[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are Christians viewed in your country ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: germancatholicgrill.jpg (29 KB, 468x313) Image search: [Google]
germancatholicgrill.jpg
29 KB, 468x313
How are Christians viewed in your country ?
>>
File: 1413064147817.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1413064147817.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
The Christians here think the Earth is flat and that Jesus made Dinosaurs 5,000 years ago, so they're generally seen as a joke.

Then you have the Fundamentalist Atheists who were raised in prod households and have the same mentality as their Christian parents, but with Atheism instead of Christianity.

I hate this.
>>
>>52014967

nice herpa derpa there professor
>>
>How are Christians viewed in your country ?
On television.
>>
>>52014852
like normal people
being protestant or anything else is seen as subhuman
>>
File: image (5).jpg (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
image (5).jpg
2 KB, 128x128
neutral as it should be
at school christians were the loudest and most annoying fuckers ever. Always talking about "easter camp" and other gay shit.

I was chilling at lunch time once and this guy comes up to me "you know you've sinned" and I was like what. He slipped this invitation and it was some christianity youth group thing where they convert non believers. He saw me the next day and was like "I didn't see you there". fucking weird
>>
>>52014852
With eyes, on a case by case basis
Just kidding
Too many people actually are Christians to form a stereotype
>>
I am a Christian, at worst Christian are seen as stupid and bigot or naive. But most people here are Christian at the end of the day, and the truly anti-Christian are just a loud minority.

Once I had a bf break up with me for being too religious. It hurt at the time but now I met someone who I genuinely love a lot and shares a lot of my values so I guess in the long run it was worth it. Finally a guy I can go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve with!!
>>
>>52015049
>Méhico

good. God bless esé.
>>
As weirdos. But they are mostly crazy old women. If young man/girl goes to church it's symptom of mental issues.
>>
File: 1449074682614.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1449074682614.png
153 KB, 351x351
>>52015079
>protestant evangelisation
>>
>>52015104
How do you feel about the general misogynistic narrative in modern Christianity?

Being anti-Islamist and secularist I was regularly ostracized or even ridiculed for standing up for female rights (sometimes even by women)
>>
>>52015049
but countries with protestants are objectively the best ones
>>
>>52015104
>tfw no Catholic girl to go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve with
>>
>>52014852
through a sniper lens
>>
In history books.
>>
>>52015145
it's an abrahamic religion in the end, same shit different name
>>52015155
probs some christ-chan shill trying to say girls love a christian boy
>>
>>52015155

I never saw that misogynistic narrative. Then again I actually want to have a family and a husband to love and to be loved by, so if that's "misogynist" I don't know.

If anything Christianity here is overly feminized in the liturgy and it ends up turning off a lot of men from Church. Women here are the majority of Christians as a result. I went to one young adults Christian group that was ~20 women and 1 poor guy.
>>
As a shrinking majority.
>>
>>52015224
Kek. I suspected as much but was afraid of scaring off the occasional girl on /int/.
>>
>>52014852
fugn nazi racisds, praise homos and idslam :DDD
>>
Barely anyone is religious.

People who actually are are seen as odd.
>>
>>52015224

edgy cunt you are

but I'd expect no less of a kiwi

your posters are always the same
>>
>>52015240
Oops, premature answer on my part.

Thanks for answering honestly. The inherent misogyny in the political dialogue here annoys me to no end. But it is an Islamic country after all.
>>
>>52015224
>probs some christ-chan shill trying to say girls love a christian boy

No I am trying to say that when a guy broke up with me for being too religious it was ultimately for the better, even if it hurt in the short term. My current bf was agnostic only leaning towards Christian when I met him, but he's grown a lot spiritually.

Christian girls love Christian guys IME, other girls probably wouldn't.
>>
File: 1384973917121.png (26 KB, 889x737) Image search: [Google]
1384973917121.png
26 KB, 889x737
>>52015274
forgot my had :DDDD

praise since, margs and mohmed, ok :DDD
>>
>>52014852
They can go to prison for expressing their views.
>>
>>52015275

>barely anyone

revise your statement
>>
memes
>>
>>52015191
>iktf
>>
>>52015306

You say this as a joke but its actually very close to the truth. Look up "Henry VIII". One of your many kings who decided he didn't like that the Pope told him he couldn't kill his wife. So he made his own church and threw anyone who disagreed with it into prison or worse.

The Church he founded is the Church of England. Which your Queen still represents.
>>
>>52015359

Well, that's regime change for you

Ultimately Christians were putting Christians away for being of the old fold, not pretty, but they weren't placed there simply for being christian.

Not that this eventuality shan't be in Britain's future :D
>>
Muslem is harmless in Japan, but christianity makes small harm.
>>
>>52015359
No, I am very serious. At the moment one of our boxer's is being investigated because he said that he thought that homosexuality and abortion showed that Satan ruled the UK. People also go to prison for quoting the Bible in public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2041504/Police-tell-cafe-owner-Stop-showing-Bible-DVDs-arrest-you.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/6034144/Preacher-threatened-with-arrest-for-reading-out-extracts-from-the-Bible-in-public.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3099487/Christian-preacher-arrested-held-cell-11-HOURS-lesbian-falsely-accuses-homophobia.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/7668448/Christian-preacher-arrested-for-saying-homosexuality-is-a-sin.html
>>
>>52015276
I find all abrahamic religions stupid. You probably think Christianity is better than islam and judaism? I'd say that's edgier.
>>
File: 1440988267339.jpg (223 KB, 1978x817) Image search: [Google]
1440988267339.jpg
223 KB, 1978x817
>>52015445
>Britain
>"Free" Country
>>
>>52015445
literally sweden tier
>>
>>52015445

That is really a surprise. UK works in a different way I feel like. It seems like accidentally offending someone is a criminal offense in the UK? If its in "public"?
>>
>>52015509
I think we are probably worse than Sweden.
>>
>>52015445

figures, with the indians and mudslimes flowing to europe they'll try to a make them fitting in their society as possible.

>inb4 european islam union.
>>
>>52015494

I think lumping all "abrahamic religions" together like that is a meaningful term is stupid.

Tell me, what is stupid about """abrahamic religions"""?
>>
>>52015494

well obviously it is better than Islam

Judaism isn't a concern to me in any respect
>>
Dunno senpai its the norm around here.
I havent seen a Catholic tho
And Pr*testants are memeworthy so they dont count
>>
I am one. Australia is over 25% Catholic, like 17% Anglican (the country was basically built alongside the C of E), and 15% other Christian denominations. So most people had some sort of religious upbringing or influence as a kid. A lot of Aussies and Kiwis on here and on Reddit are fucktarded UniMelb atheists (as opposed to normal ones), but in reality Christianity is very normal.
>>52015359
Anglicanism is a total joke to be honest. Henry got salty at the Catholic Church, so he started his own and changed what he wanted. Then Americans got salty at the English, and could stand to have the word "England" in their church name, so they had to change it to "Episcopalian"
>Americans literally renounced their faith because it referenced the English
>>
>>52015445
Don't forget they removed Crucifixes from Prison Chapels to avoid offending Muslims
>>
>>52015523
Pretty much. Britain is basically Reddit if it was a country.
>>
>>52015572

well they were protestants, splintering is what they do, not like having england in the title was important anyway
>>
>>52014852
you need to be more specific my friend
there's a very big distinction between eastern christians and western christians

by large there aren't that many arab christians left here, they secularized in the 50s and soon got majorly outbred by muslims, though the ones who are not sjw are bros as fuck plus their girls are hot

impo western christianity isn't really christianity, both catholics and protestants are exactly like the corrupt temple pastors who collaborated with the romans that jesus preached against and got nailed to a stick for speaking out against.

also fuck the vatican, give us the menorah and ark of the covenant back you thieving greaseballs, we know you have them somewhere in your secret basements
>>
>>52015565
>well obviously it's better than islam
except not really. you can pick many violent quotes from your book as well. sections with retarded morals that are outdated and such. The only reason christianity has become more moderate is because of secular thought gaining traction in the real world.
>>
>>52015582
This is why I consider fellow muslims retarded.

There's a fucking cross on my PS3 and Xbox controller as well as the red fucking cross that's here to provide food and shelter for my brethren.

Fucking idiots as well catering to mindless muslims.
>>
File: saintpepeofhippo.jpg (651 KB, 1273x1640) Image search: [Google]
saintpepeofhippo.jpg
651 KB, 1273x1640
>>52015689
>>
>>52015626
>not like having england in the title was important anyway
Of course. To the Americans, NOT having England in the title was important. So they called it "Episcopal" but literally didn't change a thing otherwise, and it became a big church.
>>
>>52015716
Well, in Bongland's defense, a crucifix is different than a bare cross.

It's still inane.
>>
>>52015689
>jew shilling against Christians
Fucking typical. You filthy kikes corrupt the Vatican and still it's not good enough for you. I hope you get locked into a shower or an oven.
>>
>>52015689
What about the orthodoxy senpai?
>>
>>52015689
>give us the menorah and ark of the covenant
Stop trying to build the Third Temple and bring forth the apocalypse, Shlomo, and we'll talk.
>>
>>52015734

I mean important to the tenants of their religion you dunderhead
>>
>>52015697

yadda yadda yadda
>>
>>52015792
Read my comment again.
Of course it's not important to the actual religion.
But the name of the church was important enough to them to make them quit.
Obviously the name was more important to them then the faith.
>>
The norm. Did a pray with a bunch of carolers the other night
>>
>>52015839

the faith wasn't afffected by the loss of the word

so really? what's the big deal? england not our friend, so namey changey, beliefs the same
>>
>>52015839

You literally said that nothing but the name changed
>>
>>52014852
bunch of superstitious retards

i don't know why it still exists. to anybody it's plain indoctrination from birth and to any well adjusted adult it's impossible to believe any of it
>>
>>52015872
Are you legitimately retarded?
>Anglican Church in America
>Followers are Anglicans
>Then the Revolutionary War happens
>Americans dislike England
>"Church of England" looks bad suddenly, followers don't want to show loyalty to the king
>Change the name to "Episcopalian", but beliefs and practices stay the same
>Suddenly becomes acceptable
Understand now?
>>
>>52015909
Careful with that edge there, laddy. Have you got a license for all that shitposting?
Or better yet, any chance you wanna back up on your claim that no reasonable adult can believe.
>>
File: american atheism.png (74 KB, 456x652) Image search: [Google]
american atheism.png
74 KB, 456x652
>"People who believe in religion are insane, religious people are bringing America down"
>Say 3.1% of the American population
>Living in a country founded and built by Christians
>>
>>52015995

You act like they completely changed religions when all they did was change the name of it
>>
File: 51c4026572d84_53443b.jpg (522 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
51c4026572d84_53443b.jpg
522 KB, 1500x1500
>>52014852
pic related
>>
>>52015725
>>52015787
rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
why are you so fixated on your shitty lives anyways you complan about them here at every waking second
you can also get them back when g-d raises the dead and you get to have a heavenly massiah dance party

>>52015745
go fuck a child and cheat some shekels from poor farmers, it's the only thing you're good at

>>52015786
best masses in the country after latrun, priests look cool as fuck too
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.