanical system was needed to raise them. More systems like that would go a long way, as would actually including those metal detectors all of them say they might search visitors with.
That, and not making everything out of glass. What's the point of locking a door when there's a massive window looking out into the hallway?
Teachers could qualify to CCW at work, if we're still going on about the permits for everything trend.

>be in texas
>CCW on campus bill passed
>no guns in dorms though
At least we don't have mandatory gun safe laws.
>>
>>52040568
>>52041337

I'm not saying ban it in general, I'm just asking him as an individual..
>>52038701
>But every time (since I was 8) I've held a gun I've always felt like I could do whatever the fuck I wanted

That is not healthy.
>>
>>52041244
>What are you training for then, sport?
When I need to use the skills, I'll know.
>>
>>52041432
Am I? Seems like a lot of children in the US get killed after an adult has left a gun around or w/e. They might be law abiding citizens but I'm sure a lot of American gun owners are incompetent, same with car drivers.
>>
>>52041469
It's a bit depressing that your schools need all this security don't you think? Metal shutters sound a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>52041140
>Mao Zedong level tactician skills.
Force people to make steel in their back yards?
>>
>>52035873

- No
- Yup
- São Paulo
- Yes
>>
>>52041581
Shit happens. It's usually a good thing to prepare for unfortunate eventualities, the same reason why cars have seatbelts and kitchens have fire extinguisers.
>>
File: IMG_20140905_145754.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140905_145754.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>52041515
And what would that use be?
>>
>>52041286
They were black but they didn't sue. Just souped.
>>
>>52041286
Guy tried to take my lawnmower once, so I walked outside with a revolver and told him to get lost
>tfw he was white
>>
>>52041516
Yes you are. Have you ever shot a handgun? When I'm carrying my handgun, no one knows I have it on me. How would students know their teacher has a gun much less know where it is? Are they going to frisk their teachers?

>comparing people leaving guns laying around their house to teachers leaving guns in the classroom
You would have to look at the amount of guns, gun owners, and children killed. Seeing as there 300 million guns out there, no doubt there are going to be stupid owners. The same is true of every single device or tool in existence. Seeing as this is preventable and not an unavoidable result of owning a gun, it's no reason to limit access.
>>
>>52041785
Poor bear
>>
>>52041516
It's a fair point, but those cases you're talking about is something around the house, where some kid does something dumb after a parent didn't pack up properly.

It might work for schools, but I'd still be concerned about inner city schools.

>>52041581
depressing from a legal standpoint that schools are so worried about a lawsuit.
I've got no problems with a panic button existing, especially when the shutters were only around the main entrances.
Here's the thing: high school kids are already reliant on others for their protection. It's not efficient to have enough personnel to fill that role, so automated systems are the best choice. The metal fire doors we had locked anyway, so the shutters are the same thing really, just ones that can't be forced open. There could be a concern about trapping people in with a fire, but those doors do it anyway and are fire marshal-approved. You'd need a crowbar to open them in their current form, and no student or teacher has that anyway.
>>
>>52041785
>Killing a bear for the sole purpose of "fun". Not even for survival or eating purposes.

Have you tried using the rifle on yourself?
>>
>>52041785
>question to Americans
>>
>>52041886
True but when a teacher has to protect a load of children they should have training.
>>52041924
Fair enough.
>>
>>52041624
>Force people to make steel in their back yards?

That isn't tactic. That is called an economic campaign.
As a MILITARY TACTICIAN he was unstoppable against the nationalists during the civil war prior to his centralized power. You can't win a revolution if you keep losing battles.
>>
>>52041932
You don't have bear problems like North America does, do you?
Maine started issuing bear hunting permits sometime in the past five years, and New York is considering or already passed legislation to issue cougar hunting permits.
It's not because they want to encourage hunting for sport, but because those are dangerous animals that need their populations controlled.
>>
>>52041785
B-but I thought black bears were cowards, did you really have to kill it?
>>
>>52035309
No. I don't fetishize weapons. I like guns for target shooting and hunting, but survivalists and other gun nuts creep me out.
If you feel you need a gun for protection from other humans, you're either a psycho, or you need to move somewhere nicer.
>>
>>52041932
>>52042057
>Bear dindu nuffin, was just tryin' to go to college
>>
>>52042106
BEAR LIVES MATTER
>>
File: 1410557934441.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1410557934441.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>52042097
>he thinks guns are any different than cars
>>
>>52041998
I agree with that. It should be like getting a driving license. 10-12 hour required course.
My main point though was that guns are pretty easy to keep and maintain.
>pic related
This is my concealed carry gun. It's slightly smaller than my hand and it has no safety. There is only a trigger safety (small button infront of trigger which must be depressed before gun will fire).
I carry it 99% of the time and I've never come close to a negligent discharge or someone even knowing I'm carrying.
>>
>>52035873
>Have you ever owned a gun
Yea I've had a few things
>Do you want to own a gun
I'd like to continue to, yes
>State, city where you live
Virginia, Richmond
>Have you ever fired a gun
Yes
>>
>>52042153
Oh here we go.

A gun is a weapon not a tool or w/e. A knife is a tool. A spanner is a tool. Both a knife and a spanner can be used as a weapon but they're not specifically made to be a weapon.

Yanks are shit drivers though I'd be fucking supporting tougher driving tests desu because fuck knows what's going on with yours.
>>
>>52039054
>it's slightly more illegal so criminals won't do it anymore
>>
>>52041720
Don't ask stupid questions.
>>
>>52042233
Noice

Do revolvers have safeties?
>>
>>52042057
black bears may not be as aggressive as other bears, but they have done more spree killings than any other bear, IIRC.
>>
>>52042356
No, only a couple weird ones
>>
>>52035309

At ten meters, yes. I am a killing machine

After twenty meters, no. Turns out I'm retarded and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
>>
>>52042356

Not typically.. Some modern ones do though. Old single action revolvers were often carried with the hammer on an empty chamber for safety, and modern revolvers are pretty unlikely to accidentally fire when the hammer is down..
>>
File: 1449928029872.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1449928029872.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>52042233
are you a kid?
>>
>>52041889
>>52041932
>>52042057
>assuming every hunter kills for sport

"Just souped" means I ate her you illiterates.

>>52041945
I still reside on the North American continent.
>>
>>52035309
Will that gun grow up to be a ak47?
>>
>>52035834
What are you implying?
>>52035873
Yes
Yes
Have lived in rural Illinois and Ohio. Currently splitting my time between Pueblo, Colorado and the Burlington, Vermont areas.
Countless times since I was a kid. I was raised around hunters, and I used to go hunting target shooting just about every other weekend. I love guns, but muh self defense and muh constuhtooshun weirdos have convinced me that stricter gun control is necessary.
>>
>>52042503
Fudd detected
>>
>>52042493
You didn't need to eat her though did you?
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 800x800
>>52035873
>when you live
>>
>>52042493
I should have specified: Unitedstatians.
>>
>>52042493
I had no idea people ate bears.
What does it taste like?
>>
>>52038302
I'm a liberal, and I was raised with and live guns. It's the freaks who get a power rush when they hold one that cause me concern.
>>
>>52042553
If you're gonna shoot an animal, you'd best eat it.

Don't kill shit just for kicks.
>>
>>52042250
"gun nuts" is what drew the ire, not any arguments about the essence of a gun. Far too often that term is used for collectors or people who simply like the technical or historical perspective of things, same as "car nuts". Apocalypse-preppers are nutcases, sure, but "gun nut" gets thrown around far too often attempting to describe the wrong thing.
>>
>>52038701
You sound like a flaky little fruitcake. You shouldn't have guns, Elliott.
>>
>>52042503
>I love guns, but muh self defense and muh constuhtooshun weirdos have convinced me that stricter gun control is necessary.
May I ask why? Those are the people who have already stockpiled guns and are least likely to give them up. Why would you want to make it harder for the average citizen to get a gun and protect themselves and their home?

A shotgun in the house is the best way to protect yourself. The best police force will respond in minutes whilst a gun takes seconds.
>>
>>52042677
>Apocalypse-preppers are nutcases
have any of them gone on a shooting or something of the sort?
As long as they don't harm others who cares about them buying large amounts of canned foods and guns?
It's not such a bad idea. I have a couple of generators, 4 gallons of gas, and several gallons of water laying around in my garage.
>>
File: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.jpg (121 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.jpg
121 KB, 720x960
>>52042503
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED .
>>
I've got a 9mm handgun and a 308 semi auto.

I shoot guns.

I like shooting clay more than targets. Shooting targets is more like Barbie "tacticool edition" for most people.
>>
>>52041286
May or may not have once racked a 12 gauge while telling my friend's mother's tweaker ex boyfriend to kick rocks.

He showed up at my house looking for them in the dark uninvited and hit the friend's brother in the face and ribs with a bat and ignored demands that he leave until it was guntime.
>>
File: 1449384054327.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1449384054327.png
1 MB, 912x905
>mfw gun owners act like persecuted minorities
>mfw they think gun control means BANNING MUH FREEDUMS
>mfw their understanding of the world is relegated to one extreme or the other
>>
File: beaverlol_zpsa021b651.png (31 KB, 802x534) Image search: [Google]
beaverlol_zpsa021b651.png
31 KB, 802x534
The only feeling I have when I hold my guns is FREEDOM
>>
>>52041286
>threaten
No
>sue
That's aggravated assault and brandishing. Those are crimes.
>>
>>52042635
Completely agree but I feel people do it for fun and not to eat. They have access to plenty of food yet they choose to go and hunt. I'm not against hunting, but I dunno.
>>
>>52042804
how is limiting what a person can own not a restriction of their freedom?
>>
>>52041785
Yours? Nice.
>>52041932
>not eating a delicious black bear
Why assume that?
>>
>>52042792
Why would you shoot guns and not targets?
>>
>>52042804
>>mfw gun owners act like persecuted minorities
In Canada we are. We literally give up certain rights that every other Canadian has simply because we own guns.
>>
>>52042153
Yeah, because my car drives itself a mile away from me when I start it up.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>52042969
Gun owners here are usually posh people who live in the country and go hunting or farmer, or both.
>>
>>52042553
We live in a society of excess and you play the 'need' card? k lol

I pay $12 at a grocer for a whole chicken that I'll eat in two days.

I pay $0.75 for a bullet for a;
>Deer @ 1-3 months
>Bear @ 3-5 months
>Elk @ 3-5 months
>Moose@ 8-12months

That isn't considering waterfowl or small game which if I spend 3 hours of a morning can shoot a bag limit of 10 grouse or 8 rabbits. Like man... Im a student and I don't have much money but I save a lot by hunting. Also my tag draws go to the BC Wildlife foundation that pays for people to monitor the wildlife populations and well-being. I do more for conservation then the average PETApleb.
>>
>>52042842
It's that whole argument of equality (not legal equality mind you) versus freedom.
If you can't go out and make choices that better your own life and make it superior to that of another, then you're not free. Getting your own food, and therefore hunting, is just part of that.
Emerson's plot of land and all that.
>>
File: 1439810642325.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1439810642325.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>52035873

Yes
Yes
>State, City where you live
Čakovec, Croatia
Yeah, grew up during the war and when my dad came back from it he always put focus on the family being able to protect themselves when he isn't around
>>
>>52043033
>>Deer @ 1-3 months
>>Bear @ 3-5 months
>>Elk @ 3-5 months
>>Moose@ 8-12months
Holy shit. Will they actually last that long? I never knew that.
Do you skin and cut the meat yourself or do you take it to a butcher?
How much meat does a Deer, Bear, Elk, or Moose yield? How do you know that the meat is safe for consumption?
>>
>>52043033
Good to hear mate. Not anti hunting, just anti a certain type of people who don't show respect.

That fucking dentist who shot that lion for example is a tosser.

Is small game even worth it though? All that preparation for fuck all meat.
>>
>>52043126
>That fucking dentist who shot that lion for example is a tosser.
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Do you think animals show respect when they kill each other?
As long as you don't torture an animal doesn't matter whether or not you show respect.
>>
>>52042691
>the crazies already have guns
>let's allow them to get more, and to stockpile ammo
K
>>52042790
>well regulated
>militia
Sure, I'm all for the National Guard being able to have guns.
>>52042535
Dern tootin', ya dude
>>
>>52043033
>all that elk
Can we hang out?
>>
File: Liberals.png (487 KB, 779x1414) Image search: [Google]
Liberals.png
487 KB, 779x1414
>>52043126
>Good to hear mate. Not anti hunting, just anti a certain type of people who don't show respect.

Wish we had more reasonable people like you. The anti-hunter crowd in Canada is insufferable considering it's such a big part of our culture
>>
>>52042597
Depends on the year. It's seasonal. Since bears hibernate if you eat a spring black then it's going to taste like bigfoot's dick.
If you eat a summer bear its going to be like a fatty beef that has super tough spots that take ages to chew but it's got a good flavour, kinda like a tangy sweetness actually.
If you eat a bear in the fall, it's going to be fatty as fuck. Good for jerky tho. loses the sweetness but it's pretty much a fat piece of beef at that point.
>>
>>52042925
That isn't mine, that was shot inland. I live in the lowermainland. I hunt Mulies and Blacks but that specific one isn't mine.
>>
>>52043204
He travelled halfway around the world to 'hunt' ( I use the term very loosely as he probably drove with some guides and was shown were the lion would be) and pulled the trigger killing a lion for no reason other than 'fun'.

Do you really think that's not a cunty thing to do?
>>52043293
Isn't hunting a mother with cubs against laws?
>>
>>52043205
You didn't respond to my point mate. The people you don't want to have guns already have many guns and large amounts of ammunition. Since the election of Obama they've been worried about losing guns.
When you institute harsher regulations, these people will not give up their guns. They will simply hide them.
Mean whilst the regular citizen will give up his gun or he will just be unarmed.
I really don't understand your logic mate. Why do you want to limit gun ownership to the government and criminals (the only people who own guns when guns are banned)?

>Sure, I'm all for the National Guard being able to have guns.
Read the full passage. He is not saying only militias or formal military should be able to own guns. He is saying people should. It's right there:
>"the right of the people to keep and bear arms"
not "the right of militias".
>>
>>52042804
>>mfw gun owners act like persecuted minorities
Explain to me how we are not, please.
>>
>>52043293
You're not really much of a hunter if you're the one that gets hunted though now are you.
>>
>>52043393
The bear attacked a hunter who was legally hunting other animals. Probably deer
>>
>>52043393
>Do you really think that's not a cunty thing to do?
As long as he doesn't torture the animal or make it suffer, no it's not that cunty.
>>
>>52043126
It's good meat though. Catching a trout only costs me time, but I get a gourmet-tier meal for basically nothing else.
No opportunity cost if I do it over vacation time either.

Dunno if rabbits are worth it, but I figure you could skin and gut the thing easily enough, stew it, and let the foxes get a meal off the rest of it.
>>
>>52043465
Hunting lions is kind of cunty, though, as it's a species vulnerable to extinction.
>>
File: 1447059197579.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1447059197579.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>>52043205
>trusting the government to protect you

>Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect-someone.html
>>
>>52043393
I'm not defending the guy, but trophy hunting gets a bad rep because of ignorance and muh morals

Many of these professionally organized African trophy hunts are beneficial to the area. The legit hunts involve old, useless animals, and the meat goes to nearby communities. There is nothing wrong with them when done right.
>>
>>52042913
Restrictions on freedom with justification is reasonable.

>>52042969
You could give up your toys then

>>52043432
Because you get to own them relatively easily. Also they're basically toys you bring down to the range unless you live in Nunavut.
>>
File: 1438974536800.jpg (145 KB, 660x751) Image search: [Google]
1438974536800.jpg
145 KB, 660x751
I thought I could end all pain... but I couldn't pull the trigger
>>
>>52043465
Cunty in his motivations not the killing itself. The bear probably died instantly. I'm calling him a cunt because he sounds like he did it to feel in power or w/e, I dunno, just weird.
>>52043476
I like the taste of rabbit but it doesn't seem worth it. You'll probably get more from stewed rabbit than just fillets or w/e. Can use the bits for stock maybe? Also the fur for stuff but isn't dealing with fur a pain in the arse?
>>52043596
I know, I'm just questioning the type of person who trophy hunts and their reason for doing it.
>>
File: 1449385615379.png (334 KB, 461x418) Image search: [Google]
1449385615379.png
334 KB, 461x418
>>52043571
>LandOfTheFreeHomeOfTheBrave.webm
>>
File: 1421109421829.jpg (75 KB, 476x600) Image search: [Google]
1421109421829.jpg
75 KB, 476x600
>>52043599
maybe in canada
>>
>>52043408
>not give up their guns
Why is the desire to take away guns that someone already owns the assumption?
>people
>well regulated
Even if we're talking about individuals, it still says well regulated.
>>52043571
And as you become more conspiracy theorist-sounding, I care less about what you have to say. Alex Jones gambit's fanboys are no better than snackbars 2bh.
At a certain point, ideology has to take a backseat to pragmatism.
>>
>>52043562
The old lions Westerners are allowed to hunt don't breed and only kill cubs though. And it brings a lot of money to preservation.

Not saying that it isn't a cunty thing to do, but there are some arguments in defense of hunting lions.
>>
>>52043599
>if you don't like being treated like a second class citizen just stop owning guns lel

You are a dumb motherfucker who should leave this country right now
>>
File: 1449286332387.jpg (35 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1449286332387.jpg
35 KB, 600x539
>>52043725
>muh appeal to authority
>muh completely unrestricted freedums or Stalinist russia
>muh inability to understand nuance or middle-ground
>>
>>52043782
Yeah, makes sense now that you mention it.
>>
>>52043599
>Restrictions on freedom with justification is reasonable.
But it never is reasonable.
>>
>>52043818
>i'm a moderate therefore i won't stand for my rights
ok
>>
File: fucking plebs.jpg (139 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
fucking plebs.jpg
139 KB, 579x527
>>52043759
>posting real video

>posting ny times article

how is this a conspiracy theory?
>>
>>52043783
>if you don't like being treated like a second class citizenl
By whom exactly? The police? If you think they're mean to you but nice to everyone else you're a dumbass. I have a friend that owns like 10 guns but he doesn't bitch and moan like a whiny faggot.
>>
>>52043599
If only our lawmakers were reasonable.
>you can't buy any magazines larger than 20 rounds in this state
>but if you drive 30 minutes north you can!
>>
>>52043599
>relatively easily

Anti gun faggots are always so ignorant.

I have a background check done on my EVERY DAY because I own a gun. When was the last time you had a background check?
>>
>>52043782
This
Would I ever do it? Hell no. I get no joy from killing things, but I like to hunt my own meat. If something should die for me, it should die by me.
>>52043818
Welcome to the US. Fucking daffy shit, huh?
>huh = eh, Gordon
>>
>>52043759
>it still says well regulated
When describing the militia, not the right to bear arms. Well regulated refers to the arrangement and training of the militia. Not to the limits on owning arms.

>the assumption
You haven't stated any of your specific beliefs about good gun control measures. Just that people who gun "nuts" shouldn't own them.
How many of these Alex Jones people or gun nuts have actually gone out and harmed people.

>pragmatism
I don't see how you're being pragmatic. Is there a demonstrated need for more gun control? Have any of these gun nuts or preppers been going around and killing people?
>>
>>52043890
>muh constuhtooshun
>muh puhleese state
>>
>>52043599
and who gets to define what is reasonable?
>>
>oh god the thread is suddenly retarded
>check the clock

School's out boyos
>>
>>52043982
>he wants to debate
Stop being autistic.
Make it harder for anyone to get a gun. Mandatory safety lessons, and severely conditional licensing.
>muh rights
So let's amend the constitution. You know we can do that, right?
>>
File: 1420380367884.jpg (531 KB, 660x2816) Image search: [Google]
1420380367884.jpg
531 KB, 660x2816
>>52043818
>gun control
>middle ground

Lmao fuck off.

Gun control has always and will always be a slippery slope. Multiple countries and states prove this.
>>
File: 35542_1152.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
35542_1152.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
>>52043121
>Will they actually last that long?
Depends on how much meat you eat. I eat a lot of veggies too. My roommates are vegan so, im the only one who eats it. Once it's sealed and frozen, it can last a year.
>Do you skin and cut the meat yourself or do you take it to a butcher?
Pic related.

>How much meat does a Deer, Bear, Elk, or Moose yield?
This is a big answer. So it depends on species, sex, and time of year. A mulie buck can weigh like 50lbs to 80lbs and the only weight that comes off that is organs (excluding kidneys, heart, and liver), bone, hide, and antlers.
So I can get maybe like 30lbs to 60lbs of meat from a mule buck.
Bear, that varies on size. average Id say like, 70lbs, but I don't eat oragns.
Elk, 90 maybe 100.
Moose.... jesus fuck, Have to hunt in groups and quater it up in the field. maybe in total, 1500lbs of meat? That is just a guess, I have no real Idea.

>How do you know that the meat is safe for consumption?
Checking the orifices for blood, pus, foam, parasites, discolouration, abnormalities. Checking the liver for discolouration or white spots. Should be a deep solid purple. Checking for anything that would indicate sickness, really. Some deer get pretty sick.

>>52043126
>That fucking dentist who shot that lion for example is a tosser.

Yea, I do agree that sport hunting is boring and not very rewarding.
African big game safaries make a lot of money and to buy a tag to actually shoot that lion would cost a lot of money and as long as the money goes into lion conservation... ehhh, im inclined to say Im ok with it. However. If it goes to the government and not to aid the lion population, then it shouldn't be done.
>>
>>52044155
No. I think you should fuck off. If you don't like the 2A then go ahead and try to amend it. Good luck getting the votes to do so.

Until then. Shall not be infringed. Come and take it faggot.
>>
File: 1426248526849.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1426248526849.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>52043983
>inane drivel

you are projecting pretty hard bro

do you really think you are having a conversation with a single person?
>>
>>52043903
>By whom exactly?
The government and our "justice system"

Gun owners are treated like parolees. Any small infraction with the gun regulations and we can unreasonably harsh consequences. Our license expires and we get caught with our guns before our new license comes in the mail? Criminally charged. A guy fires warning shots to ward off people fucking firebombing his house? Criminally charged up the ass. (Yes this happened)

You don't know because you don't look into this shit. I do.
>>
File: 12-10-2014-2-19-42-PM.png (11 KB, 309x424) Image search: [Google]
12-10-2014-2-19-42-PM.png
11 KB, 309x424
>>52044155
>Make it harder for anyone to get a gun.
Your policies would not make it harder for people to get a gun. They would make it harder for people to legally purchase guns. Do drug laws make it had for kids to get drugs?
>Mandatory safety lessons, and severely conditional licensing.
Again, I have to ask why we should pass those laws. What is the motivation or the need? Is there a large amount of people getting guns legally and going out on rampages?
In the most recent years support for gun rights has actually risen.

>pic related
a popular vote would probably not go in your direction
>>
File: 1425253248672.jpg (84 KB, 484x483) Image search: [Google]
1425253248672.jpg
84 KB, 484x483
>>52043599
>Because you get to own them relatively easily. Also they're basically toys you bring down to the range unless you live in Nunavut.

>Treating a weapon as a toy.
>mrw
>>
>>52044165
Holy shit that's a lot of meat. I never knew you could get so much. But when I think about it, it really does make sense.
How did you learn how to hunt?
>>
File: texas.jpg (354 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
texas.jpg
354 KB, 1600x1200
>>52044155
the funny thing is that the more you restrict, the higher the price goes. you'll turn bubba into an over night millionaire
>>
>>52044165
>If it goes to the government and not to aid the lion population, then it shouldn't be done.
>government of President for Life, Ruler of the Known Universe, and Generally Pretty Cool Guy Okayfortune Muhjibbatumbo, phd
Unfortunately, that's usually what happens.
>>
>>52044370
What's wrong with shooting for fun, tho
>>
>>52035873
No
Yes, I really want one
San Diego, California
I've only been shooting once but my friend had a bunch of different ones he let mentrt.
>>
>>52043599
>Because you get to own them relatively easily

Go get your RPAL and tell me that with a straight face.
>>
>>52038701
>I'm not very liberal
Yes you are Steven
>>
Walked into a bar with a 357 mag in my bag.
felt glorious
>>
File: 1305779646706.jpg (66 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1305779646706.jpg
66 KB, 700x467
>>52035309
>mericans making a deal of helding a gun
>fucking 60% of finns compact snipers
>>
>>52042793
You should have finished the job and claimed self defense
>>
File: 1382982871422.jpg (139 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1382982871422.jpg
139 KB, 640x960
>>52044450
>What's wrong with shooting for fun, tho

Nothing as long as the weapon isn't treated like a toy. It's a tool and it's dangerous if used by barrel sweeping nignogs.
When I let people shoot my guns for the first time, I put only one round in battery because after they shoot sometimes they will turn to look at you with a big smile. All I see when they turn to look at me is my own bore aiming at my groin.

Some people just don't respect firearms or are just ignorant of how to behave safely with them.
I can say with much confidence, >>52043599
doesn't respect guns and has probably never used one with a safe manner.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/safe_sur/acts-tpto-eng.htm
>>
>>52044772
>compact snipers

What
>>
>>52044859
Never get in between a fight between a woman and her "abusive" boyfriend.
99% of the time those women chose these guys. And if you hurt the guy, they'll hurt you. Call the police and leave.
>>
>>52044405
You start by shooting squirrels to increase your hunting level.
>>
>>52044928
tiny simo hayha figurine you keep in your pocket for good luck, it's a finnish tradition
>>
>>52041581
My school didn't need that shit because I don't live in the ghetto. Most of the crazy school security stuff is from "inner city" neighborhoods.
>>
>>52044928
There little snipers, like instead of a big sniper bar, they're sent it in a bag full of fun sized snipers.
>>
>>52044405
>How did you learn how to hunt?

My dad, gun club members. But when I moved to BC there is a provincial requirement to take a program that educates hunters on how to ethically take shots and identify animals so you don't shoot something out of seaons.
The fine for shooting something illegal or out of season is stupidly high so... pay attention in hunting class lol.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10 KB, 299x168
>>52045040
>>
>>52044859
Believe me I would have loved to had he not turned around and started walking away when he heard it. Had enough of that one. The cops were already on their way too, they were cool with me for once but they knew him by his first name already.

>>52044948
The woman wasn't even around. It was just my buddy, his brother and I hanging out at my place. He essentially followed us to my house after we picked the woman up from his apartment where they were having a screaming match we could hear from outside that ended with him waving a knife around. We dropped her off at her place and went back to mine, he showed up there with a bat looking for trouble and refused to leave.

Dude has some issues, fuck that guy.
>>
>>52045040
haha funny realistic frech man
>>
>>52041581
Something like that could probably be useful for fires, storms (depending on region) and plain old after hours security. If you're getting something that's multipurpose like a gate, you may as well prepare for the worst
>>
>>52035309
You're the sort of person who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near firearms
>>
>BE AMERICAN
>HOLD GUN
>GET SHOT

IT'S THAT EASY
>>
File: xwKTifH.jpg (40 KB, 555x357) Image search: [Google]
xwKTifH.jpg
40 KB, 555x357
>>52049309
>>
>>52042503
>fudds have access to the internet
Learn something new every day
>>
>>52035309
I felt that feel when I had full military kit on. With the gun and helmet, armour, vest etc. you do actually feel more powerful.
But I don't have that feel if I'm just holding a gun during a hunting trip for example.
>>
>>52043599
McFucking kill yourself, authoritarian fascist scum
>>
>>52053391
Anarchists are so delusional
>>
File: 1445476258571.png (753 KB, 995x704) Image search: [Google]
1445476258571.png
753 KB, 995x704
>>52043205
>national guard
>not part of the government
you are a special kind of buttfucking dumbass you know that? growing up as a liberal made me not like guns of any kind at all. Now that I understand the need for liberty and the need for the ability of the people to act independently of the government in situations, I understand the need for the private ownership of any firearm deemed necessary to protect ones self. Also, THE GOVERNMENT OWNS THE FUCKING NATIONAL GUARD.
>>
File: american.jpg (57 KB, 720x647) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
57 KB, 720x647
>>52044160
this man get it
>>
>>52035873
>no
>no
>suburb of Philly
>yes, just a pistol though
>>
> be americunt
> get shot
>>
>>52055842
>amerinoguns
>>
Hey /k/ comeon in, we ahave a party going on here
>>
>>52040558
all federal buildings are "gun free" zones other than that its up to who owns the property, some banks also have a no hoodie or sunglasses policy as well.
>>
>>52035309
No. I'm not a psychotic Dutchfag.
>>
>>52035309
Fuck no, I can barely tell the difference between a rifle, musket, and pistol, and I still have no fucking idea how the caliber system works.
NRA pls educate me
>>
>>52054333
The government represents the people.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.